Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA 2010 Belgian GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... m_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... m_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... elgium.zip (11.0MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Congrats to Lion_Heart for the win and thanks to all who participated!
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NA 2010 Belgian GP race reports

Post by SteveB »

Well another race I didn't practice for. Thanks to Bilbo for the setup.

My qualy was aweful but I was already expecting a bad race.

Race start was so bad, I released the clutch and did't keep the revs up and almost
stalled.
I was able to stick with Bilbo for a few laps but them a few minor mistakes and not praticing doesn't
mix at SPA.

They pulled away and knew it was going to be a long lonely race.

Anyway I am happy with it.

CONGRATS to Lion for the win and to EL and Bilbo for podium finishes.

C U at MONZA
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Gent's
Sorry I missed this one
had to work I thought half day but it turned out all day.
Had a couple of guys not show so it was all on me to finish.

I should fire there a..ss just for ruining my race day :lol:

hopefully will be at Monza
I hate that track but I hope to be there anyway.

Ruben :oops:
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Hope to see you at MONZA Hitman :)

Ya FIRE thier a...sssssssssssssessssss how dare they mess with RACE DAY!!!!
heheheheheheheheheeee!!!!!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

I qualified 2nd. Eleanor was very fast. I think I could have qualified 1st if I pushed hard, but this is qualifying, you make mistakes when you push hard.

At the start I would've overtake Eleanor at T1 easy, but it would've caused a big chaos, so I didn't risk colliding with him or others, however, I took a wide turn and 2-3 cars passed me.
Then on the same lap, Eleanor and carrera I think collided, giving me the 2nd place and Rich the 1st.

Surprisingly, Rich was very fast in Belgium. It was really hard keeping up with him. For 14 laps I was following him within 1 second. Then he pit 1 lap before me, giving me 1 lap to push as hard as I can. Then once i came out of the pit, I was in front of him by 9 tenths.

After that I tried to push hard and set fast lap times. That is the only way I could open the gap with him.

It was fun again. Racers in NA division is really competitive. Good job Rich and congratulations to Bilbo, and Steve B for finishing
F1RST3 (F1C) No aids Champion, F1 2007.
FiHSF1(MMG) No aids Champion, F1 2008.

===============================
"Schumi you are a Legend, but so is Lion!"
Rich
Favorite team: str ferrari
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Rich »

it was realy nice race ... for me at t1 whit a lot of car was not to bad
and after this it was close whit lion all the way to t2 and after i saw the hit whit eleanor and carrera
push the breke hard let them crash and take the lead ...

i was pushing hard ... but lion was fast and passe me
and that was it finish second happy whit it ...

Rich
carrera

Post by carrera »

well after watching the replay I was a little bummed out about it.
Was pulling 1:51.078 in practice with rich and then put on more downforce just in case.
That was not a good idea.Lost about 4 miles an hour .
Did a great start and hounded eleanor till I got by but went to turn in and bang.
Cant bitch about it too much though but it cost me my suspension and couldn't catch steve b because of it.
I'll just chalk this one up as a racing incident.Kept my engine going though and tried to go on with damage but it was tricky.
crashed and parked to watch the front runners.
Hope to see hitman in Monza although it it not the nicest track for me either..LOL....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Eleanor
Favorite team: Galatasaray
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Eleanor »

I missed the breaking point. Really sorry
Clockwork Avian

Post by Clockwork Avian »

carrera wrote:well after watching the replay I was a little bummed out about it.
Was pulling 1:51.078 in practice with rich and then put on more downforce just in case.
That was not a good idea.Lost about 4 miles an hour .
Did a great start and hounded eleanor till I got by but went to turn in and bang.
Cant bitch about it too much though but it cost me my suspension and couldn't catch steve b because of it.
I'll just chalk this one up as a racing incident.Kept my engine going though and tried to go on with damage but it was tricky.
crashed and parked to watch the front runners.
Hope to see hitman in Monza although it it not the nicest track for me either..LOL....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
As you may know Eleanor cant speak english very well and he told me one more thing. He said that you, I mean carrera, pushed a bit in an uncontrolled way and touched him several times in eau rouge and he lost his concentration. I watched the replay and it is obvious. But he is still sorry and says the problem was mostly due to the concentration loss caused by those contacts in eau rouge.

CA
carrera

Post by carrera »

So what your saying is he hit me on purpose.Well...that was warranted I guess do to almost running him off the road in eau rouge.He won't have to worry about that again though as I will watch my aggressiveness for sure in the coming races.
My apologies for that one.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Clockwork Avian

Post by Clockwork Avian »

carrera wrote:So what your saying is he hit me on purpose.Well...that was warranted I guess do to almost running him off the road in eau rouge.He won't have to worry about that again though as I will watch my aggressiveness for sure in the coming races.
My apologies for that one.
carrera 8) 8) 8)

I dont know how you have drawn the conclusion that he hit you on purpose... He didnt do it on purpose. He says he has lost concentration and missed the breaking point. Why should someone who prepared for a race that much ruin his own race? And I guess you have different breaking points as well, he seems to break a bit later.