maybe a rerun in the same order,

this 1.

In the race there was left...

Craig
Fred
Andreas
Jools
Rob
Peter (tells me he was out just before the connection issue.Fine by me... only craig is on the server

and others that was out before Server crash will follow in the position the dnf or crash,

so evry 1 that Race today can Race again,
Mr G

Re: Euro Suzuka Race report

Post by Mr G »

Damn good idea neo :D
I had past coffemachine on track he was futher in the barrier than me so that counts as a pass :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Mr G wrote:Damn good idea neo :D
I had past coffemachine on track he was futher in the barrier than me so that counts as a pass :D
Damn i thin your right, I have to agree :)
how does it feel to have successfully pulled off a overtake on such a great driver?
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Coffeemachine wrote:
Mr G wrote:Damn good idea neo :D
Damn i thin your right, I have to agree :)
how does it feel to have successfully pulled off a overtake on such a great driver?
Great driver ? who else did I pass :mrgreen:

Fred

Post by Fred »

Ooh Snap! Snap!
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

For those interested, the web reports for what racing has been done so far are available HERE.
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Bilbo wrote:For those interested, the web reports for what racing has been done so far are available HERE.
I'm starting to think the server didn't totally crash here, but for some reason everyone was kicked except me. :?

I have unknown sectors for lap 19 (when the problem happened and it told me everyone else had left the game) but it still recorded my lap time, and strangely it even recorded my lap 20 time (this time with sectors) - lap 18 was the last recorded lap for the people behind me. I did actually do at least one extra lap when everyone got kicked and these results list Fred etc as being 2 laps down on me. At this point I pressed ESC and left the session.

My point?

Well nothing really... i just think if I had did the whole rest of the race on my own it would still have recorded it all and I would've won! Yay! lol :P
ForthRight
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

Craig Cookson wrote:
Bilbo wrote:For those interested, the web reports for what racing has been done so far are available HERE.
I'm starting to think the server didn't totally crash here, but for some reason everyone was kicked except me. :?

I have unknown sectors for lap 19 (when the problem happened and it told me everyone else had left the game) but it still recorded my lap time, and strangely it even recorded my lap 20 time (this time with sectors) - lap 18 was the last recorded lap for the people behind me. I did actually do at least one extra lap when everyone got kicked and these results list Fred etc as being 2 laps down on me. At this point I pressed ESC and left the session.

My point?

Well nothing really... i just think if I had did the whole rest of the race on my own it would still have recorded it all and I would've won! Yay! lol :P
I was able to immediately remote desktop to the server and so I think it just dropped most peoples connections for some reason.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Not to step on anyones toes, but wouldnt it be better to do the remaining races on the backup server from Bilbo?? So far we have had a lot of problems with this server, last race some weird lag and now people getting kicked. So just an idea to do the remaining races on the backup server,... what you guys think? :roll:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

I just had to save that moment, it was far too awsome.

Here i am, minding my own buissnies, and look what happens

sigh

no respect for yellow flags...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ3Cat_InOY
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Coffeemachine wrote:I just had to save that moment, it was far too awsome.

sigh

lol

That was a pretty crazy pile up. Rare for one car to end up going straight into another like that. :shock:
ForthRight
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Neo wrote: so evry 1 that Race today can Race again,
How about the others? I wud also love to take part in the new race. As u may remember, i practiced the track and was gonna join if i didn't have a spontaneous visitor just before the race. Had no chance to tell u i was not able to join then.
Born to race, race to die
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Craig Cookson wrote:That was a pretty crazy pile up. Rare for one car to end up going straight into another like that. :shock:
I've done worse at Monaco 2-3 years ago. After some bad casualties, we were only 3 left running after about 75% of the race. Mario was leading the race but made a mistake and went for the runoff area at T1 and managed to keep his car together just before the barrier and keep the engine running. I was a couple of seconds or so behind him, 7 or 8 laps down (pretty bad race for me, I was even getting worried about the 90% rule), and made exactly the same mistake as Mario and crashed badly into him before he could move, causing terminal damage to his car. I managed to run back to my pits but aborted my race out of shame when I saw that Mario could not get going. I still have nightmares about this one... :shock: :oops:
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Bilbo wrote:
Craig Cookson wrote:That was a pretty crazy pile up. Rare for one car to end up going straight into another like that. :shock:
I've done worse at Monaco 2-3 years ago. After some bad casualties, we were only 3 left running after about 75% of the race. Mario was leading the race but made a mistake and went for the runoff area at T1 and managed to keep his car together just before the barrier and keep the engine running. I was a couple of seconds or so behind him, 7 or 8 laps down (pretty bad race for me, I was even getting worried about the 90% rule), and made exactly the same mistake as Mario and crashed badly into him before he could move, causing terminal damage to his car. I managed to run back to my pits but aborted my race out of shame when I saw that Mario could not get going. I still have nightmares about this one... :shock: :oops:
You shouldn't feel that bad about a mistake - I know it's awful when you put someone else out of the race, but if it's a total accident i'm sure they will understand.

Does anyone know if the Suzuka race (part 2) will take place before Brazil? I don't really want to start practicing Brazil until Suzuka is done, but if Suzuka won't happen for a few weeks then I might as well start driving Brazil. Don't like Interlagos though, not for driving anyway (normally good to watch real F1 on TV though).
ForthRight
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Coffeemachine wrote:I just had to save that moment, it was far too awsome.

sigh

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yellow flags !!!!!!!!!! you hadnt even finished your crash before I came and joined you :mrgreen:

Jools
Favorite team: Williams

Post by Jools »

dutch power wrote:Not to step on anyones toes, but wouldnt it be better to do the remaining races on the backup server from Bilbo?? So far we have had a lot of problems with this server, last race some weird lag and now people getting kicked. So just an idea to do the remaining races on the backup server,... what you guys think? :roll:
I got a quote for replacement server after this issue occurred. The server has let us down for the last time I will not be renewing payment. So would you like me to go ahead and order the replacement when this one runs out?
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

The re run for the Japan euro race will take place on the 14th November

Cheers

G 8)

Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Sorry but i had to drop out of the race.

There were only two of us left and with the championship not being at stake I couldn't justify doing this full distance race while my girlfriend is here.

Sorry Peter. You were doing very well though.
ForthRight