NAR 2010 Season - Discussion

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
rich54

Re: NAR 2010 Season Information

Post by rich54 »

Steve B wrote:Read the FIRST post Rich :)

The only thing that has to be decided upon is the non NAR (Steve B) tracks that will be used.

Once this has been decided we will try to get a FULL trackpack done and posted.

My fault for not looking first. Thanks Steve.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

NP buddy :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

It's also on the front page of the NAR website. 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

If anyone has other specific track suggestions that were not mentioned yet for the 4 "other" tracks, NOW would be a good moment to post them. The NAR track pack is coming well along and we'd like to finalize, test and release it very soon.
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Wow guys.
Its like the admins never sleep/Always working.
(sniff)dedication like no other.PAtriotic to the cause.Martyrs for the new age.
All that other stuff to(patriotic stuff).
Ok so I'm laying it on thick....but I almost got on a roll there eh?(canadian slang).
No suggestions from me as it looks good so far.
Anyone else?
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

I would prefer suzuka by WCP moding team;)

Cheers!
Fred

Post by Fred »

gregor vodicar wrote:I would prefer suzuka by WCP moding team;)

Cheers!
Me too, but we might as well use RFT's Suzuka since it's the same version with a few commercial signs altered.

So that Suzuka version, and then I stick with my China, Nurburgring and Monza choices from the RFT trackpack.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
rich54

Post by rich54 »

Fred wrote:

Cheers!
Me too, but we might as well use RFT's Suzuka since it's the same version with a few commercial signs altered.

So that Suzuka version, and then I stick with my China, Nurburgring and Monza choices from the RFT trackpack.

One small problem with your selections-the F1 season does not include Nurburgring this year. Hockenheim has the German race this year.
gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

One more thing..i saw that wcp team did quite alot track, and all are done in wet and dry conditions.. what about racing in rain? :D

cheers!
Fred

Post by Fred »

rich54 wrote:
Fred wrote:

Cheers!

One small problem with your selections-the F1 season does not include Nurburgring this year. Hockenheim has the German race this year.
Ok, then let's go for Hockenheim GTL version.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

I for one won't run the GTL version plus my version has already been included in the trackpack.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Admin Narleague

Re: NAR 2010 Season - Discussion

Post by Admin Narleague »

This thread has been turned into a discussion thread and a new "season informations" thread has been started for easier reference. Please keep the discussions here unless you want to start a thread about a specific issue (i.e. let's keep the info thread about informations).

Thanks for your comprehension.
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

As the new topic has been created and we can keep up discussion here, few words from me. One of my main reasons that I have retired from this season is that admins are trying to please everyone, not looking forward to grow up the league, 2 diffrent divisions, 26 seats avaible and only 18 taken in EURO and 17 in NA, it's worse than last year season's begining and how last season ended? 6 cars on grid in last races, that's not enterteinment I'm looking for. Now when it's even worse you want to use again private trackpack which is mix of diffrent tracks. If you think anyone will go to our website and download full trackpack (around 500mb I guess) to play on empty serwer then you are deadly wrong. Best way to recruite new drivers is public serwer with RFT trackpack which is very good for NAR races too. But well it's not my problem anymore, maybe for admins it's just not important how many drivers show up on grid.
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

The RFT trackpack is also a mix of different tracks Norbi and they didn't create any of them also the RFT track pack can't
be found anywhere but on thier website just like we are doing, if it wasn't for Ingo posting the link I would never have
known they even had one.
Our trackpack isn't private.....WTF!!!!!!!!!

At least we are trying to please everyone but of course that is an impossible thing to do, there will always be someone complaining
about something.....right Norbi!!!

We have to have 2 divisions because the drivers in North America don't want to race at 2am..... DO YOU??

I check the rFactor online servers almost everyday and 90% of the F1RFT2009 servers are password protected.(today: 45 RFT servers only 13 are PUBLIC)

Tracks and servers are NOT how you get new drivers it's trying to get the word out about NAR RACING LEAGUE
and the web site.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Yes, RFT Trackpack is a mix of diffrent tracks, but about RFT knows almost everyone these days, and most of drivers got their trackpack in one way or other, and you are right, our trackpack isn't private, my bad. I have never complained about 2 separate divisions, it's ok for me, the problem is too fill empty seats, and public serwer IS a way to get new drivers, same as a word in world and league website. Simple situation, guy comes to serwer, there he meets league drivers, they give him link to website, and if all is ok he joins, I joined NAR and DKS same way as I described right now.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Okay, since you want to discuss, let's discuss. Please don't take any of the following personally despite the fact that I'll be taking you as a representative example. You are not the only one in this situation but you show a willingness for discussion which is why I'm choosing you and why it's not really personal. As a know-nothing admin who's out to destroy this league (according to some people), I'm just meaning to understand things a bit better.

Facts:
  • In the 2008 season, you raced a total of 1 single race.
  • In the 2009 season, after participating in the first 8 races, you ran only 1 race from then to the end of the season.
  • In the last couple of years, more new drivers wanted to join NAR than EVER before. I know because I receive a copy of ALL "join league" messages from the NAR website (and that's not counting those who directly join the forum and ask here).
  • Despite this last item, more people quit through the season than came in.
Questions: Since you have first-hand experience, I'd like to know the reasoning behind the decision to (mostly) stop racing mid-season because "there's not enough drivers". I mean, clearly, that's not gonna help the situation and that would make you part of the problem, no? Despite all the fuss about what should be done to get new drivers, the real problem is to keep the drivers racing for the whole (or most of the) season. Other than shitting more new drivers (because it hurts when they come out! :shock: ), what could have been done to keep you racing past mid-season? Because if you did not quit then, maybe some others would not have quit either because then there would have been more drivers around. I'd really like to know, because there were 8 drivers for the last two Euro races last season and if the quitters like you had not quit, it would have raised the total to a dozen or so which, while not great, would have been at least decent and more interesting for everyone, you included...
2010 NA div. Admin
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

I retired the league in May if I'm correct, becouse of 2 things. In February I also joined DKS league and payed tax for race there, in Poland school year ends in June, In May I had too much too learn to continoue racing in both leagues, so deciced to stay there where I payed money. If not that, I'm sure i would stay until end of season in NAR, and overall I started in 9/17 races which is not bad comparing to some other drivers. Didn't join after school year becouse of 2 months of summer, and I wasn't in country for 1 month.
carrera

Post by carrera »

Wow,
Ok....first Thats the first I heard that Bilbo is trying to singlehandedly destroy NAR.I knew it all Along.Thats where Osama Bin Hidin is hiding.Eastern Canada.
Shoulda known that he'd have a book of Jaahad next to his bed.He's a Bloooody terrorist he is mum....

Ok enough severe sarcasm.I would like to put my 1 and a half cents canadian in.
There is no way to please everyone and these discussions are moot point don't you think?
The season is upon us and in summer and fall most of us in North America have other obligations(family or whatever)so we can't always make the race.
I am sure it is the same way for the Euros.
The best we can do is show up when we can.
I haven't had a day off in 35 days and I should be just bitchin up a storm, like I do every year before we start... then all is good...LOL...
The last year we did pretty good and the grid stayed over half full for quite a few races.Instead of doing my usual bitching this year I plan to just say.
"I'll do my best to be there".
Now I do remember this topic being about the 2010 season.Lets just keep it at that and once again thanx to both the euro and NA admins for being so patient as well.
As a good old friend of mine once said many years ago"It's not easy being cheezy"
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
philmax

Post by philmax »

I totally agree with u carera :D
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Okay Norbi, thanks for the informations. As I mentioned (and it may not have come out right, I apologize if that is so), that was not really personal and I leave the question open to anyone who would like to explain the "voluntary mid-season quit" reasoning to me. Feel free to contact me by PM if you like. That was a honest question and I'd really like to know because, well, it's not in my character to leave before the end of anything unless the roof is on fire (insert music here) and I'm the last one standing, or the boredom is just getting physically painful.

The first race is in two weeks now, time to get excited now if you are not already! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin