EURO 2010 Malaysian GP race reports

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Dan Rasmusson

EURO 2010 Malaysian GP race reports

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

After a terrible qualifying I spun on L1 causing a race incident, sorry for that.

Nothing more to say really, I switched skins just before the race which made the car setup feel different and also my connection acted weirdly where it just stopped for a second or two every now and then,

I think I have to do something about my connection or something with rFactor before I can race with you again, maybe me reinstalling windows yesterday is part of the problem?

Sorry to everyone and Phil, was fun racing with you G though. :P

/Dan
dutch power
NAR administrator

Re: EURO 2010 Malaysian GP race reports

Post by dutch power »

Ahh things didnt realy goes as planned. Qualy was pretty ok lap for 2nd place, got a good start and came out of T1 in first place with Pascal right behind me so i was actualy hoping i could drive away from them, but after some laps Craig overtook him and it didnt took so long before he was right on my tail. I was trying the best i could to keep him off just 1 lap before my pitstop i made some little error and he could pass me. After my pitstop i was chasing down kalimero and then made some stupid error wich ended my race. I spun over a curb onto the grass, and per accidently putted the car in revers wich made the engine stall. :oops: So my race ended after 20 laps, well i probably wouldnt finished anyway as i just had some ISP downtime internet acting weird and going down a few times so probably would have faced a disco anyway. Seems i got some work to do, Craig is realy fast i was actualy little bit shocked as soon as he was past me i saw some 33s apearing in the LCD screen.

Congrats to the winner :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

Lost of a couple of places on the first lap but that's better than a couple of wings. Then had a good fight with Coffee and Andreas. Coffee got clear of us and dissappeared up the road. I tried to get close to Andreas to pass but dirty air and all that. After dropping back to regroup I closed again and passed into turn one.

Only managed a few more laps and was up to second as others pitted. Then made my pitstop and from there on I had a lonely race. Wasn't able to match Andreas and so settled for 5th place and some more points.

Oh and rFactor crashed as the new track loaded. Which is the best time for it to crash :D
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yay, i had a really fun start to it all. It got really crowded off the grid and i had to lift off prior to the first corner, it was all right hough and i made up a few places. Nice to see t1 going so smoothly after the two first races! So i went on my merry way, had some nice battles with andreas and jools. Managed to pass andy, only to almost lose it the lap after and get re passed by him and jools. So i had to do it all again :) fun stuff! All in all andreas passed me 2 times and i passed him 3. hehe. That spin actually, with hindsight, was terrible for me. Cause when i was clear i had a 10ish second gap up to mark who where holding craig up, and i managed to close that down with roughly a second / lap...but craig sneaked by brad just a few laps before i could catch up! gah! then mark bailed on me when he pitted, and i noticed craig was (no suprises here :) ) a bit faster than me. Not too much though, just like half a second or so, which meant i could kinda peg him if i pushed really hard. Problem was, i couldn't hold that up forever - but it was the only chanse to catch him :) i wasnt even close.... had some wonderful near death experiences, like lap 26 and 47 i think it was. Went for fastest lap as per usual the last time around, i knew i probably could do a 33.5 but craig had a 33.3 ....so something extraordinary was needed, and i ended up in the gravel! close one there haha, was actually quite a big accident ! managed to drive out of the gravel and did that last half lap, tried to slow down towards the line to get a really small margin to kailmero but wasnt sure where the finish line was so it ended up being 2 seconds :) . Nice job everyone, high percentage finishers today. On to china, im thinking maby i'll train, qualy, and try and beat this alien craig guy..and mark too :) . sayonara!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Dan Rasmusson

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

Coffeemachine wrote:yay, i had a really fun start to it all. It got really crowded off the grid and i had to lift off prior to the first corner, it was all right hough and i made up a few places. Nice to see t1 going so smoothly after the two first races! So i went on my merry way, had some nice battles with andreas and jools. Managed to pass andy, only to almost lose it the lap after and get re passed by him and jools. So i had to do it all again :) fun stuff! All in all andreas passed me 2 times and i passed him 3. hehe. That spin actually, with hindsight, was terrible for me. Cause when i was clear i had a 10ish second gap up to mark who where holding craig up, and i managed to close that down with roughly a second / lap...but craig sneaked by brad just a few laps before i could catch up! gah! then mark bailed on me when he pitted, and i noticed craig was (no suprises here :) ) a bit faster than me. Not too much though, just like half a second or so, which meant i could kinda peg him if i pushed really hard. Problem was, i couldn't hold that up forever - but it was the only chanse to catch him :) i wasnt even close.... had some wonderful near death experiences, like lap 26 and 47 i think it was. Went for fastest lap as per usual the last time around, i knew i probably could do a 33.5 but craig had a 33.3 ....so something extraordinary was needed, and i ended up in the gravel! close one there haha, was actually quite a big accident ! managed to drive out of the gravel and did that last half lap, tried to slow down towards the line to get a really small margin to kailmero but wasnt sure where the finish line was so it ended up being 2 seconds :) . Nice job everyone, high percentage finishers today. On to china, im thinking maby i'll train, qualy, and try and beat this alien craig guy..and mark too :) . sayonara!
I agree, about the T1, everyone was very careful, I was trying to go to the right side but you were there so I slowed down a little and sticked right behind you through T1 and T2, tried to hang on but my wings were too low to keep up with you in S2, glad you had a fun race.
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

My race was quite fun in the first half - I lost two places off the line despite a decent start and I had to work hard to make up those positions. I got ahead of Pascal quite quickly but Mark was a much more difficult challenge - his high top speed meant I couldn't close up in the slipstream on the straights and I was losing time in the fast corners. I did eventually get through, just before Mark pitted.

Coffee soon made it up to second place (despite starting at the back) and he was pushing me really hard, but luckily I had a gap to play with. I think if he decides to qualify in the next race it will be much more difficult.

I didn't have any problems in the second half of the race and it was nice to pick up my second win of the season. :)

Well done to everyone who finished - it seems to have been a much cleaner race.
ForthRight
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... laysia.zip (18.1MB, race only)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

Boring race to me. Only few lap fight whit Kalimero and that is all :)
Before race I turn off all HUD and then I never no where I'm :D In finish I saw that I on 7 possition :)
I drive better than in Bahrain and Australia but result is worst, because all of you make great job. :)

Congratulations for Craig and all finishers, and for Ferdi and Andreas for his first points :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Crap Race :(

Firstly WOW Neo how did you time that so well at the end of warmup 1 second left on clock :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Made worst start ever then had to miss a sideways Dan :mrgreen: which made me go through gravel :roll: then was behind Dan for a few laps had good little battle :wink: .
Got clear of Dan then was catching Neo on last corner got to excited on throttle pedel spun in to wall an lost front wing had to do whole lap with no front wing :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Came out behind fredi which I had few laps behind him then the leaders came through and fredi was to kind and left the door wide open so thank u vey much :D :wink:

Then crappy lonley race until the end :(

Congrats to Craig and all finishers

P.S Congrats to Jools on making First corner :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Such a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time i did a serious race in nar.
Well, my qualy lap was, according to my nervousness, not sooo bad, but still about 1 sec of my actually pace.
The race start wasn't that nice, got craig and i think i could have got mark as well but he is my teammate so it took it a bit easier. Craig got me either caused by my lame topspeed.
Anyhow, i was third and thought, you have much fuel on board...so just find you rhythm dude. I dont remember the name well, i guess it was MAX brazil whatever. He closed to me and tried to overtake me, but it seemed he forgot how to use the brake into turn one, so my car was damaged...i tried to handle it but i noticed that i lost to much time according to the damage so i had to pit. Then the stint was horrible, full tank...many mistakes, last stint i got my rhythm and caught piotr at least.

Well, certainly the wasn't just his fault but he could watch out where his brake paddle is next race.

Cya in chineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese :D
pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

First race was bored, the second one, it was a dissater in first curve, so I decided not to qualy, because I don't mind the final position, I only want to enjoy the race... and this race was much better, because I avoid the problems in fistr and second sector, my car was ok, and I could drive without a wheel moving all the race like in Australia.

It was a pity than too many cars finished so early, because of the accidents, son I only had a little battle, but the race was not too bored, and finally, coffy had a problem in last lap, so I had emotion until last lap, so I am happy with this race.

I think I will do the same most races, not qualy, so it is more sefe at the beginning :wink:

Of course, I was lucky about the final result, because some fast drivers were not there, and others had problems, I think my normal final position is 6 or 7, but I got podium, so not bad. :D

I hope to be in next race, see all you there!!!

Kalimero
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

pccmikasa wrote:Of course, I was lucky about the final result, because some fast drivers were not there, and others had problems, I think my normal final position is 6 or 7, but I got podium, so not bad. :D
I think you are underestimating yourself there - your pace suggests you are one of the top four fastest drivers in Euro.

I know the first corners can be tricky but i still think it is worth qualifying - this allows you to be near front from the start and you can put pressure on the other front runners straight away. Just my opinion though.

The first corner looked quite clean at Sepang and hopefully it will just get better as the season goes on. :)
ForthRight
philmax

Post by philmax »

Craig Cookson wrote:
pccmikasa wrote:Of course, I was lucky about the final result, because some fast drivers were not there, and others had problems, I think my normal final position is 6 or 7, but I got podium, so not bad. :D
I

The first corner looked quite clean at Sepang and hopefully it will just get better as the season goes on. :)

:| first corner maybe but after :evil: ,i understand kali for that its very bad to be hit every race ,for me after 3 race 2 times i have same problem,and i choice to start in last position in start ,but sunday the nigthmare its no on t1 but just after :x
if every sunday its same maybe i stop race in nar .because i don't have time for circus :?
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

So first line start is dangerous, last line too :D I'm always start from middle and for me it's ok. I'm survive 3 times :D
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

philmax wrote:
Craig Cookson wrote:
I

:| first corner maybe but after :evil: ,i understand kali for that its very bad to be hit every race ,for me after 3 race 2 times i have same problem,and i choice to start in last position in start ,but sunday the nigthmare its no on t1 but just after :x
if every sunday its same maybe i stop race in nar .because i don't have time for circus :?
dont give up Phil, its sad that it happend with u again, i hope next Race go much better,
Last edited by Racer on 13 Apr 2010, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
philmax

Post by philmax »

l see how it goes after, but if it continues :| that just happen to everyone .and I can be the next to gonna that happen.but please for at least one lap be cool,since last years how many drivers quit after less than one lap? many many,for rest of race its ok ,so if in lap one we reduct "kamikaze crash" =many more drivers on the track so much fun no?
dan he's not the all one ,see the 2 first gp on you replay .I blame anyone in particular, I just want the guys realize.
if its impossible to make that ,I just come in practice for fun .
bye
philmax

Post by philmax »

ah sorry for my english :mrgreen:
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

I think we have to stick with it as we have had lots of new drivers join and bigger grids this year so we all going to have problems at start but it should improve each race hopefully :D

Not looking forward to monaco :mrgreen: that should be fun :D I think maybe some sort of drivers agreement in to T1
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

philmax

Post by philmax »

anyway i said now i miss monaco gp as every year :mrgreen:
i hate more than anything this gp
or maybe i come to some bumpy car party :mrgreen:
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

I can say and have repeatedly said Australia was my fault.

I think Bahrain was mainly caused by a late braking Max es brazil into T1

What happened to Dan, has happened to all of us, a little too much throttle coming out of a slow corner and you spin. Unfortunately Ferdi and TheBear were unable to react in time to avoid Dan and then an out of control Ferdi hit Philmax as he took to the grass.

I watched the replay of Max es brazil and Pascal Kreischer. To me it seemed that Max got the tow, Pascal violently swerved right and then back left as they went down the straight. As he came left he knocked Max onto the grass. After that I don't know what happened, either Max was unable to brake properly due to damage into turn one or it seems in the replay that after braking he then went back on the accelerator and into the side of Pascal...

-----------------

Anyway I can understand how frustrating it is practicing for a race then being knocked out.

I offered suggestion that for starts we practice the start of the next race the week before it's due. Some people turned up to practice Malaysia. That was great.

I like the take it very easy on the 1st lap suggestion and as always practice practice practice.