Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA 2010 SPANISH GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _Spain.zip (11.9MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NA 2010 SPANISH GP race reports

Post by SteveB »

WOW!!!!!!!

In 2nd position on my way to a win or at least 2nd and my vid card locks up for like 20 seconds by the
time it gets going I was heading for the wall. It was like I was in the 60's with the funky colours....lol

Maybe it is time to go back to ATI......mmmmmmmmmm.....
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

Caught the curb coming onto the start finish straight, and that was all she wrote !!!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Congrats to Rich for his first NAR win and thanks to all who participated (or at least tried to).

For me it was a pretty bad race. Starting from a nice P2, I passed Juan before T1 but kinda lost it in T2 and let the field pass rather than risk an accident. I started climbing a bit from behind but went wide at the exit of the last turn from loss of downforce as I was pretty close to someone's exhaust (Carl's maybe) and hit the inside wall kinda sideways. The most critical parts stayed on the car but the suspension was bent and I tried to fight it (which led to 3-4 more spins) before deciding on an early pit (I was on a 2-stops strategy and wanted to keep it that way). The car was better after that pit but I could not get myself back "in the groove" and struggled to do times that I would have considered bad in practice... I was just happy to bring it to the end and happy that it was indeed the end.

CYA in Monaco IN TWO WEEKS! (please offer the league's salutations to your mother next week) :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Steve B wrote:In 2nd position on my way to a win or at least 2nd and my vid card locks up for like 20 seconds by the
time it gets going I was heading for the wall. It was like I was in the 60's with the funky colours....lol

Maybe it is time to go back to ATI......mmmmmmmmmm.....
I got that a few times last season (screwed some nice races too). The easy way to prevent this is to run rF in DX8 mode (instead of Auto or DX9). For the last couple of races, I've gone back to try DX9 (with success so far) but I did do the following modifications in the meantime (any of which may or may not have actually helped): removed the GPU fan to replace all of the thermal paste between it and the actual electronic components with something more decent before putting it back, added 2 more 12x12cm fans to the front of my case (nice bonus from adding extra drive bays to my case) and using the latest nVidia drivers (v197.45).
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Steve, I have an ATI 4850 card, and have no problems with lock ups, or freezing at all, and I get plenty good FPS, and I run everything maxed, with 4x AA and 8 x AF, DX9. Not sure if you can still get a 4850, but mine was cheap, like $109 US dollars when I bought it about a year ago. I'm still using the same driver that came on the CD with the card, lol, and have no problems at all.

this is the 1gig version, mine is 512 MB memory, so this should be even better than mine http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi again all,
Well we'll just chalk that one up to bad luck day.
First and foremost I would like to Apologize to Juan and the Mclaren team.
MAssive problems with the router yesterday after the host provider did some maintainance
on Saturday.Couldn't get Boons machine to connect and mine was disconnecting at random even with a good ping.
Was a very frustratin time for both of us and Boon had to eventually shuttle off home.
I made it in in warmup then it disconnected and the I was back in a few seconds before coy.
BEst start of my career and get past Juan on the inside and turn in and just before turning to
correct it and go left....Juan was already there...Bwaaam....wing gone hit and damaged
left suspension front and back....race over....sorry Juan...
and sorry for Mclaren constructors points(as you guys usually race together and finish).
Sucks too because Boon was doing 23's in race trim....would have done well.
Oh and Steve ,I am running the radeon 5770 and have no problems.works flawlessly.
I'll stick with ATI for now.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Christian Laforce

Post by Christian Laforce »

Bad race for me. I am visite the wall and after this i have just 3 wheel cya next race with more pratice. Good job Rich.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Thanks for the link Steve.....nice card :)

Bilbo when I got the new vid card from BFG I switched back to DX9 and the last 2 races went
perfect not even a glitch so that is why I left it on dx9 settings.

I can't do anything to the fan because the card is in a casing so I can't get to it.
I know DX8 settings aren't too bad but I upgraded my pc and vid card for a reason.....lol
The wierd thing is this hasn't happened in the practice sessions.......yet... so I could think all is
fine and leave things the way they are then on race day it locks up.......GrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrrrr

Thanks for the advice and the link will see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

I did have ONE cool moment in the race, haha, a nice save!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcttGEQcg70
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

That's the Kaffemaskin bug at work, it starts with a mistake then makes you show off big time in front of the cameras! The real trick is in remembering to say that it was all done on purpose in post-race interviews. :wink: :lol:
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

LOL Bilbo, it was pure luck, and if I'm not mistaken, that is the same lap in which I crashed out coming onto the start/finish straight, I guess I had only one save in me !