EURO 2010 Monaco

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

EURO 2010 Monaco

Post by Craig Cookson »

Internet died on lap 50 while i was comfortably leading the race.

Right now i feel like i don't even want to bother with online racing anymore, my connection is a piece of shit.
ForthRight
Craig Cookson

Re: EURO 2010 Monaco

Post by Craig Cookson »

What makes me laugh even more is how it starts working again about 20 seconds after the disconnection?
ForthRight
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

I was quietly confident of finishing this race but taking the invulnerability off and my little wall brushes were too much.

Didn't start well with the pissing server refusing to go into qualifying without booting everyone.

Every few laps I'd damage a wing or suspension and have to pit for repairs. My car ended up looking like a christmas tree.

I was returning to the pits one lap and pulled over to let those lapping me past but the Force India tried to go to the left of me and I think suffered race ending damage. Sorry for that if it was my fault.

Anyway eventually I parked it rather than end the race for one of the leaders.
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

saw the wall to many times ghehehe, :shock: :o

Tnx to Bilbo to fix the server for Euro, :D 8)
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

i think it sucks most to be craig, it sucks really really bad to be mark, and it actually sucked being me this race also - we all got a share of it i think :)
i installed tv-overlay and tried it out, but when the session went to race split times and all kind of stuff started popping up everywhere...including just above my dash and hood.
so frickin annoying i cant even start to describe it. tried to fiddle with keyboard short commands to get rid of it but ended up spinning in that **Ä** * *A* * rascasse. After that it got quite fun actually,
and i even found the pace once id gotten used to all the popups...had to pit for a new front wing when me and the forceindia cought up a almost stationary jools in the tunnel so that sucked a bit :) ... and at that point i just gave up my strategy and filled the car with 80l. Then i had to do the same again when i brushed the barrier out of the last corner, which is a weird thing im not sure how that contact even happens, but yeah yeah....

really sucks for craig, i was hoping he just crashed :)

was driving like a girl after that, im suspecting its actually more dangerous that way, but it worked out

so, in the words of jenson: monaco baby yeeeeeah!

and even though it was close im yet to DNF a monaco, which at least is something. 2nd 2nd 1st i think the peak is reached :)

oh, and you know what - sweden has won this one the last 4 years now. oyeah!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Well done on your win Coffee.
ForthRight
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Well Monaco is Monaco, and i have to say i still dont know how in earth i managed to finish this race. I dont know who all got affected, but in my game the car from Jools was throwing flashes all over the track making the track blind for me. When i had to lap him and got close to him i couldnt see the track at all for like 2 to 3 seconds this was the most crazy thing i had to slow down massivly and pray that i dont end up in the wall. In the end because of this graphikal problem i ended up pitting 3 times for a wing and the first time i was actualy to quick in the pitlane so got a drive trough as well. Looking back at how this race went and if i didnt had this graphikal problem i could have won it. But due to this problem i just had to take it easy and was lapping like 3 to 4 secs slower i think.

Still got rid of my curse, finaly a finish on Monaco so im happy afteral with 2nd place. And im sorry for others with problems, and also Craig for the conection trouble, that must be a real pain. :(

ps: Tomorow i will take some time to post a picture about what i was seeing, or in other words what i couldnt see. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Fred

Post by Fred »

My race was kind of good. I was over 30 seconds up when I made my first stop, where I had small incident. My box was located right behind the wall to the left when you enter the pits, and I missed it, had to put in the reverse, and then it took 11 seconds to refuel my car. After that stop, my engine was constantly overheating, so I knew it was only a matter of time before it would be gone. Lost interest there, just waiting for the engine to break down, so I hit the wall and that was that. Still fun to push around this track!

Grats to Coffee "Tow-Bias" Machine for bringing the swedish flag to the top of the podium again!
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Murat Ozsarac
Favorite team: McLaren

Post by Murat Ozsarac »

Jools wrote: I was returning to the pits one lap and pulled over to let those lapping me past but the Force India tried to go to the left of me and I think suffered race ending damage. Sorry for that if it was my fault.
Although I got lil damage on car; that's no problem at all mate, cause it was actually my own mistake because the coffee dude was getting closer to me and l had to overlap u full throttle not to lose my position against him. 1-2 laps later my f**king pc crashed with a f**king javaw.exe error :evil: But I must say I'm still happy with my performance of my first NAR race and one of the most clean starts of my online racing career ever. I cuda been on the podium but only 14 laps of fun :( I'm also sorry for you Craig, i know pretty good how sucky feeling it is.

Edit: Congrats coffee, nice job.
Born to race, race to die
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Congrats to Coffee and all finishers,

and NOT to Forget a good start at Monaco, we manged to take first corner nicely, :D
if there was something it was not so much, so Nice done guys, 8) :) :wink:
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... o_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... o_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Monaco.zip (19.2MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

I hate this track, but after race I hate this more than before :evil:

68 laps fight of live and DNF :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This is my last race in this f...ng track

Interested : I have fuel for 28 laps, but I can pass 36 laps :D
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf

Post by TheBear »

Since I couldn't do more than 3 or 4 laps at full pace without crashing in practice I decided to take a different approach to the race. I decided to drive well within the limit to try to make it to the end. I didn't think it was possible but in the end I made it!
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Congrats to Kaff for win :D

Gutted for you Craig :( :x

Well Made a good start got in to 5th after first turn then just followed mark .then last corner before pit snatch a brake and hit the barrier new front wing and suppension repair had to wait for whole grid to pass me before I could turn in to pits :(

Then I just pushed to catch up to the field managed to pass jools with a small battle then bear just let me pass :) past few more who were in pits getting new car parts fitted :D and then had great battle with Peter. Just before my next pit stop I made the same mistake again I hit the same Barrier and lost front wing and bad suspension damage again manage to drag the car in to pit lane then came out 7 secaonds behind peter had to chase him down again had another good battle again I couldnt get pass so i just tried to fill his mirrors as much as i could then he made a slight mistake and I was through :D ( nice fight again Peter :D )

I have to say I love this track :mrgreen: so much fun !!!!!!!!!!

Well done Mark and Bear for finishing :D

Big thank you to Bilbo for Help with server :wink: :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf

Post by TheBear »

Sorry for not fighting but I just didn't want the pressure as I had enough to cope with just trying not to hit the barriers. You were so much faster anyway there was no point, I felt like Bruno Senna.
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

TheBear wrote:Sorry for not fighting but I just didn't want the pressure as I had enough to cope with just trying not to hit the barriers. You were so much faster anyway there was no point, I felt like Bruno Senna.

Dont blame you :wink: :D

Well done for making it to the end nice job and some points :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

I'd also like to thank Bilbo for helping us out with the NA server when it looked like we wouldn't be able to race - i'm sure everyone in Euro league appreciates it.
ForthRight
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

NP, you guys were lucky that I happened to check the forums on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
2010 NA div. Admin
Jools
Favorite team: Williams

Post by Jools »

I'd like to take this moment to refute that we have any kind of Dutch Power blinding device attached to the double diffuser of the Toyota cars. Our cars have passed the vigourous scrutineering process and I'm sure he'll be claiming to have seen aliens next :)
Craig Cookson

Post by Craig Cookson »

Jools wrote:I'm sure he'll be claiming to have seen aliens next :)
We all had a sighting at Monaco. It turned out the alien was on pole. :wink:
ForthRight