dutch power
NAR administrator

Re: Euro Silverstone 2010

Post by dutch power »

Ah ok didnt even noticed thought it was at 100 lol :mrgreen:

Anyway fact is these cars somehow damages verry easily it seems. :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The LEAGUE STATS have been updated with the official results, worked out to 1/1000th of a second.

Here's the summary:

Code: Select all

1 Craig Cookson  1:17:16.204 (48 laps)
2 NatxoCC        +0:50.868
3 Murat Ozsarac  +1 lap
4 Mark Aalberts  +1 lap
5 The Bear       +1 laps
6 Piotr Sojda    +2 laps
7 Neo            +2 laps
8 Jools          DNF
9 kalimero       DNF
By FIA rule, the results at the end of lap 48 were taken as the race was interrupted during lap 50. Here's the rule, for reference:
formula1.com wrote:42.8 If the race cannot be resumed the results will be taken at the end of the penultimate lap before the lap during which the signal to suspend the race was given.
There's no plan to update the rF-reports with the official results (not much difference anyways).
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Bilbo wrote:The damage has been at 60% for years now... :roll:
how long is a string?

i too agree, that 60% means nothing its just a relative number. This mod seems to be a lot more sensitive overall, i wouldn't mind a change
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

10% :]
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Bilbo wrote:The damage has been at 60% for years now... :roll:
I do understand that, and again i'm not really asking for a change, I just think some of the car problems you end up with after the slightest contact isn't very realistic - maybe this mod is more sensitive or something. Plus recent races have seen a smaller turn out in drivers - i'm not saying it is connected (I don't think it is), but maybe people get turned off if they do lots of practice and end up out of the race or badly damaged due to a very small incident.

I'm not saying we should lower it to 10% and drive like touring cars... i couldn't really suggest a specific number that would be best.
ForthRight
carrera

Post by carrera »

hi all,
I'll have to agree as well.I barely touched carl macdonald one race and the rear suspension was done.No use racing after that.
If it happens early in the race then its no fun trying to drive for another hour with the car all wonky.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

My suggestion is atleast to try a lower figure then lets lower it with 10% and see how it goes. If it stays bad we might can lower it more, atleast we can give it a try if all agree ofcourse.
One thing is for sure, when my car behaves like it did at silverstone i will hit ESC, done driving wonky cars lol happend me twice and if i have a big hit i can live with it but not with marginal incidents when youre car is completely crocket. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)