Euro Monza Race Report

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Racer
NAR administrator

Euro Monza Race Report

Post by Racer »

well started good, had to take the escape route at first corner, got stop and go. :shock:
after that had to stop the Car in the Pits, had phone call, :(
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: Euro Monza Race Report

Post by SteveB »

Let it RING RING RING !!!!!!

hehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Well i dont know where to start actualy, im so happy i got this one in the bag now. I knew Craig would be strugling more on this track as he isnt realy fast on lower downforce tracks especialy this one i figured out i would have a good chance to go for a victory here. So this afternoon i decided to do some more testing then i normaly do focusing more on my race setup wich worked out perfectly. Then Qualy, first lap i messed up slightly got stuck behind a ferrari wich costed me a few tents however i knew what times i could do so i figured even with a rather easy lap i should be able to get the pole time, then the 2nd atempt was a 23,5 wich was a verry good lap better then expected.

Race came and i was thinking dont mess up the start, however i got it all wrong again to much wheelspin so several cars passed me, then i got a nudge at T1 making me to completely miss the corner and i was thinking o shoot there goes my race, because i took exit route i had to let a lot of people pass me again who where in front of me before t1. After that i had to recover from this, luckily my car didnt had damage,... or i was thinking it didnt had damage. So when i reached lap 17 i think end of my stint i managed to overtake everyone and also Craig , i was about 4 secs in front of him when i did my stop and was having a big enough gap to 3th so i figured i would come out in front of 3th, however i was having damage wich i didnt noticed and didnt turned off while pitting, so my pitstop took a lot more time then i wanted and because of that i got behind 3th place Natoxx and i wasnt happy with that as i knew i had to fight with him for some laps because he was 1 stopper. Anyway i lost time there as well and due to this all when Craig made his pitstop i got in just behind him and had to get passed him as well. I just wasnt to sure if he was 1 or 2 stopper however i figured when he pitted lap 20 that it must be 2 stop still with short last wich was the case here. Still i had to pull a gap to be safe in the end. In my final stint i couldnt get the best times realy because it was the stint with the most fuell onboard so my laps where a few tents slower. In the end it got pretty exiting having to hold off craig for most of the final stint 15 laps trailing around within 3 to 4 seconds and to the final laps he actualy closed it down to around 1.5 sec so was pretty nerve wrecking, but i was confident with the car and driving and i knew i should be able to keep him off wich i did. So yeah finaly Craig beaten on track, thats all i wanted this year just one time to beat him. :mrgreen: It was hard working but for sure a interesting race, also because of Natoxx one stopper wich got close as well and several leaders it was verry interesting.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

CONGRATS DP for your win and to all who finished. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

Neo wrote:well started good, had to take the escape route at first corner, got stop and go. :shock:
after that had to stop the Car in the Pits, had phone call, :(
HEHEH I saw you when make pit stop, I think they have new safety car Brawn Mercedes :lol:

Good race for me. One stop strategy looks good :)

Congrats for winner and all finishers :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Lost my qualy P2 by getting DQ, so sweet:) Good start, was already 6th before braking then on T1 I touched my left front wheel with Peter's car while braking and i have been launched into air, cutting 1st corner and getting stop and go penelty and also seriously damaging front left suspension so I had to go to pits twice on 1st two laps. After that race was normal, hard pushing to get back lost positions, on my 4th pit stop i just tiny speeded in pit lane and received next drive through penelty... after all that shit and few some nice fights I'm glad to finish 4th but P2 would be better:)

Norbert Wolf:)
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Very hard race here.

After seeing Marks time in qualifying I knew he was going to be very quick, even if he had slightly less fuel onboard. I actually made a good start in the race (for once), to the point where I wish I could take a screenshot of my start and frame it - I actually gained a place rather than losing two. Unfortunately Mark quickly made up the places he lost at the start and closed me down - it wasn't long before he was in front.

Keeping check of the positions I noticed he came out right behind MrG after his first stop, so I had to hope this would cost him a bit of time. Luckily that's what happened so when I made my stop a few laps later I managed to take the lead again. :D But it didn't last long. :( Mark soon went passed me for a second time and I knew that was probably it - he had more laps to pull a gap and I just couldn't match his pace - after our second stops I was still 4 seconds behind him. I managed to close the gap to 1.5 seconds but then we ran out of laps, not that I think I would ever have gotten passed. I also had quite a funny moment running wide on the exit of the last chicane on the final lap.. almost put it in the wall there.

Congratulations to Mark on an excellent drive and well done to everyone who finished and got some well deserved points. :)

And thank you to my lovely broadband connection for not cutting out 5 laps before the end.
ForthRight
Bully
Favorite team: Renault F1 Team
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Bully »

Hi all.
I`m very dissapointed with myself in last 2 races. This time i made a big mistake in the start and i touched Mark and broke my front wing (sorry very much Mark :oops: , i hope you had no damage in your car...). After that, i made all the first lap very slow and went in box to repair my car. Back in track and i was making consistant laps. Times were several fast. I could overtake Murat after a nice fight and i was taking time to Mr G, when i made the 2nd and last mistake of my race. I was changing the fuel to load in the second stop while driving when i lost the control of the car and hit the wall. Race over. So, very dissapointed. In fact, i see that i`ve no time for trainning and that is dangerous for the rest of the pilots (i`ve been near taking Mark out of this race. Sorry again Mark. That`s not nice for me). So, if i don`t look for time to make my setting (last one i made few minutes before the race) and be a secure pilot, i`ll leave the league.

Congrats Mark for the win and to all finishers. :wink:
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

Well, bad start for me. I have problems with my third pedal.
from third i was last, but the race was open when I saw someone impact on firt corner.

After this, I try to gain positions but where too difficult.

I arrived to be consistent on first place, but after my pit stop I get out the way (I used to be with low fuel minutes before). This time I lost was the main reason I had no option to win the race, because on last laps I was 4 seconds from first but I prefer to finish and not force my car.

Congrats for all drivers.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _Italy.zip (15.3MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin