Euro Spa Race Reports

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Coffeemachine

Euro Spa Race Reports

Post by Coffeemachine »

I loaded the wrong set :) didnt notice it until everyone flew past me at radillon. Hehe, needless to say, not much practise here...
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: Euro Spa Race Reports

Post by Racer »

loose the rear and finish in the wall, :( :shock:
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Connection lost.

This might be my last race as it simply isn't fun anymore. I was having a nice race (just like Hungary) and now I feel pretty sick.
ForthRight
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Great race until I stuffed 6 laps from the end :evil: chasing Peter have great battle but pushed to hard damn :(
Nice racing again guys enjoyed it :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Craig Cookson wrote:Connection lost.

This might be my last race as it simply isn't fun anymore. I was having a nice race (just like Hungary) and now I feel pretty sick.
do a PC cleanup m8, run antivirus, or instal antivirus, see if ure provider aint messing around with conection,
maybe a fresh Window install, just thinking out load for ya, might help :)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Yeah pretty crap, hope you can fix this damn problem craig. :(

Not much to say, again a present this victory however this time i think i had the better pace over Craig although i decided to switch to 1 stop once again in the hope to jump craig as he had to make another stop. However during the 2nd run i noticed that my laptimes where horrible and much slower then i expected so i lost a whole lot of time to craig with that and he would have been able to make a safe 2nd stop. Also during the end i noticed that i came 2L of Fuell to short to finish the race so had to do a splash and dash in the last lap, but the gap was big enough to 2nd.

Anyway Craig, i realy hope you can fix that problem would be sad to see you not race anymore this year.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Neo wrote:

do a PC cleanup m8, run antivirus, or instal antivirus, see if ure provider aint messing around with conection,
maybe a fresh Window install, just thinking out load for ya, might help :)
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm sure it is the provider as everything else is fine, but they just keep suggesting basic things to fix it ("unplug the router and plug it back in"???). I am contracted to them for another 6 months or so.
ForthRight
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:Yeah pretty crap, hope you can fix this damn problem craig. :(

Not much to say, again a present this victory however this time i think i had the better pace over Craig although i decided to switch to 1 stop once again in the hope to jump craig as he had to make another stop. However during the 2nd run i noticed that my laptimes where horrible and much slower then i expected so i lost a whole lot of time to craig with that and he would have been able to make a safe 2nd stop. Also during the end i noticed that i came 2L of Fuell to short to finish the race so had to do a splash and dash in the last lap, but the gap was big enough to 2nd.

Anyway Craig, i realy hope you can fix that problem would be sad to see you not race anymore this year.
Well done on the win Mark.

I don't think you should feel bad about it at all as you definitely had better pace here - I was pushing to the limit but i couldn't pull away from you. I was spending all my time trying to keep you behind...

You're always pretty special on these low downforce tracks so in Monza i think everyone might be struggling to keep up.
ForthRight
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Craig Cookson wrote:
dutch power wrote:Yeah pretty crap, hope you can fix this damn problem craig. :(

Well done on the win Mark.

I don't think you should feel bad about it at all as you definitely had better pace here - I was pushing to the limit but i couldn't pull away from you. I was spending all my time trying to keep you behind...

You're always pretty special on these low downforce tracks so in Monza i think everyone might be struggling to keep up.
Yeah and you have to imagine, i started from the back as well so i first had to go trough the field. Somehow the lower downforce tracks suite me better, infact i didnt done much testing for this race either just one hour before the race i fixxed my setup. Its just that i completely messed up my qualy, but well when i noticed all the topspeeds from other drivers i wasnt realy worried, actualy i was settling down for some nice overtaking. :mrgreen: And also when i was behind you , you where just a tad to fast in S2 so i never realy could get a proper run on the 2 straights so was just waiting till the pitstops.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Totally tragic. Now I can understand how Jenson Button felt after Sebastian Vettel hit him today. Cause the untalented chaser of the Red Bull Racing who thought Manos would have ruined his race ruined mine. I don't really understand how/why untalented drivers can race in such a veterans' league. Missed such a big opportunity to have wheel to wheel fights with Peter Sojda and Mr. G since our pace was pretty the same. Next time guys...

Once again congrats with the win and sorry for responding the blue flag a bit too late Mark, I'm glad nothing bad happened.

And of course Craig, very unlucky with ur disconnection. I do believe that will not be only me whom u upset if u stop racing.
Born to race, race to die
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

Craig, some time ago, I had a router/ADSL from Orange.
It seems to work, but when it restarts the net in these situations:
* When traffic on net was too high
* When someone answer the telephone :shock:
* When it was too hot :!:

I thought that was my provider, but when I changed it, all my problems were solved.
You can try if answering the telephone cause it, or if it is too hot. Always, disconned wifi to avoid nobody access the router.
If you can try another router before from somebody, do it. Probably you have the same that I had.
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

No web stats ? :(
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Peter Sojda wrote:No web stats ? :(
They should be available roughly 7 hours after this post, when I get back home (it's lunchtime here as I write this). I had not yet received the result files by 1AM (local) so I went to bed.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... m_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... m_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... elgium.zip (13.2MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin