Engine Brake Mapping setting

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Engine Brake Mapping setting

Post by Craig Cookson »

Does anyone know what this setting does, both technically (what it does to the car) and in terms of how it affects the car whilst driving?

It ranges from 0 to 8, but i can't seem to figure out what it is doing. It doesn't seem to affect the car or the lap times.

Thanks for any help. :)
ForthRight
Mr G

Re: Engine Brake Mapping setting

Post by Mr G »

Craig Cookson wrote:Does anyone know what this setting does, both technically (what it does to the car) and in terms of how it affects the car whilst driving?

It ranges from 0 to 8, but i can't seem to figure out what it is doing. It doesn't seem to affect the car or the lap times.

Thanks for any help. :)
Hope this Help

In the rFactor .veh file for each mod there is a defined percentage of throttle that is "on" when the driver is completely off the throttle. The engine brake map is a multiplier on this percentage. As a result, the higher the brake map, the less engine braking occurs when the driver lifts. Higher engine brake map values can result in more stability under braking and longer braking distances.
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

Thank you for that explaination.

It does make sense, but i never noticed anything different when i tested before (changing from 0 to 8 ). I'll have to test it again and pay more attention to braking distance and stability.

Thanks again.
ForthRight
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Craig Cookson wrote:Thank you for that explaination.

It does make sense, but i never noticed anything different when i tested before (changing from 0 to 8 ). I'll have to test it again and pay more attention to braking distance and stability.

Thanks again.
I sometimes edit it when i want to glide and not use the brake for specific tricky entrances, so that the speed drops off in an apropriate way...like china t1 and monaco and stuff...malaysia too i think. not sure its needed at bahrain though :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

as far as i know, engine brake map is disalowed from 2009 season. Also i think it is not possible to change it in rft09 mod.

See you!