Disconnection with 2 laps to go.

lol
ForthRight
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: Euro Silverstone 2010

Post by Racer »

yeaa me to, got disconected, damn

i must say this is the first time i realy injoy this Mod, must be the trackis good ghahaha,
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

Me too. Connection lost for 2 laps to go.
Was second with 4x seconds from third :roll:
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

Me too :D

This is 45 or 47 lap I don't know. What about final Results ??
Last edited by Peter Sojda on 18 Jul 2010, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Same happened to me :evil:
Born to race, race to die
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

looks like server problems, as far i now from Jools all was disconected
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Seems like everyone got disconected i guess, me to.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Murat Ozsarac

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

So then what will be the results? And i hope server could save da replay.
Jools
Favorite team: Williams

Post by Jools »

The server dropped everyone for reasons unknown.

I have the logs and replay files and have sent Bilbo the link to download them. The race result will be up soon and looking at the rules on server failures the amount of race completed means that full points will be awarded.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Well about the race, not much to say. Because of last time the mess i made i decided to give myself a penalty and start from last position . Took it easy and got underway, got into some nice fights with a couple of drivers. Then my first stop i made a mistake, i touched the wall at the exit of the pit damaging my left rear suspension. After that my left rear tyre was heating up like crazy! and i was also having my steering column out center like / so that wasnt a plesure to drive for 34 laps. Realy difficult to keep the car on track and ofcourse i couldnt hold my place as my times where dropping and others could catch up. I decided to let Murat go, didnt wanted to risk a spin or crash as i was already having big troubles just to keep the car in line. Anyway then few laps to go got disconected and i was like o yeah thats nice haha a disco at top of all the shit that happend today. Anway seems like that was a server failure wich struck everyone so i take it that the final results will count with the last lap we where on track.

Grats to Craig. :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ritain.zip (14.9MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

NOTE: The stats are from the server log files, as-is. Please consider these results as provisional/unofficial until they are confirmed by watching the replay. It's possible that some adjustments will be needed to the number of completed laps, intervals and even positions (if there has been passing in the last lap).
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

I thought my DC was a bit strange, because when I got the 'connection lost' message the lights on my router were still on (normally one of them goes out). I'm glad it wasn't my connection this time - I was still pushing hard at the end because I know my connection can die at any time, so I just wanted to get the race done as fast as possible.

My race was quite smooth from start to finish, however I did have a nice battle with NatxoCC at one point. We had slight contact in the new slow right hander and this caused my steering to go a tiny bit off-centre. It wasn't really bad though.

I'm really pleased to have won my home grand prix, assuming the results stand. :-)

Congrats to NatxoCC for an impressive second place, and well done to everyone else who finished!
ForthRight
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

Only 9 drivers but this is one of my most interesting race :) Ha ve nice fight whit Kalimero , Jools and Neo. On my first stop I have stop/go penalty :twisted:
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Murat Ozsarac

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

dutch power wrote:I decided to let Murat go, didnt wanted to risk a spin or crash as i was already having big troubles just to keep the car in line.
Till u left the pit lane to this point I was thinking u changed ur strategy to 1 stopper with a long 2nd stint and thought u were driving full tank. Cause u were quite quicker at the 1st stint. Decided to push like hell in case not be be overtaken after my 2nd pit, was surely risky but somehow worked out.

Hope to see more drivers on grid for the next GP's.
pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

The race was... A DISSASTER, AGAIN!!
I don't know what to do. I have only finished 4 races, 2 of them wit car dammaged. The others races, sometimes I crashed to avoid crash to anyone because they lost control in front of me, or somebody damaged my car.
Only in Monaco it was my fault, and I decided not to qualy after 2 or 3 races to avoid to finish race in first lap, or to avoid have a damaged car in first lap, ...but I can't finish any race again!!! :x
I don't know what I will do in future, I'm a little dissaponted. :?
In this race, my car was very difficult to drive, I suppose one of the tyres was wrong, after someone touched my car, and after a couple of uncontroled situations, I decided to finish race. :(
I think we would have to change dammages setup, you can see that few drivers finished the race. That's not funny. It is normnal to be unlucky one, two or three races, but... too many races for me!!!
I know anybody want do anything wrong, it´t only unlucky, but I decided to explain that in case I will not race anymore, because all you must know why.

Best luck to everybody!!

Kalimero
Murat Ozsarac

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

pccmikasa wrote: and I decided not to qualy after 2 or 3 races to avoid to finish race in first lap, or to avoid have a damaged car in first lap, ...but I can't finish any race again!!! :x
I don't know what I will do in future,
In my opininon, these kind of negative thinkings bring nothing more than negative results. It's just inescapable. Solution of your problem is very easy, just take a look at your race results of the season's 1st 2 races in which you participated Qualify --> 2 podium. It ain't that bad, is it? I don't think you had negative ideas (e.g. someone would hit u at start etc.) in those races so u made a hotlap in Q, started races in front and got podiums after races.

If I were u, i would have changed my mentality before thinking of damage setting or luck excuses cause you are creating your own unluckiness.

PS: Forgive me if i'm too direct with my comments but this is the way I can describe myself best.
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Murat Ozsarac wrote:
pccmikasa wrote: and I decided not to qualy after 2 or 3 races to avoid to finish race in first lap, or to avoid have a damaged car in first lap, ...but I can't finish any race again!!! :x
I don't know what I will do in future,
In my opininon, these kind of negative thinkings bring nothing more than negative results. It's just inescapable. Solution of your problem is very easy, just take a look at your race results of the season's 1st 2 races in which you participated Qualify --> 2 podium. It ain't that bad, is it? I don't think you had negative ideas (e.g. someone would hit u at start etc.) in those races so u made a hotlap in Q, started races in front and got podiums after races.

If I were u, i would have changed my mentality before thinking of damage setting or luck excuses cause you are creating your own unluckiness.

PS: Forgive me if i'm too direct with my comments but this is the way I can describe myself best.
I agree, I don't think starting at the back is the way to avoid accidents at the start - contact can happen from anywhere. Plus Kalimaro has very good pace so he would probably be near the front.

I do agree with him about the damage setting though - it would be nice if it was slightly more forgiving, maybe lowering the damage sensitivity a little bit would be good for the league. For example in Silverstone I had the very lightest contact with NatxoCC, I barely even felt it, but it caused my steering to go off-centre. I don't think that would happen in real F1, or at least you'd have to be extremely unlucky.

I'm not asking for the setting to be changed, I just think it might help a bit if it was.
ForthRight
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

I think that decrease a little the sensivity of damage would be fine.
As Craig said, we have a lightest (very very lightest) contact. In real F1 sure nothing happens but here I drive lot of laps with steering rotate.
Really, the car was not damage, because after PIT I didn't have penalty of time to repair, but when I left PIT the car was going well. Probably only the tyre where affected, but I think that this smallest touch can't damage the car as it did.

I vote to decrease a little the sentivity of damage that very small touch don't affect as they do now. :D
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I totaly agree with damage multiplier, i had a light brush against the wall in pit exit and it totaly messed up my car. I think it could be good for everyone if the damage is a bit more forgiving. So i would be definalty in favour off lowering the damage multiplyer to something like 70% mayby.?
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The damage has been at 60% for years now... :roll:
2010 NA div. Admin