NA 2010 AUSTRALIAN GP race reports

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Admin Narleague

NA 2010 AUSTRALIAN GP race reports

Post by Admin Narleague »

HOW DID YOUR QUALY AND RACE GO FOR YOU??

Please post your comments here :)
Lion_Heart

Re: NA 2010 AUSTRALIAN GP race reports

Post by Lion_Heart »

I qualified second with 2 tenths off of Bilbo. I was satisfied qualifying second.

The race didn't go well for me. I jumped on the grid by 0.001 second probably, and have a stop/go penalty. I wasn't happy about that at all. After 3 laps I went into the pits for the stop/go.

Once coming out of the pits, and after that lap, I got disqualified, not sure why. But I am definitely Not happy.
Australia is one of my favourite tracks, its pity that I could not finish this race.

Congratulations to Carrera for his first win in 2010.
F1RST3 (F1C) No aids Champion, F1 2007.
FiHSF1(MMG) No aids Champion, F1 2008.

===============================
"Schumi you are a Legend, but so is Lion!"
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I had an amazing (to me) qualification on pole (I really did not expect to make a 29 with the heavy car (~100L, 2 stopper) but I wasted it all by first screwing my start TWICE (spin the wheels, off throttle, spin the wheels again) before I could get going, missed T1 badly then spun outside the fast chicane at the start of S3, lost a wheel or 3, ended up sideways across the tracks so I hurried to hit ESC before I made it worse for anyone.

This one was looking good but I screwed it up like I don't think I ever screwed a race. Well, congrats to all who finished and thanks to all who participated. See you in Malaysia in 2 weeks!
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Oh, about serving penalties, you have to tell your team to NOT work on the car, otherwise it's considered a normal pitstop and it does NOT serve the penalty...
2010 NA div. Admin
Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

Bilbo wrote:Oh, about serving penalties, you have to tell your team to NOT work on the car, otherwise it's considered a normal pitstop and it does NOT serve the penalty...
I was wrong. I just tested why I got disqualified in offline.

I was very wrong. My penalty was not stop/go, it was drive through penalty. But I stopped my car in pits, and I guess my crew changed my strategy.haha so in other words, i didnt serve my penalty.

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... tralia.zip (13.7MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi fellow racers.
Well that was a race to remember for me.I started 6th and ended up first.
Somehow after the first corner I was second and cruising behind Lionheart.Not expecting that.
I went to a three stop strategy as I couldn't keep the tires from wearing down.Worked for me.
Don't feel bad Lionheart as it was a drivethrough and we figured out it was a drivethrough
for Boon as well but he didn't know the difference.The arrows are a drievthrough.
A red and green light together are a stop and go penalty.Sucked for both of you.
As for me I had pressure on me the whole race as I tried to figure out everyones strategy.
Rich and Steve B kept me worried the whole race but I just kept plugging away at it.
With no spins and few mistakes I got the 1st place on the podium.
So that desereves a big WUU HUUUU from the renault team.
I would like to thank my engineer for not blowing up my engine with excess horsepower.
I am really liking this mod now though :wink:
See you all in MAlaysia.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

carrera wrote:Hi fellow racers.
Well that was a race to remember for me.I started 6th and ended up first.
Somehow after the first corner I was second and cruising behind Lionheart.Not expecting that.
I went to a three stop strategy as I couldn't keep the tires from wearing down.Worked for me.
Don't feel bad Lionheart as it was a drivethrough and we figured out it was a drivethrough
for Boon as well but he didn't know the difference.The arrows are a drievthrough.
A red and green light together are a stop and go penalty.Sucked for both of you.
As for me I had pressure on me the whole race as I tried to figure out everyones strategy.
Rich and Steve B kept me worried the whole race but I just kept plugging away at it.
With no spins and few mistakes I got the 1st place on the podium.
So that desereves a big WUU HUUUU from the renault team.
I would like to thank my engineer for not blowing up my engine with excess horsepower.
I am really liking this mod now though :wink:
See you all in MAlaysia.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Thanks for the clarification of arrows and yellow and red flag, but its too late for that. lool
Yeah you did do a perfect race, I watched u, Steve and Juan, and later Rich was in fight too.

Started 6 out of 10, and finished 1 out of 4. :P

timothy harrison

Post by timothy harrison »

A couple of minutes prior to the race my system became unresponsive! Not sure what happened, I hadn't had any problems, but everything locked up and I had to reboot my computer. Sorry about that guys, I was looking forward to my first race of the season. I did notice when I was coming down the front stretch that my system would stutter, it was clipping really badly, than by T1 the stutter was gone? Not sure what that was about, I ran quite a few laps at Malaysia last night with no issue, so we shall see. I'm going to get another cooling fan and a new video card before heading to Sepang. Congrats to Carrera for the win and see you all in Malaysia.

Timothy
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Sorry to hear that Tim we waited for you till about 8:45pm but you didn't come back so we had
to get on with the race. If it happens to you again (hope it doesn't) and your able to get back online
try to join the server again or please post something in the forum so we know. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

Was having fun chasing Boon for quite a few laps, then something happened to him. In about lap 28-30, i caught the curb coming into the start finish straight, and spun into the wall, big susp. damage, tried pitting, but it wasn't very good, haha, called it a day...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
timothy harrison

Post by timothy harrison »

Sorry to hear that Tim we waited for you till about 8:45pm but you didn't come back so we had
to get on with the race. If it happens to you again (hope it doesn't) and your able to get back online
try to join the server again or please post something in the forum so we know. :)
Thanks for waiting for me guys, I didn't know that I could re-join the server once it had gotten to "race".

Tim
Steve

Post by Steve »

timothy harrison wrote:
Thanks for waiting for me guys, I didn't know that I could re-join the server once it had gotten to "race".

Tim

You can't join once the server is in "race" mode, but you can in warmup, and qualy if I remember correctly.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Actually, I managed to restart the warmup session just seconds before the server moved on to the race because I knew you could not rejoin once the race started. We usually try to wait a little bit if someone gets disconnected, particularly if you have qualified and race is not started yet (although in your case that was VERY close, 10 seconds or so left when I sent the command). You can (re-)join at anytime except during the actual race session.

It's always a good idea to post something in the forum, either to tell us to wait for you or not. The worst that can happen is that the race has started without you but, as a general rule, I check the forums as late as I can before the race starts or after something has happened (disconnection, etc). It's not fun to practice for 2 weeks only to end up not able to make the start of the race due to a technical issue...
2010 NA div. Admin