NAR Euro Race Montreal

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
dutch power
NAR administrator

NAR Euro Race Montreal

Post by dutch power »

Wel wel wel, Kaffe why are you braking on the grass :roll:

Not much to say, screwed up the qualy so had to start in the backfield, made up some positions and then at the hairpin im gettin smashed in the rear end suspension gone and engine stall to. Race only lasted half a lap wich is a real shame as this is a track i realy like and could have done well.

Grats to the winner whoever that may be.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Coffeemachine

Re: NAR Euro Race Montreal

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah, i forgt if it was black or green you are supposed to be on!

jokes aside, reaaally sorry about that dutch, i destroyed a great race for you! doh doh, too bad you stalled it cause the drive through the field was great, i was 4th with 15ish secs up to 2nd place after 35 laps when my brakes failed

duct 4, and they lasted 34 laps :P geez :) my 2nd brake failiure in a row in canada, heh. wings 14 12 was a tad little i think, now we know we have to be careful at monza.

sry again, not sure what i was doing :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Not a great race :(

running in 4th then rear brakes fail :( scary as i was right behind murat down the long straight managed to miss him phew :!: :!:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

G! 1 more lap completed and you'd have been classified... assuming you have the 90% completed = classified for points rule.

Anyway I got poor start, poor opening laps and dropped to 8th.. started making may way back through the field and then lap 4 I did a Kobayshi over the final chicane into the wall of champions. Tried to get going again down the start finish straight but my steering was broken, think steering column gone or something.

Well done to craig for another fine win and well done Rob on his first points!

Also I think only two cars had brakes left by the end and that didn't include the winner craig :)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

No Problem Kaffe, shit happens lol I probably would not have finished anyway, as you say after 34 laps no brakes with Duct 4 i was on 4 to lol and with my braking i probably would have killed the brakes earleyer then you did. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf

Post by TheBear »

I was running in a comfortable 2nd when my brakes failed on lap 53. Unlike Craig I can't drive without any brakes, maybe I should practice this. It is very disappointing but on the bright side my pace has improved a bit since I got the new wheel.
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

This was a crazy race for me.

It started fine from pole - I managed to pull out a nice gap to second place and continued to pull away up until my second pit stop, however after my second pit stop it all went wrong.

My brakes failed on lap 54 and this caused me to run off at turn one and crash into the barriers where I lost my front wing. At this point I thought my race was over, but I still tried to make it back to the pits for a new front wing - there were only about 4 cars still running so I knew if i finished i'd get some points.
I got a new front wing and then tried to readjust my driving to cope with the lack of brakes. I made a few mistakes (going very deep into the hairpin etc) but it was working okay - I still had a tiny bit of braking left which allowed me to get the nose of the car into corners at low speed. Unfortunately on lap 61 my brakes disappeared completely and I had to rely solely on engine braking to slow me down. This was a lot more difficult and I had to start downshifting very early for every corner to try to stop running off the track.

Luckily when my brakes first went to hell I had over a one minute gap to second place - this was enough to keep me in first place until the end.

A lot of people had braking problems here despite running conservative settings - I was using 95% pressure and 4 duct (more than any other race this year) and they still failed with 16 laps to go - I couldn't believe it. We'll have to remember this for Monza and be even more careful.

I'm very happy with this win as it was so difficult to drive the car in the end. I'd like to congratulate Murat for finishing second and getting his first points in NAR, and well done to Peter for getting on the podium. :) Also I have to say I was very impressed with Bully - he only just joined the league today but showed good pace and consistency.
Last edited by Craig Cookson on 13 Jun 2010, 22:26, edited 2 times in total.
ForthRight
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

TheBear wrote:I was running in a comfortable 2nd when my brakes failed on lap 53. Unlike Craig I can't drive without any brakes, maybe I should practice this. It is very disappointing but on the bright side my pace has improved a bit since I got the new wheel.
I feel sorry for you Bear as you did very well in this race and almost made it to the end - hopefully you'll still be classified and get some points.

You've definitely improved with your new wheel, so I hope that continues for you in the next races as you get more used to it.
ForthRight
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Well done guys :)
These brake failures have me worried
now.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Craig Cookson wrote:A lot of people had braking problems here despite running conservative settings - I was using 95% pressure and 4 duct
I wouldn't call 95% pressure "conservative"... :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Bilbo wrote:
Craig Cookson wrote:A lot of people had braking problems here despite running conservative settings - I was using 95% pressure and 4 duct
I wouldn't call 95% pressure "conservative"... :wink:
I suppose not, but it has worked in every race so far. In fact in some races i think I've used 2 duct and 98% pressure without problems. :?
ForthRight
Bully
Favorite team: Renault F1 Team

Post by Bully »

Before posting, sorry for my english. I`ll try explaining myself as well as posible... :oops:

My first race with 100% lenght. Has been very very long for me and i was really tired at the end. Too long, maybe. I`ve start very carefully because i didn´t want to provocate an accident in my first race with you all. Lap by lap, i`ve take my rithm and keep it. I wasn´t very fast but i turn with consistance. Many people went out and i found myself 3rd at the end of the race. I couldn´t believe it!!!. First race and get a podium!!!. When i was sure that i`ll finish in that place... Engine!! :shock: . A little bit dissapointed by this... :( . Maybe next...

Thnx all for the oportunity to race in this league. It was funny. I would like to repeat if possible.

So, am i classified at last?.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Canada.zip (15.7MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

I drive like a pussy :lol: I must work hard on my race setup because from race to race I have the same problem - after 10 laps my car is swimming in every turn :( I can't keep good pace.

Congratz for Craig, and wish better luck in next race for "BrakeBreakers" :lol:
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf

Post by TheBear »

Great first drive Bully, well done. You were classified in 4th because you completed over 90% race distance.
Jools
Favorite team: Williams

Post by Jools »

Hi all

As the reports server is currently not showing reports here is Canada Euro report on my server
http://hjf1.gavinkelly.co.uk/nar/report ... 30610.html
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Craig Cookson wrote: I'm very happy with this win as it was so difficult to drive the car in the end. I'd like to congratulate Murat for finishing second and getting his first points in NAR,
There's nothing to say ur driving when ur brakes are ok but i must say no1 cuda done what u did 15-20 laps at the end, l was thinking u were just slowing down controlling the race, very very well done. And yeah, i'm also glad being the best of the rest in this race and also with my first points and podium in this league but l do believe i wuda done it in Monaco if pc did not crash there. I'm very sorry for The Bear for his brake failure since he definitely deserved to be the 2nd but happy with the Bully's performance at his only 1st race.

Another issue l wanna say is about 2 ethic rules.

1- What l saw in Monaco and here is, some drivers don't make hotlaps in Q and gain advantage being able to change Engine Boost and some more stuff in race. If things are gonna go on this way then what is the meaning of parc ferme?

2- As u all know, in real racing (not only in F1), 2 wheels rule working different than here. Curbs are not considered as a part of track. If this is a simulation league, why are things not this way as in real? (This is an acceptable case but l just wanted to say l'm not happy with this sharing u)
Born to race, race to die
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Peter Sojda wrote:I drive like a pussy :lol: I must work hard on my race setup because from race to race I have the same problem - after 10 laps my car is swimming in every turn :( I can't keep good pace.

Congratz for Craig, and wish better luck in next race for "BrakeBreakers" :lol:
Peter Pussyyyyyy :lol:
loooool yea i saw u in my mirrors Peter, u where swimming with the rear and,
well i was watching behind and kiss the wall, ghahahah

good luck to all next Race, 8)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Murat Ozsarac wrote:1- What l saw in Monaco and here is, some drivers don't make hotlaps in Q and gain advantage being able to change Engine Boost and some more stuff in race. If things are gonna go on this way then what is the meaning of parc ferme?
The spirit of the parc ferme rule was to save people from having to make 2 different setups for every race. Yet, if drivers prefer to cheat their way out of it, it can be re-evaluated. At best, they're trading track positions at the start for some race advantage, so it's not totally free.
2- As u all know, in real racing (not only in F1), 2 wheels rule working different than here. Curbs are not considered as a part of track. If this is a simulation league, why are things not this way as in real? (This is an acceptable case but l just wanted to say l'm not happy with this sharing u)
Our track cutting/wide exit rules are worded differently than the FIA's but still are very close to the usual, de facto, FIA tolerance levels. Rather than make a rule and not enforcing it (except mostly at Monaco chicanes), we've made both our rule and tolerance level clear (hopefully). We could use the strict FIA rules as-is but then, you'd have to bribe me to not penalize you every time you put a wheel outside the side lines. Your choice. (Please, cash only, no checks, no credit). :wink:

As yet another example of the FIA tolerance levels, Michael Schumacher has cut the pit chicane at Montreal (i.e. at the "wall of champions") all weekend long (as he has always done in the past too) and what did the FIA do? Nothing at all, not even a gentle warning (and please, don't go so low as to tell me that it was judged as "for safety reasons"). I could go on and on but there's really no point. Our rule, as lax as it appears, is usually close or stricter than what the FIA (generally) allows by not enforcing its stricter-sounding rules.

But if you're talking about changing this rule, I'd be in favor of going back to the old NAR standard of "4-wheels-on-track" at all time. :twisted:
2010 NA div. Admin
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Thanks for ur well described reply pal.
Bilbo wrote:
Murat Ozsarac wrote:At best, they're trading track positions at the start for some race advantage, so it's not totally free.
Our track cutting/wide exit rules are worded differently than the FIA's but still are very close to the usual
As yet another example of the FIA tolerance levels, Michael Schumacher has cut the pit chicane at Montreal (i.e. at the "wall of champions") all weekend long (as he has always done in the past too) and what did the FIA do? Nothing at all

But if you're talking about changing this rule, I'd be in favor of going back to the old NAR standard of "4-wheels-on-track" at all time. :twisted:
Well... The ones who dont make a hotlap in Q, surely gain a huge advantage, cause starting in front or at the back don't make such a big difference in a race that only 11-12 people join. Hence that makes Q session useless and maybe needless.

That's true. Mistakes and shits happen anytime. All I prefer to change in this rule is the curbs not to be considered as part of track and 2 wheels on track at all time in standard racing line. (But like i said before this case is still acceptable unlike case 1).

All in all sorry for thinking about these negative stuff but l do it not to be negative on track and dont want anyone to be. (Maybe I'm a bit too perfectionalist :P )
Born to race, race to die