Euro race baghrein let now how it was

Post by Racer »

say the words,here howwas Baghrein. 8)
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: Euro race baghrein let now how it was

Post by Racer »

well start was bad,spun hit the wall loose front wing,
trying after that to keep up, than conection faillure.

well up to next Race, 8)
Jools
Favorite team: Williams
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Jools »

Well I got 4th on the Grid which I was happy with.

Going into turn 1 I was hid hard from behind. I wondered why the car was not responding after this and maybe someone was stuck to me before I remembered that we were no longer invulnerable. I limped back to the pits following Neo. I managed to pass him coming up to the pitlane line and got my car fixed. I dunno how they managed to fix it because I was having to steer right down the straight to keep it on track.

Anyway exiting the pits in 10th and about 1:00 down on 9th place I set about trying to get away from Neo and chase down the pack. I pulled away from Neo and closed the 5-9th cars down by about 1 second a lap. I had got the gaps down quite a lot but then had to pit as scheduled for fuel and tyres.

After coming out I set to chasing again. I think two in front of me dropped out promoting me to 8th. Then the Ferrari driver ahead of me (sorry still learning names) pitted. He came out not far in front and I caught up with him. I followed him for about a lap before managing to pass him into turn 1. I had to take a couple of bites of slipstream to do this :)

So now in 7th place I carried on trying to be consistant.I was given 6th when the guy infront of me pitted I think. So I tried to build a gap to the Ferrari guy before my final stop. I got it to about 14 seconds before I came in so he retook me. However I think the next lap he pitted so I was back in 6th.

Here I stayed until about two laps to go when 5th place guy suffered a failure or connection problem and I finished in 5th. This I am very pleased with for my first ever NAR race.

Sorry to CoffeeMachine, I let your teammate through clean but when you came to pass me you'd caught me in a twisty bit and then the Blue flags guys were getting a bit urgent with me, I went to pull off line coming out of the right hander only to find you were passing me on the inside. I wasn't trying to race you I just misjudged where you were. Anyway there was no contact and you were safely through.

Really enjoyed the race and can't wait for Melbourne!
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

I crashed on the first lap, made a mistake and ended up with suspension damage.

At least it can't get much worse for the next race, maybe i'll even manage to finish the first lap.

Congrats to everyone who finished.
ForthRight
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

Boring, boring, boring....
At the end I was neraly sleeping and my eyes closed some seconds until I stoped my car in last lap.
more than 1 hour without fights, times or some else to pass a good time.

Strange things happen in the race that can't understand, but in any case, a booooooring race.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Craig Cookson wrote:I crashed on the first lap, made a mistake and ended up with suspension damage.

At least it can't get much worse for the next race, maybe i'll even manage to finish the first lap.

Congrats to everyone who finished.
:)

Howdy ho, i figured i'd sandbag some and onestop. Once i'd decided that, i noticed that you need exactly all the fuel the car can carry :) . So with no qualy, and 1ltr left at the first pistop, i made it work :)

Quite calm race otherwise, the start was fun - jools seemed to be getting beat up quite a lot from a red bull which was a pity, just managed to clear them at the apex of t1.

As for the lappings, i cant complain in any way - as far as im concerned all the lappings were spot on.

oh and yeah, my teamm8 was a alien this one. I think and hope i can be closer in aussie. cya there, gratz to all the finishers.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ahrain.zip (20.9MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Happy with 4th :D :D

Made great start in T 1 went round out side and got into 3rd then Criag had argument with barrier so 2nd place start pulling away then kaff was gaining had few good laps with trying to keep kaff behind but he was to quick.
Then I just settled down in to a good pace which was to slow as kilmaero was 4 sec behind then he just appeared in my mirrors tried to hard to keep him behind and went wide stayed with him then made pitstop which was a nightmare had to reverse back in to box :evil: came back out 10 seconds behind :(
Then just kept on the track to bring it home :D

Congrats to Fred and all finishers :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

Well, 3th position, NOT BAD! :) I thouht I was not going to finish, after so many time without racing in NAR. Last year, at the begining, we were more people, and more people means more fun, but I understand that is not easy to run for everyone every race.

First mistake I did (and also my brother Natxocc), was than we tought that we start with the same fuel that we had when we start Qualy, so I had to stop before I was going to do, (6 laps before), and I changed fuel during the race to do different strategy, and then I noticed that I coould not change tires to hard :? , so I had to change the strategy again during the race, I changed fuel by the wheel buttons, and I was almost going to crash while I was driving alone :oops: , but finelly I managed to finish ... Imposible to drive as Freddy and Coffy...they were incredible fast, I hope in future I can be as fast as they are, but I think that is too difficult for me... :D .

Nice race at the begining, but a little bored later, as I could not pass any one, and the next driver was more than 20 seconds from me, so I was alone the rest of the race. I like fights during the race, it does not matter if I win or not the fight, I only want to have a fight!!! :wink:

Congrats Fred for the winning and the rest of finishers.

Regards

Kalimero
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

sry i wasnt there. i am a bit sick, and was on party on Saturday night ;) so i just overslept the race :(
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

Not bad, not bad :) I have little % in my blod after birthday party, but I can manage it and take 6 place :D whitout accidents :)

Congratulations for Fred and other who finish :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thanks everyone for the congratulations :)

My race was good, no issues at all. I got a good lap in qualifying and a good start. A little bit dissapointed that Craig could not continue since he had an interesting pace :) Could have been a good fight there. I saw what happened and I nearly did the same thing. Cold tyres?

Otherwise, I really like the qualifying system we have now, that you burn a certain amount of fuel in qualifying and that you have to start with the remaining amount in the race. If you have a target Q lap time and reach it on your first flier, then you save fuel for the race.

Anyway, feels good to nail the first race of the season. Too bad Mark had his leg problem, hope you will be back soon.
Well done to all finishers!

Cya down under.

Fred
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Jools

Post by Jools »

I fancy doing some highlights videos so I have uploaded this.

First I'll just say this is just a test and I grabbed some quick captures and chucked them in, only took stuff from the first 2 laps. Not a whole lot of editing been done to it. If people like videos I'll spend some more time coming up with something tomorrow. Ideally then I'd make one for each round. People could suggest good clips for me to look at and music tracks to put each race to.

Also as with videos on youtube there are always comments about the music so I'm pre-empting them :evil:

If you don't like it then mute it and play your own OR mute it and make car noisey with your own mouth :)

Apologies if someone already does highlights vids but I didn't see any :)

Think that's everything covered.

The link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCm1J3yKq0
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Great video Jools! No one has done any highlights up til now, so you should be fine.

And guys, you all start like a bunch of schoolgirls! muahaha :o
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Looks good. Basically, there have been a few tries in the past but nobody had time to properly do it in the end. If you enjoy doing that and do have the time, even if it's just once in a while, I'm pretty sure it would be appreciated.
2010 NA div. Admin
Fred

Post by Fred »

Very nice Jools! Hope we get some good action in the coming races now :)
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Nice one Jools 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D :wink:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Jools

Post by Jools »

Thanks for the comments. I'll have a crack on another for Bahrain tonight. If it only takes a couple of hours then I'm sure I can fit it in every 2 weeks. Most of the time was spent trying to fiddle about in the replayfridge and having it crash on me all the time. So in the end I gave up and got fraps, frapsed the action I wanted before bunging it into WindowsMovieMaker.

Fred you'll have to slow up a bit to join in with the action ;) Congratulations on winning the first round!
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

You are great Jools !!! :D You should be FIA president :D
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Fred wrote:A little bit dissapointed that Craig could not continue since he had an interesting pace :) Could have been a good fight there. I saw what happened and I nearly did the same thing. Cold tyres?
Driver error more than cold tyres i think. Combination of carrying a bit too much speed and turning in too late, i shouldn't have made that mistake on the first lap of a race.

My setup was an inconsistent mess. The only thing consistent about it was that the lap times got slower and slower over a stint instead of faster. I look in rear view mirror and see flames coming off the rear wheels. That surely can't be good.
ForthRight