Euro Valencia GP 2010

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Coffeemachine

Re: Euro Valencia GP 2010

Post by Coffeemachine »

haha lots of action. i updated my earlier post!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

well this year i have not realy fun with the Mod, dont have time to practice, and this Mod ask allot atention, atleast for me, lol :)
from the beginning i was hoping we wait or use another Mod, but we cannot have all what we want, so........ :(
lets hope for next year we get a Mod i can drive ghehehe, :?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

For the spectating race directors proposition, figuring that we cannot even get a full grid of drivers (at race time when it counts) and that the last time we had a call for admins, nobody other than last season's admins raised their hand (and at least one did it out of desperation at the situation), good luck with that! :roll:
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Duct 4 , Bias 54-46, presure 95% however i probably have a different braking technique i think, also aplying engine braking so dunno and im never on 100% brake either with the pedals. My braking is mostly like 100% brake travel and after that i release it to control the tyres to not lock up, sometimes they do though but i dont realy mind, thats just my style im having a understeery style of racing always had. When i shared my setup last weekend someone said dont know who it was that it drove like a tank, yes indeed thats true because its understeery and if you are not use to it especialy with braking it will be pretty though to drive with it.

ABout the incident, might was caused by low wings dunno i still believe a car doing +200kmh will not loose its rear end like that, and thats just my opinion. But case closed now for me up to the next race.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

dutch power wrote:ABout the incident, might was caused by low wings dunno i still believe a car doing +200kmh will not loose its rear end like that, and thats just my opinion.
For a car by itself, you are absolutely right. But wings need a CLEAN flow of air to actually work "as designed" and you don't get that when in the draft with these cars (an effect similar, if not the same, to wake turbulence for airplanes). That's probably the thing F1 drivers have been complaining about the most in the last few years. Now, if the effect is overdone or not in this mod, is kinda hard to tell without the knowledge of a real modern F1 driver.
2010 NA div. Admin
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Got a few words to say about the accident last sunday. After watching the replay of 1st race, what i saw was the reason of Mark's car's lost rear was nothing but lag (or maybe a graphic problem which sometimes happens to me also). The dirty air in turbulence surely reduces the downforce but that don't have the ability to cause a car's rear lose. Although I'm always against to race restarts, I do believe what Mark did was correct cause so many drivers were affected by that lag and their race would end for nothing.

Some more words about brake failures: I think not only brake pressure and bias decides if brakes will last or not. Another very very important stuff about that is brake disc size. Had 78% pressure - 57:43 bias - 4 Duct - 2.8 cm disc size with np in Canada, 78% pressure - 55:45 bias - 3 Duct - 2.6 cm disc size failed after 53 laps in Valencia
Born to race, race to die
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Murat Ozsarac wrote:The dirty air in turbulence surely reduces the downforce but that don't have the ability to cause a car's rear lose.
Loss of downforce in a turn + (normal) throttle = possible spin. That cost me a wing in Turkey... :oops:
Another very very important stuff about that is brake disc size.
I'd be curious to know how much time can be gained by using the smaller discs. I have always used as big as I could as I could never tell the difference with my poor driving.
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

OK i have been analysing my replay to see what went wrong and i noticed something realy realy weird lol, At the moment that Kaffe crossed my path my revs go from 17000 to 16000 from instance so from instance it drops with 1000rpm mayby that caused a little moment of lost of grip on the rear tyres. At that point i was still aplying full trottle, i released the trottle after that when i felt i was loosing grip when you release trottle there is a graduate drop of RPM and not from instance 17k to 16k. But it stays weird, from on to another moment there is a 1000rpm drop from nowhere. :? Not sure wheter it was a lag moment or something i actualy think it was not lag at that point yet because all cars where clear to me also in replay, i did notice lag on my replay but after the crash there a was some lag actualy some cars making a jump. Mayby many drivers coliding had a big impact on server causing a lag moment could be.

Still the instance 1000rpm lost is realy realy weird and i think that caused that small moment of lost of grip on the rear tyres being still full trottle in dirty air caused to loose the rear end it seems.

ANd to come back at my +200kmh story, at the moment i lost grip i was doing 250km/h :mrgreen:
Last edited by dutch power on 29 Jun 2010, 21:39, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

About disc size, always use thickest size i think i said this earlyer this season and i dont understand why people try to run smaller disc. THere is no difference between 2.4 or 2.6 disc size. Duct does matter instead not much but all small things help ofcourse. ANyway im always using thickest size so you know. :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

dutch power wrote:OK i have been analysing my replay to see what went wrong and i noticed something realy realy weird lol, At the moment that Kaffe crossed my path my revs go from 17000 to 16000 from instance so from instance it drops with 1000rpm mayby that caused a little moment of lost of grip on the rear tyres. At that point i was still aplying full trottle, i released the trottle after that when i felt i was loosing grip when you release trottle there is a graduate drop of RPM and not from instance 17k to 16k. But it stays weird, from on to another moment there is a 1000rpm drop from nowhere. :? Not sure wheter it was a lag moment or something, i did notice lag on my replay but that was after the crash actualy. Mayby many drivers coliding had a big impact on server causing a lag moment could be. Still the instance 1000rpm lost is realy realy weird and i think that caused that small moment of lost of grip on rear tyres being still full trottle in dirty air caused to loose the rear end it seems.

ANd to come back at my +200kmh story, at the moment i lost grip i was doing 250km/h :mrgreen:
Im thinking delay and contact, ill check my replay right away!

tight game tonight, portugal really made spain work for it!
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

No kaffe there was no contact at all, i was side you and when the corner came you took the apex and crossed my path. My turn might be little sharper though as i was more towards inside, but still i think the problem is the 1000rpm drop that caused the lost of grip on rear tyres and not the dirty air. Im prepared to make a bet and do 10 starts the same way im pretty confident it will not happen again unless if i get the 1000rpm lost ofcourse. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

I think i know what happened! i think its the track. ill do some screenshots, update shortly

it happens EXACTLY when you cross the joint in the asfalt, i suspect it might not be a coincidense - probalby a glitch, maby in the track surface? which leads to the INI doing someting

ok im not so sure about that anymore, could it be a small local crack in the surface?

oh, and i never noticed craig lost his front wing against me in the last corner that first lap :) i just thought he did a alien brake move and i closed the door too hashly :) . doh! :)
Attachments
15700rpm.JPG
(274.21 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
16700rpm.JPG
(273.15 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Last edited by Coffeemachine on 29 Jun 2010, 22:03, edited 4 times in total.
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Bilbo wrote:I'd be curious to know how much time can be gained by using the smaller discs.
I'm also not sure how much quicker u can be with smaller discs but it helps shorten ur total braking distance (maybe 1 cm. :mrgreen: ) just like what lower Engine Brake Map does. So it's a good setup thing when ur attacking or defending ur position aggressively late braking.
Born to race, race to die
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Kaffe the only thing i can image that its the moment that tyres lost grip and get grip, thats the only thing i can image. I have been looking more to my replay now and i actualy think i lost the grip because there was a small moment i lifted trottle after i shifted to 5th gear, i lifted cuz you where in front and imo its a bad idea to lift in a bend like that, there will be a weight transfer so yeah its possible to loose the grip i guess. Still happend in a split second and before you realize you are in the wall lol.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

dutch power wrote:Kaffe the only thing i can image that its the moment that tyres lost grip and get grip, thats the only thing i can image. I have been looking more to my replay now and i actualy think i lost the grip because there was a small moment i lifted trottle after i shifted to 5th gear, i lifted cuz you where in front and imo its a bad idea to lift in a bend like that, there will be a weight transfer so yeah its possible to loose the grip i guess. Still happend in a split second and before you realize you are in the wall lol.
oh i guess your right, too bad you had so fast reflexes it looked like an over correction :)