NAR Euro Race Montreal

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NAR Euro Race Montreal

Post by TheBear »

By the way Murat, thanks for letting me through after you missed that chicane :)
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

TheBear wrote:By the way Murat, thanks for letting me through after you missed that chicane :)
Ur welcome mate, l would surely do it cause I ain't no M Schumacher lol
Born to race, race to die
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I dont see why the rule should be changed to be honest, just because its in real doesnt mean it has to be here. In most leagues i have been involved are all using the exact same rules where curb is part of track, changing it only causes more work because of checking. Now its same for everyone and with these years car you dont want to use to much curb anyway as it makes the car pretty unstable.

About parc ferme, i actualy think last race the settings where set wrong. As soon as you go out the first time a setup should be locked wich is not the case right now, so thats something that should be looked into. A driver that decides to start from the back without setting a lap has the right to do with his set in the mean time that he wants to do, unless he has gone onto track in Q ofcourse again setup should be locked in that case.

About changing settings for Q, well imo boost setting is again non valid because if you had done some testing you would have noticed that it is posbile to drive the race with boost10 - 180000rpm as long as you set ur rad settings right ofcourse. :mrgreen:

I think there was something wron in the settings, as soon as you go out a setup should be locked.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Jools
Favorite team: Williams

Post by Jools »

dutch power wrote:I dont see why the rule should be changed to be honest, just because its in real doesnt mean it has to be here. In most leagues i have been involved are all using the exact same rules where curb is part of track, changing it only causes more work because of checking. Now its same for everyone and with these years car you dont want to use to much curb anyway as it makes the car pretty unstable.

About parc ferme, i actualy think last race the settings where set wrong. As soon as you go out the first time a setup should be locked wich is not the case right now, so thats something that should be looked into. A driver that decides to start from the back without setting a lap has the right to do with his set in the mean time that he wants to do, unless he has gone onto track in Q ofcourse again setup should be locked in that case.

About changing settings for Q, well imo boost setting is again non valid because if you had done some testing you would have noticed that it is posbile to drive the race with boost10 - 180000rpm as long as you set ur rad settings right ofcourse. :mrgreen:

I think there was something wron in the settings, as soon as you go out a setup should be locked.
I agree, the rule is known by us all so we are all aware of what is and isn't allowed so far as using track/kerbs.

Regarding parc ferme the settings are as they have always been and are identical to the NA server still. I don't think setup will lock until you complete a timed lap. Once a timed lap is done in qualifying you should notice that you can no longer adjust fuel which means you are now under parc ferme.

I always thought that you could adjust boost during the race and it was not included in the parc ferme settings. I shall check this as I have boost set to 2 keys on my wheel.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

I can only talk for myself, i start from the rear solely to have a more exciting race and to look cool in jools' videos (mainly the latter :):) ) - and at no point do i change any settings during the race. :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

First, about the parc ferme and when the setups get locked, I can confirm that it is only getting locked AFTER you have COMPLETED a TIMED lap. That was tested extensively before we decided to go with it. That's just how the game works (unfortunately) and there's no more settings than what we currently use (AFAIK).

As for the track-cutting rule, it was also done like it is to bring it in line with what most other leagues use, as Mark said. That was done as part of the effort to ease the recruitment of new members, which is a relatively permanent problem. But the rule is the same for everyone and it is up to you to take advantage of it. That said, even if we switched the rule some years ago, I still often find myself unconsciously trying to drive to the old NAR standard of "4-wheels-on-the-track"... :roll: :oops:

Murat (and others too): it's okay to have these discussions as long as they're done with respect (as is the case so far). I (and other admins) have no problem with that and, personally, I actually like that as long as it's properly argumented. You don't have to agree with everything but, understand that most of our rules are there for a reason and have evolved over time to get to their current state. We can sure make errors, going too far or not enough, but we've also been around for longer than many other leagues (even if the going gets tougher sometimes). Still, it's always good to take the time to review and evaluate the situation and I thank you for the opportunity.

Finally, I think this discussion and/or comments about the rules should be continued in the "NAR 2010 Season - Discussion" thread as the subject does not have that much to do specifically with the original topic of this thread which was about the Montreal race.
2010 NA div. Admin