Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA 2010 Singapore GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... e_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... e_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... gapore.zip (6.8MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Congrats to Eleanor for the win and thanks to all who participated!

Note: The race was 50% length due to lack of participation.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: NA 2010 Singapore GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

I'm happy that this race is over. Lack of practice took the fun out of an already not much fun track.

Congrats to Eleanor for the win, Lion and SteveB for the podium, thanks to Juan and Steve for being there while it lasted. Special thanks to Lion for his setup (I would have done much worse without it) and to the McLaren crew for repairing a missing wheel (among other missing parts).

Bring on Suzuka now, a REAL race track! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Bilbo wrote:Note: The race was 50% length due to lack of participation.
We considered doing 50% in Euro as well - we only had about six drivers. In the end we decided to stick with the full 61 lovely laps.

We're just that hardcore. :twisted:
ForthRight
Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

U welcome for the setup Bilbo. It was a very good setup.
Craig, to be honest, 31 laps felt like 61 laps. In 25-26th lap, I already had a back pain.

It was a crazy race. Me and Eleanor were in a fight for pole position. He kept saying that he wants the Pole, and I disagreed, and I said it will be mine, i wont give it to you. And I did it. I made an amazing quali, making no mistakes this time, I pushed at every corners to my maximum to get P1.

At the race, I had a great start, and opened the gap with eleanor to almost 10 seconds. Then i pit on lap 16. Entering the pit, I pushed the wrong button for limiter.I pushed the CLUTCH. and it gave me Stop/Go. Then after 2 laps. I entered to the pits to serve the penalty. AGAIN I pressed the CLUTCH. I had to pit again to serve the penalty. But this time I made sure to press the correct button.

I lost my concentration after the 3 pit stops. I spun couple times, I almost stalled the car and could've lost my tires.

Singapore is a track like Monaco. a very risky track which i love, but stupid mistakes like I made yesterday cost you points.

Finishing second ahead of Steve means I gained 3 more points than him and closing down on the Championship. I am sure Steve will fight back and try to gain lots of points in the upcoming races. I felt sorry for Rich not showing up. He is fast, it couldve been awesome fighting against him for the victory.
F1RST3 (F1C) No aids Champion, F1 2007.
FiHSF1(MMG) No aids Champion, F1 2008.

===============================
"Schumi you are a Legend, but so is Lion!"
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Craig Cookson wrote:We considered doing 50% in Euro as well - we only had about six drivers. In the end we decided to stick with the full 61 lovely laps.

We're just that hardcore. :twisted:
We usually do 100% with 6 drivers in NA too but given that it was a relatively unpopular track and someone had brought the subject up in pre-race practice, I thought I would ask and we got the required unanimous agreement to do 50%.
2010 NA div. Admin
Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

Since we have less drivers in each division, why don't we UNITE the European and North American Division???

Lets race on sunday, but lets change the timing so it is not late for european drivers. We can race at 3pm EST, and it would be 8-9pm in Europe.
What do you say? Lets have a big grid. It will be alot of fun. Besides this is rfactor, not F1C where there is lots of lags.
F1RST3 (F1C) No aids Champion, F1 2007.
FiHSF1(MMG) No aids Champion, F1 2008.

===============================
"Schumi you are a Legend, but so is Lion!"
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

This has been explained times and times again. Short answer is that it is not practical due to the time differences: either NA drivers would have to sacrifice their Sunday afternoon or Euro drivers have to race in the early Monday morning before going to work/school.

For example, members in California or B.C. would have to race at noon with your proposition. Personally, I'm in the EST zone and I would be the first one to NOT race on Sunday afternoons, despite having averaged only 1 missed race per season since I joined NAR in 2004 (racing on Sunday nights). Sunday nights are (relatively) expendable for me, not afternoons, and I'm single with no children so I really doubt anyone with a family could consistently attend races on weekend afternoons and still have a family at the end.

Search a bit in the forums, the subject has been discussed to death as far as I'm concerned. The main issue is not technical...
2010 NA div. Admin
Eleanor
Favorite team: Galatasaray
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Eleanor »

thankyou
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Well.....first off I am very happy this race was 50%

I only did about 10 laps of practice here.

My qualy wasn't great but I was ok with it.

I had a pretty good start, I knew I couldn't keep up with everyone so I was just running my own race
and was hoping the front runners would find the wall......sorry

That is what happened except for Lion and El who were untouchable.......dam it all!!!!

We are going to have to penalize you two for going to fast.....lol

At one point I was chasing Bilbo and was catching him then coming to the grandstand section I saw Bilbo
tag the wall and almost hit him when he bounced off the wall.....lol
I knew at that point I just had to keep it off the walls and bring it home.

CONGRATS to EL for the win and Lion for his podium finish and to all who participated.

C U in Japan
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

philmax

Post by philmax »

Steve B wrote:Well.....first off I am very happy this race was 50%
in na division u just make 50% of race? i think its good idea ,and i think for both division its the best way for fun on race
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

philmax wrote:in na division u just make 50% of race? i think its good idea ,and i think for both division its the best way for fun on race
Please read the whole thread before starting any rumors... :wink:
Bilbo wrote:We usually do 100% with 6 drivers in NA too but given that it was a relatively unpopular track and someone had brought the subject up in pre-race practice, I thought I would ask and we got the required unanimous agreement to do 50%.
2010 NA div. Admin
philmax

Post by philmax »

......................if u want