EURO 2010 Spain Race tel how it was for ya

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Peter Sojda

EURO 2010 Spain Race tel how it was for ya

Post by Peter Sojda »

Amazing race :lol:

I'm not angry because I have no practise, and I not suspect I could finish this race ;p Year ango I crash after 50 meters, so today I make big progress (about 1 kilometer) :D Maybe in Monaco I make first win in NAR :lol: :wink:
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: EURO 2010 Spain Race tel how it was for ya

Post by Jools »

Good start from 5th I think and then was 3rd into the 2nd corner due to incidents. I didn't have the pace of Coffee and Mark but for once it wasn't that far off and at points I could sometimes peg them for a couple of sectors. This was the first race I felt that I was in the running rather than a backmarker.

I put a nice gap to Mr G for my pitstop tried to keep as close to the leaders as possible. In my pitstop I got bad temps and was trailing smoke half a lap. G pitted after me and I thought he might get me in the stops but I managed to keep my position. I started to pull away but then I had some rough laps and he closed on and passed.

Now the rest of the race was fun, chasing down Mr G. I had the pace to catch him but not to pass him. I fought him for the whole of the stint and had some great fun trying to get close enough to pass.

Then dropped in for my 2nd stop and that went smoother than the first. G pitted a couple of laps after me and I saw him come out as I came down the homestraight. It seemed that battle would be rejoined and there was even maybe a chance of getting Mark as he was only 10 seconds ahead of G. But alas my engine let go into Turn 3 and I had to park it.

Gratz whoever wins.

See you in Monaco!

Also watch out for the highlights vid soon!
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

GREAT finaly points, position 4, yeaa
had a great Batlle with The Bear, and Max, 8)

upto Monacoooooooooooo
TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by TheBear »

I had a great battle with Neo for most of the first half of the race. We both pitted together and I somehow managed to pit faster and come out ahead, but then my engine warning light came on and it distracted me so he got by again. Then I made a stupid mistake on lap 36 or so where I changed down into neutral instead of first and then stalled it changing back up. But still I had a fun race and enjoyed it a lot.
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Congats to kaff for the win and all that finished.

Had great race finished third was having great battle with the Jools who in second stint spent most of the time having close look at me wide rear wing unlucky to him on engine failer :( it was fun racing
I was to heavy on fuel at start and had to low a wings settings and was losing pace in middle sector i think, but fast down main straight.
At end of race was pushing to catch Mark which I got 10 sec down to 6 sec then nearly crashed so slowed my pace for the last 4 or so laps

Happy with 3rd :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Ah i made some silly mistakes and i was not realy concentrated at times, let Kaffe by because i thought there was gonna be a restart but that didnt happend and after that i was a bit fuzzed. So started to chase Kaffe but he was matching my pace, and after that i started to make small mistakes and close before my first stop i made a big mistake loosing much time. After that i tried to close it a bit but Kaffe was just controlling the race so at some point i gave up and decided to bring it home, but that was pretty difficult as i was all alone on track and it was realy though to stay concentrated so started to make more mistakes and got damage as well so Jools and G passed me because i had to pit earlyer then expected. After that i made lest mistakes and brought the car home. Nice 2nd good for the championship. :D
Last edited by dutch power on 03 May 2010, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _Spain.zip (14.0MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

meep meep!

I guess not really a decent q when you beat that time with like half a second the first race lap, but i was happy with it as i did it :)

As for the race, mark was kind enough to let me pass him. Im not so sure i would have beaten you, just thinking back to the last race where i also started making mistakes as soon as i lost the contact with craig. Anyways, it was controlling of the pace from lap three and onwards. Was quite happy with the 5 sec gap i had at the first pitstop, only to find out my mechanics were planning to refuel me...for 16 (!!) seconds. Luckily for me mark decided to do some ballerina pirouettes when he entered the pits, and i could repay the compliment by waving (weaving :) ) as i passed him in the pitlane.

I was really worried with the lack of practise and all, not sure how i could mess up over the exitcurbs without risking a crash but in the end it wasnt ever close i think, so nice race!

gratz to all the finishers

cu guys in monaco
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand