Crap No Connection

Was having great race then lost connection again :( :roll:

Congrats to who ever one and all finishers :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Re: EURO China Race tel how it was for ya

Post by Craig Cookson »

I crashed out, quite annoyed about that but it my own fault.

Well done to everyone who manages to finish on this awful track.
ForthRight
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Craig Cookson wrote:I crashed out, quite annoyed about that but it my own fault.

Well done to everyone who manages to finish on this awful track.
doh :P
doubley bad for me, i hit robz in a lapping when he was rejoining...prolly my fault, i misjudged it a bit...was lifting off and going for the inside, thought i would be all ok and just blipped the throttle - at the same time i realized robz were joining the racing line instead of going left, jumped on the brakes but it was too late. strange how much damage that did though! looks so weird, i checked the replay...its prolly cause the track turns so much i just couldnt steer any more without it just washing out.

gah, but it was quite fun that first stint craig :) that first move felt a bit rude from where i was sitting so i was prepared to take any chanse i could to returnthe compliment, but just couldnt get close enough :P good stuff !
Last edited by Coffeemachine on 25 Apr 2010, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Dan Rasmusson

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

I got a lapspan when there was only 11 laps left, which caused me to completely misjudge everything and crash. :(

I could've finished sixth :(
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

Good start from 3rd and stayed with Coffee and Craig through sector 1 and 2. They vanished in 3 which is where I consistantly lost most of my time.
So I tried to pull out a gap on 4th place Flavio. Unfortunately I had a mistake and he got past. I chased him down and passed him into the hairpin at the end of the back straight, he came back up the inside onto the start finish and I lost traction in acceleration and spun left into him, this wiped him out. Sorry Flavio I didn't mean to hit you.

Then I was the wrong way as most the field went past. From then on I picked off people as they crashed or retired for various reasons and ended up 3rd in the final phase of the race. Tried to chase down Sojda who was 20 seconds ahead. Got it down to about 6 by the line.

Well done the few finishers! Well done Mark!
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

How in earth could i win this race, im stunned. Due to several reasons i haven't been able to practise or do any laps. I almost missed out the start of the qualy, so when i joined i took the malaysia setup, did half a lap to see how it felt, wich felt horrible so made some tweaks on the setup in the hope that it would be driveable. In the end it wasn't that bad but the middle section was a real pain as i had way to much oversteer in the car.

Anyway we go to Q and did a few laps and i didnt had grip at all trough T1 one time i just slide off the track there knowing this i was not confident for race start so wanted to start in last position to not cause troubles in T1. So first laps just took it easy stay out of trouble and get the race going, lots and lots of fights and close racing this time, was real fun guys. Car was not nice to drive in the slow corners but was a fun race for sure.

THen the key point in race, driving in 2nd place Craig overtakes me then half a lap later he hits a curb and crash the car and suddenly im leading the race. :shock: I couldnt believe it but it was true and i just had to bring the car home, unexpected suprise it was for me.

Next time Spain wuhuu bring it on.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Jools

Post by Jools »

I just used rfVRCmerge to knit together everyones best laps from the race and make them into a replay

Just save it into your replayfridge folder and view it like any other replay.

http://hjf1.gavinkelly.co.uk/fastestlapschina.vcr

enjoy!
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Jools wrote:I just used rfVRCmerge to knit together everyones best laps from the race and make them into a replay

Just save it into your replayfridge folder and view it like any other replay.

http://hjf1.gavinkelly.co.uk/fastestlapschina.vcr

enjoy!
Wow really interesting replay there - i've never seen anything like that before.

I lost lots of time in turn 1 entry it seems, i hate that corner.

Three cars all around 1.37.5 (Mark, Jools and Kalimero), was fun to watch those cars so close together in the replay. :)
ForthRight
TheBear
Favorite team: Wolf

Post by TheBear »

My first race finish! Unfortunately I stalled on the first pit stop and lost around 1.5 minutes until I could get the car started again as I forgot which key it was on. I probably would have ended up where I did in 4th anyway though even without that. It feels good to get a full race distance in and I am improving all the time.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _China.zip (19.5MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Note: The qualy order is bad in the rFactor-Report (Web-stats) from P5 down as it somehow failed to account for Mr.G's time. The league stats have been ordered according to the XML log file (LapRankIncludingDisco).
2010 NA div. Admin
Jools

Post by Jools »

Yes G was not on for more than a few mins at a time due to his connection and I'm surprised he managed to get as many laps into the race as he did! Hope you get that sorted out MrG

Craig this is what I used http://www.virtualr.net/rfvcrmerge-10-released/

You select a replay file and it gives you all the laps done in that replay. You add the ones you want to merge and create a new replay. It gives you the fulltime and sector times for each lap of each driver done in a session. You can synch them at the beginning of the lap, or start of sector 2 or 3. Or you can have them synch at the end of the lap. I think it's a handy tool for finding out where you are losing time.
pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

Well, I decided again noy to qualy, and it as I thought it was difdficult to pass, I decided to go to 1 stop. After fistr stop, I was in 4th position, I I tought Matk and Sojda were going to stop again, and there were not too much differnce in lap times, so Coffe was out and I thougt I was going to finish 2nd :o , so it was a surprise for me :lol: .
But unfortunately, Sodja had an error and I was too close to him and I could not avoid the accident, so my race was finished :( . That's races.
Anyway, I enjoyed the race, everybody was very prudent in first curve, and most cars were in race after firsts laps, that is the most important thing for me.
Congrats to Mark and finishers, it was a pity that Dan could not finish the race, he did a good race, normally he finished too soon, and yesterday he was going to finish in points :? . I hope he is more lucky next race!
Good race, many people there, honnest drivers, so I enjoyed the race, although I was unfortunately.
See you in Spain ( my country), :D

Regards

Kalimero
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Gutted could of had a good result :(

It seems to be all ok now fingers crossed
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

Good race :D Second place :D

Sorry Kalimero... I have problem when I brake to turn 9, lost control for moment, then I out of turn very slow....and then we have accident.
I must go to pit for repair, after pit I was +40 second to Mark and -20 front of Jools. I decide to drive carrefuly to finish :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM