"NEW" Silverstone is GO

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
rich54

"NEW" Silverstone is GO

Post by rich54 »

'Arena' layout gets green light for 2010 British GP
This year's British grand prix will feature Silverstone's new 760 metre 'Arena' loop.
In the middle of the existing lap, the new layout features a bowl-style arena in the infield, located to the right of the current Maggots/Becketts/Chapel complex.
The Arena layout sweeps to the right after the straight following the Club corner, rather than left for the Abbey chicane and the run to Bridge.
Also missing is the Priory left-hander, the new circuit instead reconnecting with the existing layout for the tight Luffield curve before the run to the start-finish.
Silverstone Circuits Limited said the Arena layout, at an apparent cost of 5 million pounds sterling, will be used for July's F1 race, following "approval from Formula One Management".
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: "NEW" Silverstone is GO

Post by Bilbo »

2010 NA div. Admin
gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

I have to say that i like it.. I hope it will look even better when it will be finished.

cheers!
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

great more work!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Another historic track they start to screw up. :? Most likely it will be completely repaved as well making it more towards a new modern track.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Steve

Post by Steve »

dutch power wrote:Another historic track they start to screw up. :? Most likely it will be completely repaved as well making it more towards a new modern track.

I agree Dutchie, why must Bernie mess with things that have worked for years????
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Craig Cookson
Favorite team: NAR

Post by Craig Cookson »

dutch power wrote:Another historic track they start to screw up. :? Most likely it will be completely repaved as well making it more towards a new modern track.
I agree. Plus I read that these changes will "create three new overtaking places". I can't find them on the layout, but perhaps i am stooopid.

Anyway, whilst they're in the mood for changing tracks "for the better", can they drop a bomb on the Hungaroring please?
ForthRight
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

why so pessimistic :P i think it might be cool, ill miss priory as it was my favoruite corner of the track but...yeah.

mark, you need to repave things - normal roads tend to last 20 years :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand