Continuation of the tracks discussion...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Fred

Continuation of the tracks discussion...

Post by Fred »

...and I'm not giving in. I want at least a vote about what kind of tracks we are gonna use next year. I don't know how to do a poll, so if someone could help me it would be great.
Two alternatives would be good, one that is called "Public tracks" and the other one "Steve B tracks".

Cheers :)
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Dan Rasmusson

Re: Continuation of the tracks discussion...

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

We can have an open vote here.

I vote for Public tracks to get more people on the servers.

(Nothing personal Steve)
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I already said I don't care what tracks are used.

IMHO using public tracks won't get more drivers just more idiots joining the server who aren't serious about
racing they just goof around.
I have been on public servers many times and these are the types of guys who join them.

If NAR uses public tracks that means less work for me and more time for me to spend with my family.

IMHO if you want to get more drivers it isn't the tracks that will get them, using a more popular mod is what will get us more drivers
to join.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

What if SteveB's tracks become public? :shock: :shock: :P
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

looking for more Drivers is always good, will be great to have atleast 12 drivers evry Race,
for Drivers to join our Server we need an open server, and that what we dont have now.
Question is who can Host a open server for Narleague evry day.
i will be getting next mounth an new update for my internet, download 30 mb and upload 3mb,
so i can Host for Narleague when is so far, But only when i am at Home, it means after 18:00 Europe time.

what we also can do is using public tracks for testing (Practice) and And Races with Steve B Tracks.

All Steve B Tracks is good with Fuel and PC Friendly, so for Races their the best.

means the 1 or 2 weeks before Races we use Public tracks, so we see if we can recrute Drivers,
and the server must Change to Steve B Track wednesday or thursday for practice for Race.
the server from Bilbo is always on with the Race track what we gonna use, but it will be with Pass.
So the main thing is who can Host all day an open Server with public Tracks.

and what also good is, we have now 15 drivers, if all come Practice atleast 2 times in a week and all do their best to be on all Races, we will have a full Server, when other drivers see a full server they will Join.
So do u guys best to be on all Races.

We can Plan a test (Practice day) , let say wednesday and friday evry week Time 20:00 or 21:00.
like that we have more peaple on the server and other drivers will see and join.

Another Thing Steve B Tracks Public i think will be also a good idea, 8)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Ingo wrote: what we also can do is using public tracks for testing (Practice) and And Races with Steve B Tracks.
Well everybody in NAR would probably practice at Steve's tracks all the time then, leaving the public track server empty. And then no people would join that server, just because it's empty.
And I do think having public tracks would bring more drivers, because it's a bigger chance that people will already have the track on the public server, because if you have a Monza track installed, ISI for instance, and we are running an F1 C conversion, I don't think many people would look through a website for a track, but simply find another Monza server with the ISI track instead.

All I'm asking is a voting, but no one, except Dan, seems interested in that :?
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

FredN wrote:
Ingo wrote: what we also can do is using public tracks for testing (Practice) and And Races with Steve B Tracks.
Well everybody in NAR would probably practice at Steve's tracks all the time then, leaving the public track server empty. And then no people would join that server, just because it's empty.
And I do think having public tracks would bring more drivers, because it's a bigger chance that people will already have the track on the public server, because if you have a Monza track installed, ISI for instance, and we are running an F1 C conversion, I don't think many people would look through a website for a track, but simply find another Monza server with the ISI track instead.

All I'm asking is a voting, but no one, except Dan, seems interested in that :?
First off all u start a Discussion Topic, second i am not gonna Vote cause i dont mind what Track we use.
i would like ofcourse that we get alot off Drivers, so i am glad that u trying to get more drivers on servers.
and u write Drivers would join the server with Steve B tracks if we have a server open with pass, we also can wait with the Race server. and open it 3 days before Race.
And dont forget u start a Discusion Topic, dont get mad and get me wrong about this.
All Drivers can Vote if they want.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Ingo wrote:
First off all u start a Discussion Topic, second i am not gonna Vote cause i dont mind what Track we use.
And dont forget u start a Discusion Topic, dont get mad and get me wrong about this.
Who's mad?? :? I started a discussion topic, this one, and I said that I don't know how to make a poll so I need help with it by some one who knows. I assumed that we could have a poll since I thought that everyone can have their say here, not only the admins, but I'm starting to doubt it. So I'm gonna ask again, one last time:

Can someone help me put up a poll? I don't know how to do it, so please help me.

An answer to that question would be appreciated...
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

FredN wrote:
Ingo wrote:
Who's mad?? :? I started a discussion topic, this one, and I said that I don't know how to make a poll so I need help with it by some one who knows. I assumed that we could have a poll since I thought that everyone can have their say here, not only the admins, but I'm starting to doubt it. So I'm gonna ask again, one last time:

Can someone help me put up a poll? I don't know how to do it, so please help me.

An answer to that question would be appreciated...

ill get back on this, gonna start the Poll later on,

cheers
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Well im totaly with Fred on this one, i think having a simple sever up with some basic tracks wich are already present in the game like Nurburgring, Silverstone, Spain that makes it much easyer for drivers to join our servers and give it a shot. Ofcourse you will get idiots on the server thats normal with public servers, still you have admin function so you can always take action when its needed. The point Fred and me want to make here is the problem when you have that you first need to download a track somewhere, install it before you can drive. That spoiled my fun as well many times when i had to download a track before i could join public servers i wanted to take part on. When someone downloads the popular mod he wants to drive it imediatly without complications.

Tracks can always be discused, ofcourse there will be public tracks who are not good enough then we can still use a steve track instead. Still having public tracks also allow him to get more track time and a bit more rest when needed. It should be a mix of the best tracks togheter i think but ok.

About grid field size next year, i just saw that Ingo mentioned he would be happy with a 12 driver atendance each race lol,.. next year we have 13 teams meaning 26 seats....... well im going to do a full year next year and i want each race atleast 20 drivers on the damned grid!!! So most likely it means reqruiting, and that means having a 24h server up. Im in talks with someone and with a bit of luck i can provide a 24H server. Time to change some stuff and get some more activiness again. :D
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

keep 1 thing in mind i am not against public tracks, i say already i dont mindt what tracks we have

and Mark what i mean about 12 drivers is that it would be great that we have atleast 12 drivers on Grid, we are now about 15 drivers if all do their best and come to Races we will have enough on Grid, and ofcours will be great to get More drivers.

and keep in mind that it means that its possible that Euro and Na will be again on difrent Level, in this case tracks.
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Jackson

Post by Jackson »

ok
im not for a final decision. we should use that track which is the best track. sometimes steve b´s tracks are the best choice and sometimes other tracks. i guess you all remember the f1c tracks ;)

so we should do a poll before every race to get the perfect track.
furthermore im for it that euro and na devisions are independent in terms of mod and tracks like in 2008
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

No password on server = More Drivers :) I think this is no matter what track we will use. All evil is password :D
And there is another side of coin :) No password = more stupid drivers who crash 50% grid in first corner :) We must make some casting :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

I think we should use Steve B tracks as are main race day track as they all ready now and steve has fine tuned them.
No matter what tracks we use it wont increase numbers to are drivers.

We all need to be online more Practicing or racing so people want to join a busy server.
I say this because at the second half of the season when in went online there was hardly anyone online practising on NAR server anymore but when i first join NAR there was at least 5 to 6 driver online most evenings.

Also guys when you are on a public server it wont hurt for you to try and find drivers talk to them see if they want to join NAR
Just an idea

I vote for steve b tracks for main race and practice ! and if people are serious about racing in our league and not just wasiting are time they wouldnt mind downloading steve tracks from our web page

But running a public server with public tracks wont hurt as long as we run a popular mod which i think was the problem this year not many people like the mmg Mod ( Dont know why?)
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

timothy harrison

Post by timothy harrison »

Hey guys I know I'm new here, but if I could put in my two cents on the topic? I have to agree with Steve B that open servers do invite a lot of drivers that don't really care and have nothing to lose when they enter an open server. I have raced with other leagues that tried the same exact thing and they only brought in 2 new drivers, and that was only because there was only 2 worthy of running with. Basically a driver will come into the room ask for a set-up run a few laps (decent/or wreckless) than exit the room. It's worth a try if you guys need closure on the topic, but really if a driver was interested in joining they would contact the website as I did. You could include the website address on the NAR link to the server within Rfactor. I'll of course support whatever decision the league decides.

Timothy
Steve

Post by Steve »

I think we also need to be more active on Race Sim Central forums, and rfactorcental/simraceway forums trying to recruit more drivers, it really sucks to drive 75% o a race all alone, usually after the first 10 laps, the only time I see another driver is when I'm getting lapped, lol. Races are DAMNED boring when you're alone on the track, regardless if your in 1st place, or last...

We have a good, fun, helpful group of guys here, it would be a lot more fun if there were a LOT more of us.....
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I had posted our NAR league on the rFactor Central website at the begining of the 09 season.
I just checked it to make sure it was still there...LOL

Now the only problem we have is that the NAR main web site is still down.

What I wish is that the drivers that sign up at the begining of the season stay all season long and that never seems to happen.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

Very true Steverino, life gets in the way of fun sometimes I guess, but it would be nice to get consistent large grids eh? maybe a few months before the season ,we can start a major recruiting campaign !!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Actually, both divisions are often close to full grids at the start of seasons. One of the problems is that people ask for seats then just don't race (for whatever reason) or quit after a few races (again, for whatever reason). Usually without bothering to tell anyone about it too (that's why there is now a rule about losing your seat due to missing races, so that we can now at least give the seat in a reasonable time frame to someone else who hopefully can/wants to race).

The middle and end of seasons are more of a problem than the start of season, for a variety of reasons and many of which are outside of the league's control. There's not much we can do to compete against summer vacations and sunny summer weekends, for example. :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin