Canada GP time conflict

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren
Are you a spam bot?: No

Canada GP time conflict

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Just a reminder, our race and real F1 race will big probly be at the same time next week. We gonna miss real F1 or what we gonna do?
Born to race, race to die
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: Canada GP time conflict

Post by Racer »

Murat Ozsarac wrote:Just a reminder, our race and real F1 race will big probly be at the same time next week. We gonna miss real F1 or what we gonna do?
i donno what time the real race will be, but maybe we can do our Race right after ReaL F1, :)
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

The real F1 race starts 2 hours before the NAR Euro race, so it will be finished in time. Might be better to delay NAR race by half an hour or so just to have a bit of time in between.
ForthRight
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

I think we should run the race earlier, so that we miss all of the real gp!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Jools
Favorite team: Williams

Post by Jools »

I think we should put coffeemachine in a washing machine and stick it on spin cycle :)

But you shouldn't always listen to what people think :twisted:
CarlMcDonald
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by CarlMcDonald »

I always download the BBC feed after the race hehe hehe.. I cant stand Pierre Houde and the other guy. :lol:
...When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him.
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Craig Cookson wrote:Might be better to delay NAR race by half an hour or so just to have a bit of time in between.
Agree u pal cos we will be cold if we start the nar race just after the real race, need sum time to warm as u said.
Born to race, race to die
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Yeah i think to race can start little bit later, i think we always did this in the past moving it with like 30 mins.

Also i would like to put up another discusion, cant we make the Q a bit shorter to something like 15 minutes. I think thats long enough for 6 laps right? I mean mostly during q people start to ask those who have laps left if they are ready or not lol. If we make q 15 minutes then its quicker done and we dont have to wait so long hehe, 30 mins is to long i think.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Why don't you guys run your QUALY SESSION before the REAL CANADIAN GP.

Then when the real F1 race is over all you have to do is start from your 10 minute warm up session
during this time Ingo or "G" can edit the grid.

Just a suggestion.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Steve B wrote:Why don't you guys run your QUALY SESSION before the REAL CANADIAN GP.

Then when the real F1 race is over all you have to do is start from your 10 minute warm up session
during this time Ingo or "G" can edit the grid.

Just a suggestion.
parc ferme..
plus, it sounds a bit complicated :)
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:Also i would like to put up another discusion, cant we make the Q a bit shorter to something like 15 minutes. I think thats long enough for 6 laps right? I mean mostly during q people start to ask those who have laps left if they are ready or not lol. If we make q 15 minutes then its quicker done and we dont have to wait so long hehe, 30 mins is to long i think.
I completely agree.
ForthRight
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Craig Cookson wrote:
dutch power wrote:Also i would like to put up another discusion, cant we make the Q a bit shorter to something like 15 minutes. I think thats long enough for 6 laps right? I mean mostly during q people start to ask those who have laps left if they are ready or not lol. If we make q 15 minutes then its quicker done and we dont have to wait so long hehe, 30 mins is to long i think.
I completely agree.

Good Idea Dutch, 15 maybe 20 more than enough, :)
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Ya I forgot about that dumb parc ferme
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

15 minutes could be a little short for some tracks (think of the likes of Spa & Singapore at close to 2 minutes per lap), especially if you're doing your laps in more than 1 stint, although we're generally done under 20 minutes (in NA div at least) unless someone has connection problems or such.

Just remember that the session is set for a maximum of 30 minutes but it can be switched to warmup and/or race earlier, particularly if everybody agrees beforehand to not wait too much to start doing their laps and especially for an exceptional situation like this weekend when the race is delayed a bit already.

A little communication and some goodwill from everyone always makes things go smoother... :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

i vote for 15, ive said this since we started with this format. I struggle to see the point of 30 when every race your done under 10, at which point one or two drivers for whatever reason still hasnt gone out...so everone just has to wait.

to disagree a bit with bilbo :) , your forgetting about skipping inlaps hence the maximal time is 5 laps x 2 min = 10 min. !! more than enough time!

also, it would be fun to have a "avoid traffic" factor in it all.....but im not sure i have a vote since i rarely drive in that session :)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Since 15 minutes and 20 minutes are up for discussion, I propose a session of 17 minutes and 30 seconds :)
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Fred wrote:Since 15 minutes and 20 minutes are up for discussion, I propose a session of 17 minutes and 30 seconds :)
17 minutes and 30 seconds is far to long :(

I suggest 17 minutes :D :mrgreen:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Coffeemachine wrote:to disagree a bit with bilbo :) , your forgetting about skipping inlaps hence the maximal time is 5 laps x 2 min = 10 min. !! more than enough time!
You are right. :oops: Still, my main point was that it is easier to manually switch to the next session than to extend the session you're in (which you can't, AFAIK) for some reason, like if someone has connection problems.

Back to the original subject, when is the euro div. race, finally?
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Fred wrote:Since 15 minutes and 20 minutes are up for discussion, I propose a session of 17 minutes and 30 seconds :)

WHAAAAAATT THE FUUUUUCKKKKKKK

You are so quick that mr Alien Nilson only needs 2 minutes to complete his 6 laps. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

dutch power wrote:

WHAAAAAATT THE FUUUUUCKKKKKKK

You are so quick that mr Alien Nilson only needs 2 minutes to complete his 6 laps. :mrgreen:
lets just make it track dependant so that its exactly what alien-fred needs from green lights to 2 laps, then add 2 seconds :)