Euro Race Istanbul tell how it was for ya

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Racer
NAR administrator

Euro Race Istanbul tell how it was for ya

Post by Racer »

My Race started good, get thru some drivers, and was on a good position, mad 2 mistakes, last mistake was bad enough,
so next Race we will see, 8) :lol:
dutch power
NAR administrator

Re: Euro Race Istanbul tell how it was for ya

Post by dutch power »

Good race for me, Craig was just to fast i was hoping to match him but i made some mistake on strategie, on my first stop i decided to change to 1 stop strategie, but during the race i discoverd that i would come 1 lap to short lol. ANd due to whole 2nd stint on a heavy fuell load my times where not realy good. Because of that Kaffe could gain time back on me and knowing that i had to do a splash and dash in the final laps i was trying to gain time but couldnt get away and was having him 10 secs behind me for some time so i was worried that would loose my 2nd place. Then something happend to him and i could make safely my 2nd stop without loosing places. THen in one of the final laps i decided to push for a fastes lap wich worked, then the following lap i almost lost my wings due to a spin that would have been realy stupid :mrgreen: so after that just cruized home in 2nd place.

Craig was just to fast, in the opening laps he was constantly lapping like 2 a 3 tents faster then me so got a bit frustated. Next time i need to get my strategie better. Grats with ur birthday present Craig, well done. :D
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Turkey.zip (18.3MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

My race was pretty uneventful apart from the start - I haven't got the hang of these manual starts yet and this time it was Mark who went straight past me. I was lucky though and managed to retake the place on the opening lap - Marks top speed was so high that I don't think I would've been able to overtake him on the track had he settled into a rhythmn here.

After that I just pushed as hard as I could and managed to drive quite consistently to pull away a couple of tenths each lap. My pit stops went smoothly and I didn't really make any big errors during the race.

It's obviously really nice to get a win on my birthday, and i'm pleased my connection managed to hold out. :)

Congrats to everyone who finished.
ForthRight
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:Grats with ur birthday present Craig, well done. :D
Thank you! :)
ForthRight
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah lol i decided to one stop, so full tank for me from the start. hard tyres too. 35 laps then 23...really stupid idea, as usual, but what the hell !

Didn't have such a good first stint (35 laps mind you), started from the back and cleared the traffic only in like 2 laps, but i where 13 secs or so behind mark at that point, so i really just tried to judge it so that he and craig would exit right behind me and i could hold them up :P . but they went longer then i expected so it didnt really work out, mark came out 4 secs in front of me when i had like 5 laps to go on my first stint, so i went for it and managed to pass him the same lap i pitted...just for fun :) . Then he did a mistake and i was 13 secs behind, then i got it to around 10 secs, then 9...then it stayed there....and with 12 laps to go i REALLY REALLY needed to pee...this had been going on since 20 laps to go or something but i thought id make it. Nonono, had to twist the entire body and move my feet and stuff while fiddling the fuel gauges for an extra pitstop, went in with 11ish laps to go - parked it in the pitbox and ran to the toilet...haha, 30 sec pitsop. Sadly managed to put twice the amount i needed in the tank for the last few laps, but having not qualied i could change to the soft tyres and went on chasing the fastest lap (one fast lap, cool down tyres, do it again) at that time ...it was 1.27.058....i got 1.27.0568. DOH ! :) then mark improved it after his splash and dash at the end so..

what to say, my bladder lost me a place in the end it seems - but it was quite a funny situation.

Mark didnt win any mathematical contests this time :) To be honest, i misjudged it too and was risking a spash and dash or running out on the lastest lap - we'll never know :)

gratz to craig and all the finishers
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

I had a poor start. Made my way back up the order as people spun infront of me. Clipped a kerb and put it into the wall just before my second pitstop was due whilst trying to keep the gap to Max. Game over.

Well done all the finishers, especially my Toyota teammate TheBear!
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

LOL crash with Ferdi on first lap looks extremaly funny on replay :D I lost front wing, then flying wing hit to Philmax and damage his right tyre ,and then back to me and hit my ass :D
I decide for hard tyres and can't go down 1:30... (maybe bye damage) In practice I have 1:29 :)
I want complain my pit lane team :D They can repeir everything :)

Congrats Craig and all finishers :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Wel.... ahum... :oops: .... my race was bad... very bad. And I really don't know if it was my fault Peter, if it is, I'm soooo sorry :(. (go look at the replay now :))

I made every lap a misstake, but ok I didn't practiced at all (man what a lot off Blue flags!! :shock: ), and yes I got one drive trough penalty because I was not fast enough to react on a blue flag. So my tip, get away when you get a blue flag!! lol.

Congratz to Craig with his win and birthday :).

Greetz,
Ferdi
"sorry, I'm a musician... not a racer... but working on it."
Jools

Post by Jools »

Seems the webstats for this race and all previous are down :(
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

No problem Ferdi :) Sometimes that things are happen :) I'm happy that I finish this race after two 0 in Barcelona and Monaco :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf

Post by TheBear »

Another race finish for me, so not bad. But to be lapped by someone who stopped to go to the toilet is not where I want to be. It seems I lose a lot of time in the slow corners, I think I will get a new wheel and see if that makes any difference.
Jools

Post by Jools »

Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

well congrats to all that Finish, 8)

and Congrats to Philmax to finish his Race after some bad Starts Races, :shock: :o
at Istanbul Philmax had some probem with a Flying Front wing but he finish the Race thats a good thing, 8) :)
Hope fully u will get now after some bad lucks now alot off Good Luck m8, :)

i must say the last Races we had good Race starts, lets hope all continue to concentrate and work on the Race starts,
Practice some Race starts so we get a good starts all :wink: :)

cheers, 8)