NA Bahrain 2010 race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Bahrain 2010 race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ahrain.zip (19.5MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Re: NA Bahrain 2010 race, post your comments here...

Post by Steve »

As usual, it was fun while it lasted :mrgreen: On lap 5 or 6, made a mistake going into the new section, and clipped the wall, somehow the pit stop fixed big time suspension damage. Then, on lap 18 or 19, I caught the curb coming onto the start / finish straight, spun, and hit the inside wall, front wheel flew into the air, race over.. :(
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
coywilburn

Post by coywilburn »

1st off want to congratulate bilbo on great race, i qaullied 3rd so better than expexted was on 3 stop race. b4 i got to 1st turn my teamate Lion_Heart had the inside, so i did not fight to hard 4 it ,the leaders where on a faster than me pace. had a good fight with steve b for over half of race 1st stint was ahead of him by .half sec. to 2 sec. then Lion_Heart had a problem and retired,moving me up to 3rd, mario was leading when he had a problem and i got by him for a few laps,but here he came back ,then in closing laps he had another problem and i would Finnish 2nd
"Infinite Diversity" In "Infinite Possibilities"
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi fellow racers.
Well I qualified good for a change but screwed up on the launch(late).Still worked out A-ok into the first corner.
I screwed up a couple of times on the first laps and it cost me but I was just trying to finish a race.
Also I used the spare machine with the 9800 GT in it and it ran flawlessly for the last 2 days.
No lockups or hiccups all weekend.Now I am thinking it may have been the mod itself causing problems(MMG).
I am of course just using direct x8 instead of nine and at 200 miles an hour I see no difference...LOL....
I did a 2 stop strategy which was a bit slow and it sucked but it was stable til the end of the race and I'll take a 4th
place thank you.Boon as well was doing fine until he over ran a curb and lost it...pooof....stalled....end of race.
Still he did say that the car was so much easier to drive than the MMG cars.You can actually flattrack them and still maintain control.
How cool is that.
Congrats to Bilbo on the win and MArio...wow...you were right on Bilbo and then Boom into the wall.
I came across a damaged Brawn and 2 bouncing tires...ouch...
good race though....better than the real boring f1 race...they should have kept refueling..
as Robert Kubica found out.One spin and you are behind the entire race.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks guys but I have to double-thank Mario first as he helped me a lot for this victory! :lol: First by sharing one of his early sets with me, to which I basically just added fuel and added a notch of radiators. That was about 1.5 seconds faster per lap than the other set I was using at the time, although it required me to be much more careful in my driving. Then, of course, for crashing himself a few time and doing more pitstops than me (I was on 2 stops). Despite all that, it was still gonna be close up to the end as he was catching up quickly to me until his ultimate crash a couple of laps from the end (whew!).

I did not have much action on the track (no close fights), although I had a couple of close calls with walls that I was lucky enough to save. I spent most of my race looking at the gaps with Mario (especially after our last stop, trying to figure out how quickly you were closing the gap against the remaining laps and not liking the result), Lion_Heart who was getting quite close to me until he spun and Coy who you can count on to not give up easily. It was pretty much a nerve-wracking race and I was quite exhausted when the race was over.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and also to those who moved over when lapped (often more than was necessary) and congrats to all who made it to the end (or close :P ). That was a fun season opener! See you in Australia. Watch out kangaroos, here we come! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

WOW WOW ...... what a season opener that was.

I qualifyed 8th wasn't happy with it but wasn't too worried about it either.

I had found out minutes before the qualy session that LC wasn't used with this mod so I had to get used to the
clutch.

My race start was actually pretty good I made up a few spots got into 4th or 5th (behind Coy).
I was following Coy for most of the race, we pitted together on our first pit stop and I was released before Coy and just as was
approaching his pit box he was released......dam so close.....lol thought I had you there Coy....hehehe
Exiting the pits I was trying to put the pressure on Coy to try and force him to make a mistake but that didn't happen and in doing so my car seemed to
get looser and looser so I had to back off so I would keep it off the walls and gaurdrails.

I knew Bilbo was infront but I was surprised when I saw Mario behind me and I wasn't going to put up a fight to keep him there because I knew
he was way to fast...lol

CONGRATS (NEW ALIEN) BILBO for your season opener win and to Coy for your podium and to the rest who finished and participated it was a FANTASTIC
first race.

CU all in AUSTRALIA
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Christian Laforce

Post by Christian Laforce »

4 laps here sorry partner. Really desapointer. I wanted to go up at the end. I have a girl friend go to my home and i were really. sex all night!!!!! cya next race
Lion_Heart

Post by Lion_Heart »

My start was OK, I managed to overtake Coy on the 3rd corner on first lap from inside. That was the only big moment for me in the race. After that I tried to open the gap with Coy, and to reduce the gap to Bilbo.

It was a great race, although it only lasted 14-15 laps for me. I tried to keep pressure on Bilbo, I think I could've caught up to him and fought even harder but it would be hard to overtake Bilbo as he was very consistent with his lap times. Mario was impossible to catch, he was just flying. After my retirement I realized Mario also had problems, he was 54 second off Bilbo, so there was a chance for me finishing second or probably winning the race too.

My retirement was not good, I spun and I stalled the engine, and there was no way I could turn it back on. I guess I need a special button for Clutch now.
Congratulations to Bilbo, and to finisher, to my teammate Coy too finishing 2nd. Well done!

I am very happy for team Red Bull showing others that we can win this years Constructors Championship. I am not happy that I didn't get any sex after my retirement but Christian LaForce did!!!.

After all, I like my position where I wanted to be and that is top 5 and in next races even fight for wins.
F1RST3 (F1C) No aids Champion, F1 2007.
FiHSF1(MMG) No aids Champion, F1 2008.

===============================
"Schumi you are a Legend, but so is Lion!"