Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Euro German GP 2010

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ermany.zip (12.5MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Euro German GP 2010

Post by TheBear »

Sorry I hit you Sojda. I lost control a bit under braking when you were to the side of me and my car turned into yours. I hope it didn't damage you.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Well what to say, i completely messed up my strategie somehow i thought it was 57 laps i was actualy convinced it was that number and ofcourse in testing i could easily do over 20 laps consistent times and tyres stayed ok so figured a 1 stop would work 29-29 strategie. However during the race when we got close to pitting time i was looking at the counter and it was saying 67 laps and i was like.,..... :? :? Damn i will not make it , came 10 laps to short so tried to see if a 38 final stint would work but i couldnt load more then 33 laps i think in other words i had to adapt my strategie to 2 short stints of 18 laps to make it to the finish. So in the end it actualy costed me a place, still 3th but wrong decision to try this. I actualy figured out if i would go for 1 stop and couldt get in front of Craig at the start i might be able to hold him off as my topspeed was 10kmh higher, so mayby that would pay off knowing that most likely he was on a 2 stop strategie. But ofcourse i had a poor start this time and just barely managed to hold 2nd place. Still an interesting race and happy to finish the race without car damage. :mrgreen:

And to Natoxx, if you can do 16s on a 1 stopper with worn tyres you realy should try to do a 2 stopper next time and challenge Craig for a win. Because that where impressive times actualy. :wink:

And ofcourse congrats to Craig for another win,.... who is gonna stop him? :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

I think that I hace a good strategy here, but with lot of risk.

Until my pitstop, my pace where regulary and try to maintain the wear of my tyres with a constant driving. When I arrive, the tyres where near to explote :?
After, my pace was similar, but Mark begin to be quicker than me and try to drive to limit. My pace was 0,2 - 0,7 second lower and I have similar pace to Mark, but about on lap 61 my car begin to be more inestable. The wear tyres get me in trouble and only want to drive on the way, but 2 secons lower. If the race would have more laps, sure that my car didn't arrive second. :roll:

I tried with two pitstops, but they seemed that I gain little seconds more with one pitstop (but risking my tyres) so I think that Craig is untouchable now... :D
Bully
Favorite team: Renault F1 Team
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Bully »

Well, a fantastic race for me. I didn`t have much time for trainning, so I didn`t expect this result. My target was just finish this race. At the end I got 4th place, much more than I expected. Is my 3rd race and I`m learning. I`ve many things to improve but I think I´m on the right way. Strategy was a complete disaster and I finished the race with fuel for 6 more laps :oops: . Anyway, I`m :D .

Congrats to Craig, Natxo and Mark. And Piotr for finish. Best luck for the rest in the next race. :wink:
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

My race was quite uneventful really.

I was surprised to pull away so fast during the early laps, but then I realised that both Mark and NatxoCC were on very different strategies. After the first pit stops the pace seemed to settle down and it was much harder to pull away from Mark (once he had switched to a 2 stopper). Towards the end of the race I started to worry about brakes failing but luckily that never happened.

I actually feel like the win was quite lucky as well - Mark had very good pace when he switched to a 2 stopper, and NatxoCC did a 1.16.2 towards the end of his stint on a 1 stop strategy. That is very impressive.

I'm very happy with the win, but I'm sure it would've been a hell of a lot more difficult if others were on 2 stop strategies from the start.

Well done to everyone who finished, and thank you to Bilbo for letting us use the NA server. :)
ForthRight
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

TheBear wrote:Sorry I hit you Sojda. I lost control a bit under braking when you were to the side of me and my car turned into yours. I hope it didn't damage you.
No problem :) After this contact I have spin in turn 2 and hit wall, then I have suspension problem (car go to left) and must go to pit stop.
I hope have fun whit Neo and Mr.G but they're go out on lap 9 :( After this have lonely race :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM