EURO 2010 AUSTRALIAN GP race reports

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Admin Narleague

EURO 2010 AUSTRALIAN GP race reports

Post by Admin Narleague »

HOW DID YOUR QUALY AND RACE GO FOR YOU??

Please post your comments here. :)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Re: EURO 2010 AUSTRALIAN GP race reports

Post by dutch power »

Pretty terrible, messy start dint even got off the line and i was arleady hitted by someone comming across nicking off my front wing. THen avoiding the t1 mess i short cutted the first corner little bit and for some reason the game gave me a stop/and go penalty knowing i had to server this one and knowing i had to pit for damage repairs and driving a bend car for 56 laps i was like NOT TODAY. :mrgreen: so pressed ESC. And i was supposed to start in final position according the qualy so thanks Fred for putting me some places to forwards. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

was doing great, after some crashed with each other i find myself in position 3 or 4 i think,

did some batle with piotry Sojda, and than due conection issue i was suddenly Racing allone.
so..... disconection, :(
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Firstly sorry for the smiley face at beginning hit wrong button was ment to press to check for damage from t1 mess again :oops:

But..................

3rd place and podium :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Qualy was a nightmare on flying lap hit debrie a peice of a ferrari front wing and got puncture :( :mrgreen:

Race was ok got a tap in to first corner and went wide which proberly saved me from mess just next to me were i would of been :roll:
after that just pushed and that was that nothing really happened anyhoo good result 3rd happy days

Congrats to Craig and all finishers :D :D

cya at next race

G :mrgreen:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

I hit one of the redbulls into turn one, I was anxious not to be hit from behind so this time I went too deep. I'm going to check the replay now and find out who I hit. Sorry for that.

Race to forget for me.
Jools

Post by Jools »

Ok I can see I hit Flavio, maybe poet justice for the circumstances being reversed last race but I caused the accident so apologies, I braked too late and I messed up.

Sorry Flavio and everyone who was taken out as a result :(
philmax

Post by philmax »

all said cool on t1 ,big shit :evil: after one crash front me i hit one car in middle of track ,so i broke my front wing so ,go to pit ,after that i have a penality i don't know why,an other time on pit and my race could begin :mrgreen:
i finish 5 not bad ,but PLEASE BE COOL ON T1 ?KAMIKAZ STAY ON YOU' RE PLANE
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

In the famous words of Homer Simpson: DOH!

i messed up royaly in the beginning, got a good start and was just gonna drive around The Bears Toyota, left to small of a margin and boom - the toyota seemed to be fine but mark coming from behind and hitting my car was definitely not! Clumpsy, sorry for that. Had to pit for damage and was way behind. Apart from that i actually had quite a good race, found out the fuel was waaay of so my last stint became 8 laps :) tried to snatch the fastest lap but wasnt even close, and acutally crashed the last lap of the race trying, but no biggie i could just limp back to the finishline. Had to fight my pants off cause i didnt want to get lapped, but goh - craig was just too fast. And that brings us to this question: Are not flag rules supposed to be off, ie only black flags? Cause i got a drivethrough for ignoringa blueflag, which is...well, thats not really for the game to decide :) and i wasnt ignoring it so...well doesnt really matter, maby i could have unlapped myself if not but yeye.

Gratz to craig for the win
gratz to me for staying in there
gratz to g25 for your bronze medal

and gratz to me for leading the championship. oh yeah!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Wow I just looked at the replay - crazy first corner at this race, i'm glad i managed to get through the corner and out of the way. :shock:

The race was extremely tough for me - Fred had decided to start at the back, so you can imagine my stunned amazement when I exited turn one and saw that he was the car directly behind me. From 14th to 2nd in one corner? :?

It was a really good fight between us, but a few laps in I think he lost time with a drive through penalty. I then lost 3 seconds during my first pit stop as I got held up on the pit entry road and couldn't push to the speed line. We continued to have a good battle after the first stops and then Fred retired around lap 40 (I think).

I'm obviously really pleased with the win - it's a nice improvement from Bahrain where I didn't complete a single lap.

Thanks for the congrats and well done to everyone who finished (although i think there was only five of us). :)
ForthRight
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Coffeemachine wrote:And that brings us to this question: Are not flag rules supposed to be off, ie only black flags? Cause i got a drivethrough for ignoringa blueflag, which is...well, thats not really for the game to decide :) and i wasnt ignoring it so...
From the rules page on the website: "Flag rules: Black Only (note: despite the name, this includes blue flag penalties!)."
And no, I did not just go and add that part, it has been there for at least a year, probably more. :wink:

You must usually let the other driver pass within 3 turns of getting the blue flag so even if he does not make a move, there comes a time where you may have to "tell" him to pass NOW, like moving over and maybe slowing down a bit (just don't do that on the line and too close to a turn exit)! :lol: Actually, if you get in that situation, you should probably have let him pass sooner and in a "safer" place (straight)...
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... tralia.zip (15.1MB, race only)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

I hate finish race like that... You drive 1,5 hours and then you hit wall and retire from race (not clasification) :evil:
Very good qual for me (second line :D)
I have battle with Neo, MrG, Kalimero, Coffe so race are interesting ;p

Congratulations for Craig and other finishers :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Bilbo wrote:
Coffeemachine wrote:And that brings us to this question: Are not flag rules supposed to be off, ie only black flags? Cause i got a drivethrough for ignoringa blueflag, which is...well, thats not really for the game to decide :) and i wasnt ignoring it so...
From the rules page on the website: "Flag rules: Black Only (note: despite the name, this includes blue flag penalties!)."
And no, I did not just go and add that part, it has been there for at least a year, probably more. :wink:

You must usually let the other driver pass within 3 turns of getting the blue flag so even if he does not make a move, there comes a time where you may have to "tell" him to pass NOW, like moving over and maybe slowing down a bit (just don't do that on the line and too close to a turn exit)! :lol: Actually, if you get in that situation, you should probably have let him pass sooner and in a "safer" place (straight)...

is it possible to turn that off? i guess not? Cause when these situayions happen (actually i didnt know about penalties at all, first time i see a blue flag in a race i think :P ), i was coming up to lap phil and craig was coming up to lap me...so had i lifted earlier phil would have gotten the pentaly. Plus, its just silly when the guy behind you are catcing under a second / lap, you bacically have to crawl to a dangeroulsy slow standstill not to get penalized. but now i know why ppl are so eager about throwing themselves out of the way!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Fred

Post by Fred »

Craig Cookson wrote:
The race was extremely tough for me - Fred had decided to start at the back, so you can imagine my stunned amazement when I exited turn one and saw that he was the car directly behind me. From 14th to 2nd in one corner? :?
I was just as suprised haha. I was stupid to jump the start, which of course helped me get up there, but still I did not see many cars on my way to turn 1. Must have been lag or something, I was worried that I had hit some cars since I felt alone kind of. Then after turn 1 it was very quiet all of a sudden and I saw your name in first position and mine in second.

It was a shame that I was so careless that I recieved a penalty, since I had good pace in the first stint to challenge you. Given your pit stop problem we could have been right with eachother :) Great job for the win though, you were very consistent all the way through and had a great pace. Well deserved.

And grats to the G Diddy for his podium :) Well done to all finishers!
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Bilbo wrote:

Kaffe is right lol and i think you get him wrong but ok. I also believe that the settings where set wrong, because the game gave me a drive trough penalty for the cut on first corner. I didnt realy cut, i took avoidance action and i was even at a verry low speed to and the game still gave me drive trough lol. I hope people can have a check on these settings because i think Flag rules where set on on or on full and not on black flags only.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Jools

Post by Jools »

These are the settings. Only thing changed since the race is switched back on the invulnerable and changed the times back to how they are set for practice. Flag rules have not been touched.

The config file was a copy paste from the NA server and then certain things changed such as the name.

Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Fred wrote:
And grats to the G Diddy for his podium :) Well done to all finishers!
Thank you fred :D :mrgreen:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Ok thanks Jools, thats verry clear :D Then i guess i was just unlucky to receive this weird penalty. :)
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Jools

Post by Jools »

I take it that with black flags only you shouldn't get track cutting penalties? perhaps worth testing on both servers for peace of mind?

But I did work with Bilbo to have the Euro setup same as NA. Most important thing is the drivers feel confident in the server so if there is anything specific we can try let me know.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

There are not that many configurations about the flags: It's either NO FLAGS (cheat all you want), BLACK ONLY (what we have been using for years, if not forever) or FULL FLAGS (i.e. safety car and all). There's no individual rule/penalty control or more granular control than this, AFAIK (except for a specific configuration about "blue-flagging distance"). There has been A LOT of testing done on the subject of flags when we prepared the switch to rFactor (from F1 Challenge 99-02) some years ago.

Here's what the official rF readme has to say on the subject of flags (which is admittedly not much):
Flag Rules affect black and yellow flags. Turning it off completely allows users to do pretty much anything without getting disqualified. Setting it to Black Only is a good choice if you want players to get penalized or disqualified for jumping starts, driving backwards on track, etc. Local yellow flags will still be shown if Flag Rules is set to Black Only, but there will never be full-course cautions. Setting Flag Rules to Full will have the same rule enforcement as Black Only, but with occasional full-course cautions.
As for track cutting, I think the "track cutting lines" are part of the track but the actual cutting "judgement algorithm" is hardcoded in the game (i.e. not configurable except maybe by the flag settings above). I've always been under the (unconfirmed) impression that the game does not judge just the speed with which you're cutting the track but also if you're accelerating through it (less tolerance) or braking (more tolerance). It's possibly a mix of both or I could be totally wrong too, I've never seen anything definitive on the subject. SteveB probably knows more about the presence and usage of "cut lines" than I do (which is not really much more than they exist).
2010 NA div. Admin