Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA 2010 Hungarian GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ungary.zip (18.1MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Thanks to all who participated.
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NA 2010 Hungarian GP race reports

Post by Flow »

Hi all. I just cant beleive it!!! Guys, the start was verry hot, all 11 car seem to cross T1 with no missing part. It was just a blast folowing the leaders Eleanor, Bilbo and Carrera fighting in my face and having all other cars so close in my ass. After few laps, Carrera lost his rythm loosing his fight with Bilbo, i needed to take advantage of Carrera and push in his ass, i seem to disturb him enough to have some hope to pass soon... and black out!!! computer just freezed for 10 seconds and then just shut down... ?&$!&!$%!?#@& (was what was going on in my mind). Probably overheating...

I was so disapointed to end up the most fun race i ever race, cant wait to see the replay, espeacialy because it will be the only race il be able to race this year. Was realy fun to see you all on track, im missing racing so mutch. Was just a great night, while it last. 8)
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi fellow racers,
Well you hit the nail right on the head flow.
I screwed up and that first lap and the second were brutal.
I knew you were behind me and I am sorry I bunched you guys up but I was pushing to get to Bilbo.
He overshot the chicane and I thought I had a chance but I screwed that up royally and had to push on.
Bilbo pulled out a decent lead as I put my downforce to max before the qualifying(not smart).
Should have kept it where it was.Hitman was behind me and pushing hard the whole race.
I made many mistakes but the end result was.He was on a 2 stopper and I was on a three.
My fuel was too much and they tried to pull me in on a pitstop with 5 aps fuel left.
That screwed me up as I had to unrequest the pitstop twice and hitman closed in.Great race though as I could see hitman was consistent as always.I ended up in 4th place but was happy to finish.Could have easily went 2 stops as my tires were fine probably because i resisted using first gear.The last pitsop they pulled me in with 34 litres of fuel left and I said"fuck it"and went in knowing that the end of the race was near anyway.I had a great start and just edged out flow but I knew he was closing in after a couple of lasp.Can you say"immense pressure"..LOL.....great race...was fun as hell to run with flow and hitman and the boys even though I wondered what happened to flow.BAd luck flow...I had a fan on my machine as it was 31 degrees outside.Congrats to all who showed up and gave it their best shot,Felt for Jaun as I think he had damage .
Boon will not be happy that he missed a great race but I am sure he will be there next time(he had to go to likely to fix his mothers well pump .bummer).Was exhilarating to say the least.....wuuuu huuuuu....LOL
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello Gent's
Well First it was Fantastic to be back Racing with all of you again.
Thank you Guy's

Race
I qualified pretty good was happy with that.

I messed up my start (Almost killed the Engine right there) I had enough RPM but when I released the Clutch it bogged down anyway. Lost a bunch of places right there.
So had to make up a few positions.
Threw mistakes and passing I got back up in to 4th and hounded Carrera for the whole race.
I chose a 2 stopper not sure if it was wise now as I was a sec + faster on a 3 stopper plus I could have been harder on the tires instead of managing them for a race.

Trying to catch Carrera manage tires is not a easy thing to do let alone pass him :lol:
I thought for sure he had it as I thought he would have went for a 2 stopper but then he pitted and gave me 3rd Thank you Carr :D

It was a great race and had a lot of fun
Thank you Bilbo for the set (I only changed very little and it felt great.)
First time with this mod not bad really a little easy for what I am used to racing here. :lol:

Again Thanks Guys
Cu at the next one
Ruben M.
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

First, thanks to Flow and Hitman for their visit. It was great practicing and racing again with you guys. I'm really looking forward to next time! 8)

The few practice I've done for this race was as a 2-stopper but my car was getting hard to drive on lower fuel and hard tyres so, a few hours before the race I decided to switch to a 3-stopper just for safety. This being a track I don't particularly like, I was just hoping for a finish and some points to salvage my poor championship position. I was really in "safe, damage-control" mode before even starting and I was expecting to be lapped twice in the race, judging by the times I had seen others do in practice.

I was really surprised with my qualy time which was close to my PB (21.6 vs 21.3) on this track. And the fact that I crashed before completing my qualy, I started the race with fuel for an extra 2 laps which could give me the option of switching back to a 2-stopper if needed.

My race was mostly lonely though, except for the first 5 laps or so. I was lucky to be able to take advantage of Eleanor's poor start to take the lead but I knew he was much faster than me and it was only a question of time before he'd take it back. I made a couple of mistakes near the end of lap 3 and that was it. Then having Carrera at my back was not a piece of cake either, particularly when I missed my braking for the slow chicane and decided to jump it head-on rather than try to make the turn anyways and flip over (that reasoning being the result of hard-won experience at this track) and I could just manage to hold my position in front of Carrera and the field (other than Eleanor who was already gone with the wind). After that, I kinda settled in and started pulling some nice (for me) laps and growing the gap with those behind as much as El was getting away from me.

As my 1st stop was coming near, I contemplated switching to a 2-stops strategy but there was nothing to gain as Eleanor was far enough ahead that I could not catch him even if he did 3 stops and I was enough ahead of the others that I could safely make my 3 stops and stay ahead of those doing 2 stops. Given that I was doing 3 stops for "safety" reasons in the first place, there was really no point risking a 2-stopper for no gain. It all worked well for me and the rest of the race was pretty much uneventful except for an inconsequential spin and some bad brain fade after mid-race where, for many laps, I was braking way too much at a couple of turns for no particular reason. That explains a sequence of laps in the 23-24s compared to my more "normal" laps in the 22s or 21s. I guess I was falling asleep, despite my hurting hands from holding my wheel too tight on this go-kart track.

Thanks to everyone for being there and the few drivers I lapped for being very nice about it. Congrats to Eleanor for the unchallenged win!

See you in Belgium!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Another crash, front wheel lost, race over...lol, wow
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

wooow wooooooooooow. Eleanor is really getting fast. This guy is awesome!! I know he is the king of no aids in f1c 2002. But he is really getting fast in this mod aswell and he is matching the fast drivers in EU division.

well done everybody. and again I apologize for not making the race. The internet guy is coming today to install. Then all i need to is repair the pedal, and thats it.
F1RST3 (F1C) No aids Champion, F1 2007.
FiHSF1(MMG) No aids Champion, F1 2008.

===============================
"Schumi you are a Legend, but so is Lion!"
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

I wasn't ready for this race by any means plus it is a circuit that I HATE very much. lol :lol:

My qualy is what I had expected so was ok with 6th.

My race start was good made it through T1 safely and was able to stay with Flow and Carrera for a while
till I started over driving and making mistake after mistake which allowed Juan to really close the gap.

I think it was around lap 10 or so Juan was going for the pass at T1 and I knew he was coming in too hot
so I gave him the line and he went a little wide and I took the inside but I guess Juan got on the throttle a little too fast
and spun right infront of me and I lost my front wing and had left front suspension damage, made it back to the pits
came out second last and just ran my race hoping to bring the car home in one piece.

My FIRST TIME in 5 years with NAR I am leading the Driver's Championship....I know we don't get paid for this
but dam it feels FANTASTIC!!!! Woooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!! I hope it lasts for awhile.
FERRARI is now leading the CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP as well.

CONGRATS to Eleanor for the win and to all who finished and thank you to everyone who participated.

It was AMAZING to see Flow and Hitman on track again I/WE hope to see both of you on track again and again this season. :)
preferably behind me this time....lmao :twisted: :twisted:

See You at SPA
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Eleanor
Favorite team: Galatasaray

Post by Eleanor »

I had a a great race everyone. Thank you for your congrats.
See you in Spa.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi

Post by Flow »

Steve B wrote:My FIRST TIME in 5 years with NAR I am leading the Driver's Championship....I know we don't get paid for this
but dam it feels FANTASTIC!!!! Woooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!! I hope it lasts for awhile.
I noticed that, congrats man, you dont need to the fastest driver, just finish your race good and you still can hope winning it.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Flow wrote:
Steve B wrote:My FIRST TIME in 5 years with NAR I am leading the Driver's Championship....I know we don't get paid for this
Flow wrote:[I noticed that, congrats man, you dont need to the fastest driver, just finish your race good and you still can hope winning it.
That and with the absence of Mario, Flow, Hitman, Lion and a couple others made it a little easier for us turtles but it still feels FANTASTIC!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN