NA 2010 British GP race reports

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA 2010 British GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

The race has been switched to 50% length (26 laps) with 1 mandatory pit stop, due to lack of participation.

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ritain.zip (4.3MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Congrats to SteveB for the win and thanks to all who participated.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: NA 2010 British GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

My race was pretty bad, I made a lot of mistakes and had major brain farts (due in some parts to not practicing much lately and going to a 6-hour extreme metal show last night (8 bands, the main feature being The Agonist, you can still see the ad for the show ("Domination 2010") down their MySpace page).

There was no way I could keep up with SteveB or Rich but I had some fun with Carl until we touched. Sorry about this Carl, I was not seeing you in my mirrors and I thought you were farther away behind me. Soon after that, I had my planned pit stop and then an unplanned stop again soon after for wings (did I say brain fart?).

Overall, I could probably have done better if I had put in the effort (almost had the fastest lap and got the best theorical fast lap) in my preparation but I did not and I'm happy this is over. Congrats to SteveB and Rich for the win and podium.

Now bring on Hockenheim!
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NA 2010 British GP race reports

Post by SteveB »

Thank you Bilbo :)

I was sad that there wasn't more drivers on the grid for this one. :(

I only did about 10 to 15 laps of practice for this race and wasn't expecting much because I didn't really have
a setup so I picked an old one and stuck with it.
My qualy was good (lower fuel) got pole to my surprise.

I am pretty sure my start was clean and maintained P1 through corner one with Rich sniffing my exaust.
After a few laps I was able to open up a small gap but Rich was very hard to shake off. With about 3 laps before our manditory pit stop
I had a brain fart entering the last corner and Rich passed me. I stayed as close as I could because I was pretty sure we were going to pit together
and that is exactly what happened.
I saw Rich slam his brakes entering the pits and had a feeling he got a drive through penalty, what I didn't expect was to get a drive through myself.
We both came to serve our penalties together but I saw Rich going to his pit box and he actually got a stop/go penalty and only I got the drive through
which gave me back the lead and I didn't look back by the end I opened up a 20 second lead figuring Rich gave up the fight considering there were only
4 of us on track.
Not as exciting as it should have been but a win is a win and I will take it :)

Sorry to Carl who didn't finish (don't know what happened)

WELL DONE GUYS !!!!

C U in GERMANY :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN