Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA 2010 Turkish GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Turkey.zip (13.9MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Re: NA 2010 Turkish GP race reports

Post by Steve »

Me crashed.......ouch...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

x 2 :(
2010 NA div. Admin
coywilburn

Post by coywilburn »

got hit from behind x3
"Infinite Diversity" In "Infinite Possibilities"
Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

b4 i head to bed, I will write a short review.

Congratulations to Steve, it was a deserved victory.. Congrats to Juan to, who drove fast and I was unable to catch them.

Early part of the race, I was running fast and opening gap to 2nd place almost 6-8 tenths a lap. But 10 Laps later, my comp froze and the gap was dropped to 1.3 seconds. Then after couple more laps, my computer froze for another 1 minute and on and on. I gave up, it wasnt worth pushing, closer to the end of the race, I started to Push to my maximum, I got everything out of the car.

Overall it was a good race, but the computer is f*cked up.
F1RST3 (F1C) No aids Champion, F1 2007.
FiHSF1(MMG) No aids Champion, F1 2008.

===============================
"Schumi you are a Legend, but so is Lion!"
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well,Well,
made it to lap 21 at least this time .
great start and pushed it for a while till i spun.got behind carl and caught him.
Then I pulled a sebastien vettel move on the inside of turn 4 and hit carl in the side spinning me and i stalled it.
Sorry carl as I miscalculated that one and tagged your sidepod which I see caused an engine failure
3 laps later.Was a good race though as the times were all close.
congrats to steveb for the win and Juan for plugging away to get second.
Bummer for lionheart though.I feel for ya.We've all been there.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Christian Laforce

Post by Christian Laforce »

It's a difficult beginning saison for Brawn GP. Where is a leader!!!!?????????????? ahahah
timothy harrison

Post by timothy harrison »

Nice win Steve and to all the others that participated. I had a great time finally getting to race with no technical issues, etc. I would like to apologies to Bilbo for holding him up after coming out of the pits and for roughing him up a bit. Sorry Bilbo, I tried to stay consistent on my line but probably got a little too aggressive in some areas. I knew you were much quicker than me I was waiting for you to pass, but you stayed back for a bit it looks like. Anyway not much to comment on as far as my race went, not enough speed, too much aero, but the car felt great....just very slow. So slow at times the car was bogging down so much I thought about pulling the Fred Flintstone and hanging a leg out and pushing. Anyway, it was still a great day of racing, F1 in the morning, Indy in the afternoon and NAR in the evening....AWESOME! Good job to all and I'll see you next race.

Timothy
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Thanks guys :)

WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!

I just made it, entered the server at 7:55pm and was nervous as hell and of course the "hope my setup is ok" came in my head.
I tried hard not to change anything but did change my strategy, I switched to a 3 stopper.

Race start for me was very slow even though I practice them before every race I just can't get it right lol and
Carrera flew by me.

Approaching T1 I saw a Mclaren run wide and I was able to hold my position.
Carrera was fast and hard to stay with him, I was struggling to get into a groove because of the pressure from Juan behind me.

I finally found some rythem around lap 4 and started to get closer to Carrera.....keeping the pressure I was hoping he would make a mistake and on lap 8 (I believe) it happened, Carrera spun allowing Juan and myself to pass.

What a battle Juan and I had the whole friggin race, lap after lap the gap was from just under a second to a little over 2 seconds,
I couldn't shake the bugger. lol :)
after the last round of pit stops I came out infront of Juan but with a bigger gap this time and thought either he spun or just gave up the fight because the gap grew to 10.500 seconds but I kept pushing.

With 8 laps to go I checked my fuel and I was going to be 1 lap short at the end so I had to back off and start short shifting and Juan started closing the gap fast and got it down to 5 seconds with a few laps to go so I had to maintain the gap and bring it home.

This was the best race I ever had and CONGRATS to Juan for his 2nd place and congrats to who finished.
Sorry to you Lion that sucks...you were bloody fast.

See you all in MONTREAL
Last edited by SteveB on 03 Jun 2010, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

timothy harrison wrote:I would like to apologies to Bilbo for holding him up after coming out of the pits and for roughing him up a bit. Sorry Bilbo, I tried to stay consistent on my line but probably got a little too aggressive in some areas. I knew you were much quicker than me I was waiting for you to pass, but you stayed back for a bit it looks like.
No Tim, it's for me to apologize. At that point, I had a quite heavy car (I filled it to 115L on my unplanned lap 2 stop, trying to keep to my 2-stop strategy) and I don't do that often, that's why I hit you once at the end of the long straight, I had misjudged things and the car took some turns a bit wider than I was used to in practice (on 75L). I let you by after the contact as I did not want to take advantage of the hit and I wanted to gain the position cleanly or not at all. Given that I was more than a lap down already, my race as such was already over since lap 2 and I was not gonna do (voluntarily) anything dumb in a fight that was not even for position. My biggest problem was that you were slower than me in some of the turns/chicanes and that made me unable to really profit from the following straights unless I timed things properly, which I was quite slow to realize at the time. :oops: All in all, it was still nice and enjoyable while it happened. Thank you and, once again, my apologies.
2010 NA div. Admin
CarlMcDonald
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by CarlMcDonald »

carrera wrote:...Sorry carl as I miscalculated that one and tagged your sidepod which I see caused an engine failure
3 laps later...
naaa....I put a wheel a bit off the track entering pit lane and caugh a mystery black hole, my car was kind of sucked in it and I had to give it a bit too much rpm to get out off it, then engine failure came coming out the pits, engine was 150 degrees hot because of that.
...When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him.
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

I also would like to Thank Bilbo for sharing his setup.

I had made a few adjustments to it in our last practice session and the
car was great.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN