NAR 2010 Season - Discussion

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Admin Narleague

NAR 2010 Season - Discussion

Post by Admin Narleague »

Here are the rules and settings that will cover the NAR 2010 season for both the European (Euro) and North American (NA) divisions:

Mod: F1RFT 2009 Fully updated (Update + Update1).

Tracks (see below for details): Mostly SteveB's with 4 others spread through the season (TBA). A track pack is in the works. ALL tracks will be publicly available.

Rules changed (from NAR 2009):
  • 2010 points system (25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1)
Rules unchanged (just making sure there's no confusion):
  • Qualification session starts at 20h CET (Euro)/EST (NA).
  • Parc Ferme in effect (i.e. qualify with race setup).
  • Qualy session format: 6 laps/30 minutes max.
  • 2 wheels on track at all times, curbs ARE considered part of the track.
  • Refuelling is allowed in race.
  • (+ all others)
Schedule:
  1. 2010-03-14 Bahrain (on SteveB's Bahrain 2010 track)
  2. 2010-03-28 Australia
  3. 2010-04-11 Malaysia
  4. 2010-04-25 China
  5. 2010-05-02 Spain
  6. 2010-05-16 Monaco
  7. 2010-05-30 Turkey
  8. 2010-06-13 Canada
  9. 2010-06-27 Europe
  10. 2010-07-18 Great Britain
  11. 2010-08-01 Germany
  12. 2010-08-15 Hungary
  13. 2010-08-29 Belgium
  14. 2010-09-12 Italy
  15. 2010-09-26 Singapore
  16. 2010-10-10 Japan
  17. 2010-10-24 Brazil
  18. 2010-11-07 Abu Dhabi
  19. 2010-11-21 RoC: Korea (if available else another track TBA)
More info about the track choice: We had polls about the track preferences after the end of last season (Euro div, NA div). Given that it would be VERY unpractical to use different tracks for our 2 divisions (for many reasons), we had to look at the combined league results, which are: 7 for SteveB's tracks, 5 for other tracks, 3 for a mix of both and 2 did not care. What the poll made clear was that there is no way to please everyone. We admins recognize SteveB as a valuable asset for the league and as a result came up with the above mix of tracks and we are unanimous about this decision (and the other ones too!).

Have a nice season and good luck everyone!
Attachments
NAR2010_schedule.pdf
(110.85 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
Last edited by Bilbo on 28 Feb 2010, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renamed thread.
Fred

Re: NAR 2010 Season Information

Post by Fred »

I would like to know which these 4 other tracks are. I hope it is Nürburgring, Monza, Suzuka and China.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Suggestions for those tracks are welcome at this time but for a limited time, along with source (they do NOT necessarily have to come from the F1RFT09 track pack). The "limited time" is for potential inclusion in our track pack if we get permission.
2010 NA div. Admin
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Admin Narleague wrote:
More info about the track choice: We had polls about the track preferences after the end of last season (Euro div, NA div). Given that it would be VERY unpractical to use different tracks for our 2 divisions (for many reasons), we had to look at the combined league results, which are: 7 for SteveB's tracks, 5 for other tracks, 3 for a mix of both and 2 did not care. What the poll made clear was that there is no way to please everyone. We admins recognize SteveB as a valuable asset for the league and as a result came up with the above mix of tracks and we are unanimous about this decision (and the other ones too!).

Have a nice season and good luck everyone!
I dont get it clearly but ok. but,
actually this is bullshit because we had different track choices 2008 and even a different mod and it worked perfect. But ok

Gonna do a little list

2010-03-14 Bahrain (on SteveB's Bahrain 2010 track) SteveB´s track is ok
2010-03-28 Australia SteveB´s track is ok
2010-04-11 Malaysia BETTER tracks out there
2010-04-25 China BETTER tracks out there
2010-05-02 Spain SteveB´s track is ok
2010-05-16 Monaco SteveB´s track is ok (as long ctdp dont release their version)
2010-05-30 Turkey SteveB´s track is ok
2010-06-13 Canada BETTER tracks out there
2010-06-27 Europe SteveB´s track is ok
2010-07-18 Great Britain SteveB´s track is ok
2010-08-01 Germany BETTER tracks out there
2010-08-15 Hungary SteveB´s track is ok
2010-08-29 Belgium BETTER tracks out there
2010-09-12 Italy BETTER tracks out there
2010-09-26 Singapore SteveB´s track is ok
2010-10-10 Japan BETTER tracks out there
2010-10-24 Brazil BETTER tracks out there
2010-11-07 Abu Dhabi our version ^^
2010-11-21 RoC: Korea (if available else another track TBA)

Thats my opinion, and i bet we should have used it this way.
So why do we vote?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Jackson wrote:I dont get it clearly but ok. but,
actually this is bullshit because we had different track choices 2008 and even a different mod and it worked perfect. But ok
I'll take your bullshit and raise some more: please define "perfect" and find a 24/7 practice server for Euro.
So why do we vote?
I'm not meaning to rewrite history but that was meant more as a poll than as a vote. That poll had no clear winner, particularly on the Euro side. Also, you vote for admins, so we have to make some decisions on our own to feel important. :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

There no bullshit about it Pascal.
In 2008 we had some drivers moaning that tracks had not been decided in time so they could practice on them before race also other drivers like differnet tracks to others so what can you do we are always going to piss someone off, also when we had are ROC we had to change mods so no it wasnt perfect !
Also Ingo and other admin was working there arse off tryng to sort all this out behind the scenes finding tracks to please everyone.

We vote to find out opinions then we try to please everybody which you cant :(

So we dont want to fall out with anyone but we are doing are best to please everybody :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Fred

Post by Fred »

If we would say that we use RFT 2009 trackpack, then there would be no complications at all. Simple. I agree with Pascal, I'm not fine with this really.

But I suggest that we use the tracks I mentioned, Monza, Nürburgring, China and Japan, from the F1 RFT 2009 trackpack. They are the best versions available. Then I guess I will just have to pray that the admins don't feel like changing it if we decide to use them.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

deleted!!
Last edited by SteveB on 15 Feb 2010, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Fred

Post by Fred »

Steve B wrote:I really got to know what and how all of you rate a track as BEST OUT THERE??

Have you visited the track, do you know every elevation change, corner radius, apex, layout of every track??

I am not being an ass about this it is just questions I have had wanting to ask for years and since you guys feel you have the right
to judge tracks I feel I have the right to ask these questions.

In NO WAY do I mean to offend anyone.

Just so you know I just checked the RFT track pack and MONZA, MONTE CARLO, SPAIN are my versions.( and NO ONE asked me for permission) go figure.
Your Spain and Monte Carlo tracks are perfect Steve. But the four tracks I mentioned are not. I'm not blaming you, I'm blaming the guys who made the tracks for F1 Challenge where they are converted from. The Monza in the RFT trackpack is based on ISI, nothing else. They just put some more red colour to the kerbs to simulate the bigger ones that were used last year. The Monza we used last year in NAR was based on F1 Challenge if I'm not mistaken, and that version is not simply as good as the ISI version for rFactor.
I have not visited the tracks in real life, but you can spot it with you're own eyes by looking at the races, onboards etc.
Don't take it personal, because it's not in any way. I would be fine if you made changes to the ISI tracks, since they have a better base. That's my point.
Last edited by Fred on 14 Feb 2010, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

deleted!!
Last edited by SteveB on 15 Feb 2010, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Fred

Post by Fred »

This is what my RFT trackpack Monza looks like. I have no conflicting tracks either since I reinstalled mt rFactor recently, thus removing other tracks.

And this is the ISI version, only that they have changed some commercial signs and put some more pavement where the gravel traps usually are so on. And this was not the version we used last year.

The kerbs are not the same, the elevations are not the same. I don't want to get into a war here either, I just want to use the tracks that feels more right.
gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

I realy dont know your tracks steveB, so i can't judge them. Only thing i can say in this topic is, that more or less all tracks from rft trackpack looks great and they are best track version. And yes..i have been on 4 live races.(monza,hungary,spa and hockenheim) and track looks prety much the same.

Also the rft team said that they didn't make these tracks, but its only pack of mixed tracks from difrent developers. I dont see anything wrong here.. They even put some list online where you could realy the track builder and stuf..

See you!
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Well you must have a different trackpack then what I have and everyone is entitled to thier own opinions.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Ok whoa horse(this subject horse is being beaten to death.....
Lets put it this way ok.STeve B does an excellent job on his tracks and we should be proud of him.
We all acknowledge that for sure.Steve B ....young man....you are taking this as an attack on your credibility ok and its not.
I will go with whatever the admins decide is right for the league but at least we are voicing our opinions.
Remember that Steve B gets feedback from all of us and he adjusts the track so we are not spinning coming off of big curbs etc...
Also I am not worried about the quailty of the track....just the framerates really.We still have people with lower end machines remember?.
I think I can say one thing though for sure.We need a trackpack before we start this season.We lose people when we start updating.
Remember Brad jager?He had had enough and I belive Hitman and myself and others were pretty frustrated.
Remember that most of us are grumpy old men who like Bass fishing(STeve)...and new people like Boon and others
have a blast when competing with us.SO lets just get this sorted out and move on.
I'm pretty happy with the admins decisons so we chose the right people to head this league.
lets just be a little more objective and make sure we don't end up feuding over nothing.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Thank you Carrera and I couldn't agree more.

We are trying to get a trackpack together for this season and post it on the main NAR website.

There were many updates to the tracks last season because of late feedback so all the editing to the track and fuel useage
had to be done in a matter of days which ment countless hours of editing and testing between only 3 drivers.

This season is hoping to be ALOT better.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

my 5 cents are: stay with the RFTones, cause then everyone can join in without downloading a track and mismatching. To just use public tracks, in my opinion, wont make a difference - since no one will try to acess the server, then go online and download the apropriate track, then join. The rft-pack feels sufficient, and where there are ISI version i'd prefer to use them. Just so that we dont have to worry and change anyting, just connect and go.

The other part here would be to have a public server open at all times, cause with the trackpack tracks i can almost guarantee it will be very crowded any evening of the week - which would be nice. Hopefully someone can make that happen, wishful thinking :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

The official announcement has been made.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

rich54

Post by rich54 »

Steve B wrote:The official announcement has been made.

If the official announcement has been made-i am missing the result.
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

rich54 wrote:
Steve B wrote:The official announcement has been made.

If the official announcement has been made-i am missing the result.

lol
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Read the FIRST post Rich :)

The only thing that has to be decided upon is the non NAR (Steve B) tracks that will be used.

Once this has been decided we will try to get a FULL trackpack done and posted.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN