Euro Singapore race

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Euro Singapore race

Post by dutch power »

Dreadfull race, its like driving Monaco 2 times. :mrgreen:

O well in Q craig putted in a fast lap, realy fast lap and i knew how late it was so quickly changed into saving all the points you can mode. :lol: Anyway got p2 on the grid after a decent lap for me, at start things got a bit complicated, there was some bad lag in the first 2 laps with the game sync and cars apearing disapearing, so at some parts i went off line in the hope i wouldnt hit other cars or cars wouldnt jump into me. Mr G retired and i hope i didnt hit him, i think he got close to me one time so dont know realy. After some laps it settled down and damage was done by Jools and G retiring dont know if this was caused by lag or other reason. But after 3 laps i was down 10 secs on 3th place and started to chase down. When i finaly reached Kaffe he retired for some reasons,... you got afraid ?? :mrgreen: Anyway after that chasing down Natox for 2nd and when i had to make my first stop i noticed that my enigne life was down to 50% after 20 laps,... you do the math if i kept going on like that i wouldnt reach the finish so i went into saving engine mode and that was pretty much it,.. just made the finish with 2% engine life left so i guess 3th place was best possible today.

Grats to Craig for another win.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Coffeemachine

Re: Euro Singapore race

Post by Coffeemachine »

you wheren't chasing me, i was second. the timing and the lags where pretty confuzing at points :) i accidentaly drove into the wall a few times (yes, more driving into them than crashing into them) and the car got some damage and was sliding all over the place...so i just overdrove to try and keep up with craig for as long as i could and eventually the damage led to hot rear tyres and a retirement, first crash of the year - whoa! :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

dutch power wrote:i noticed that my enigne life was down to 50% after 20 laps
How do you check "engine life"?
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

The lag at the start was very confusing - second place changed quite a few times so i wasn't sure exactly who was behind me or how close they were. Once it settled down i realised Kaffe was in second place and he also had very good pace until he retired.

About half way through my first stint I lightly touched the wall (extremely lightly) and it was enough to mess up the handling. In previous races when i've had very slight contact with a barrier the worst that happened was the steering going off-centre a little, and that's not too hard to deal with. This time however it caused big balance issues - i had lots of understeer during right hand corners and awful snap oversteer during left hand corners. A few laps later i touched the same wall again (even lighter contact) and the handling issue got more extreme. :? I considered pitting early as it was pretty hard to drive, but in the end I decided to try to live with it and get it fixed during my first proper pit stop.

After this i took on a new motto - don't touch the sodding walls at all. :x I was actually quite impressed with how the balance of the car was affected by the contact (impressed with the physics), but I really don't think the very slight contact I had would've affected the car at all in real life (it was side-on contact between the tyre side wall and the barrier). Again I think the damage sensitivity is unrealistic.

The rest of the race was pretty lonely and I mainly just focused on getting the car to finish - there were only three of us left on track so it was rare to see another car.

Thanks for the congrats and well done to NatxoCC and Mark for getting on the podium. :) I hope the early DNF's weren't due to the lag situation as that's pretty awful.
ForthRight
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Bilbo wrote:
dutch power wrote:i noticed that my enigne life was down to 50% after 20 laps
How do you check "engine life"?
I would also like to know this. At the moment i've got no idea how well or badly my engine is doing, apart from the temperature on LCD display.
ForthRight
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

There is a simple plugin available that captures the car heatlh like tyre presure oil presure brake temps tyre temps all captured in one picture and it is real time. I think its available at RFC i guess, will see if i can put it here, its pretty helpfull to not blow up a engine however not realy realistic i guess because in real life you can not know when a engine is gonna die.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Ah, OK. Thanks for the info!
2010 NA div. Admin
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

Laggy as hell...

I lasted about exactly as long as I expected. I probably could have made it to the pits for repairs but I didn't see the point :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... e_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... e_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... gapore.zip (7.8MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

I stopped because of lag and I lost force feedback and my led gear display at start I couldnt even reset my force feedback dont know what happened but couldnt carry on car felt horrible and other cars were doing crazy things around me.

Congrats Craig
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

natxocc

Post by natxocc »

Same for me.
2 or 3 laps with screen freezes, lag, but after all was running well

Race very boring, only 4 ó 3 players at end. This is one of my favourite circuits, but it was not enough to catch Craig.

Well done Craig and Mark.