Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA 2010 MALAYSIAN GP race reports

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... laysia.zip (12.6MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
timothy harrison

Re: NA 2010 MALAYSIAN GP race reports

Post by timothy harrison »

At the line waiting for the lights I could hear my game/engine skipping. I had this problem in some sections of the track last race. I'm not sure what is wrong with my connection, down the front stretch, into T1 I had a very bad, choppy connection. And it was the same in a few other sections of the track. It was impossible to see the start after the lights, my game kept skipping and all the cars in front of me were doing the same. Anyway I spun the wheels, broke off the front wing, and stalled it! I just couldn't hear the engine or wheels. I had no issues on the server during the week and I haven't had the issue in other rooms or with other games. So I'm not sure what's up, but it will be hard to race with a poor connection (even if I am always in the back! LOL!). Even after the race when I had exited back to the garage area I could hear all of your engines racing and they were choppy, hardly audible. I'm using a cable modem, any suggestions would be appreciated. See you guys next race.

Tim
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

PC and connection specs?
2010 NA div. Admin
Christian Laforce

Post by Christian Laforce »

I am very happy, i am go to the end. Full action race for me. Black screen 5 sec., stall in the pit and 2 or 3 mistake in race.
Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

Happy as well here for the win obviously, but I believe I could have done better, it's been bugging me all night. I really want to give my maximum every race, but didnt happen. Made lots of individual errors, and wasn't in the groove. After 3rd-4th lap, I was ready to accept 2nd place. :(

Thumbs up for Jimmy, who was very fast in early part of the race. He overtook me closer to the end of first lap. I rather have him in front of me rather than behind, because this can put the pressure on him until he makes mistake. He was extremely fast until lap 12 or 11, finding out that he was on a 3 stopper it was a big relief. From there on, it was basically a qualifying, each lap I tried to do personal best time to open gap to Bilbo and Jimmy, but almost each lap was an error :lol:. There was so much improvement, I just couldn't get into the groove.

This was an exiciting race, hopefully everyone can finish the race in China.

Was anyone on the softer tires? I drove 21 laps with softer tires. It was a miracle that the tires were still good. Couple bars left 1 or 2.
F1RST3 (F1C) No aids Champion, F1 2007.
FiHSF1(MMG) No aids Champion, F1 2008.

===============================
"Schumi you are a Legend, but so is Lion!"