Winter FunRacing Changed to Mod testing

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Winter FunRacing Changed to Mod testing

Post by Bilbo »

If anyone has their antivirus (Antivir in particular) complaining about potential viruses in the telemetry stuff included with the mod, then they are definitely false positives.

Take a look at these links for proof:
f1_telemetry.exe: https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/a40 ... 1262895423
telemetry.exe: https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/cbf ... 1264582579
(You can have them rescanned yourselves if you want. For reference, VirusTotal is often used as an easy reference for both pir8s (who often get stuff from untrusted sources) and security experts (who don't trust any source without checking it first))

The first file is the old FindTheLimit (FTL) telemetry app which is byte-for-byte identical to the one I've personally been using for years and that I've made go through at least 3 different antiviruses on my own and years of updates of same. The second file is the installer for the first. I can't compare it to my own as I haven't kept mine but the above report pretty much clears it anyways. I guess that the heuristic algorithms of some antiviruses don't like the fact that the application contains code to send the telemetry of your fast laps back to the FTL site when you ask it to (that was the whole point of FTL!). Some members here still exhibit their FTL ranking in their signature (although it is less common now than in the F1 Challenge 99-02 days).
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server's name has been changed to reflect its new objective but it's still allowed to have fun! :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

ok first evaluation

to start off, i just copied the files into the folder and chose "do not replace", and it worked fine.

as for the mod, firstly its a 2009 mod (and quite a ugly one at that) with the opiton of pitstops for fuel being removed. actually, there is no option to plan stops for tyres either - wonder how that will pan out. OK just tested this. You can just pit, and the fuel is set to 0 by default. so if you want to, you can add whatever fuel load you want during your inlap and still refuel during races. doesnt really feel thought through

secondly, i personally dislike what ive felt so far with the physics. i feel it suffers from the same thing as mmg did, you cant balance the car. if you add to much throttle, it wants to spin. i can save it, but it messes everything up and you lose a lot of time. if you dont overthrottle, its very stable. I think its a matter of the settings for power while turning. so, for me, i kinda dislike it in the same way i kinda dislike mmg - you dont get the option to drive it at the limit in a fun way. Its just a matter of dont pushing the throttle too much, and nothing else.

as for the balance, i cant find it too well. not done too much testing but theres only that much you can do in fast corners (silverstone first sector), and that all comes down to aerodynamical setup. i ended up with a hint of understeer from a setting of 46(50 max) front and 26 rear. and it still felt understeery. So i cant se how they were thinking here, imo you should have the option to balance the car for the fast stuff and not run out of front wing while doing it. once again, doesnt seem too thought through

so for the graphics - rft09 looks much better, and they seem to be based on roughly the same stuff. plus this is beta, so god knows when we finally get a final version

physics - to sum it up, its just like mmg - you cant drive it on the limit. im comparing here to rft09 as that is the mod i personally like the most, trying not to be biased as it was the first one i tested, but its imo way superior. rft lets yo balance the car, and if it starts to swap ends you can correct it with the wheel in a "normal" manner and not lose time - in this mod you can not.

so if i were to choose it would be a no brainer - this mod is very very inferior in comparison. rft feels better in all aeras, and a lot better.

if someone was testing rft and found it difficult, just contact me and ill send a setup.

baseline, i dont like what this mod does to my driving style - and it does what mmg did - you end up with a steering wheel not moving or correcting - and when you need to correct, its alredy a big timeloss and things has gotten really out of hand. i much prefer the rft-style where you constantly need to make small corrections - and these are easy to make - with the wheel and my hands moving all the time. now, this doesnt have to be the case, its just that you have the option to push it and do that. in this mod, you dont. from what ive felt so far.

so lets go with the mainstream, better and final version one, thats my feeling so far!

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT EDIT
EDIT : when fred tried to install this mod just recently (the thing bilbo packed) his norton acted and now he has to reinstall rfactor, so be careful!!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

hehe maby i came off a bit hash, i feel this is a ok but avarage mod with areas to improve
i feel rft09 is the best one ive driven in all the years of rfactor.
thats the difference.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Thanks Kaff.
Very detailed indeed.

Is the RFT 09 mod available at rFactor central??
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

I would also give a + to rft09 mod. Its realy nice looking, and have quite good physic. Rft09 mod is not avalible on rfactorcentral.

You can get it here..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=836VHP5S <---Mod
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TZOQ5GJQ <--- Update
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Thank you for the links gregor vodicar :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Post by Avatar »

gregor vodicar wrote:I would also give a + to rft09 mod. Its realy nice looking, and have quite good physic. Rft09 mod is not avalible on rfactorcentral.

You can get it here..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=836VHP5S <---Mod
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TZOQ5GJQ <--- Update
Second official update is here,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43DMINF7
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

avatar, how does it feel to be famous?
i've not seen you yet, something tells me im not gonna like it too much. heard your plot was a bit weak :)

Post by Avatar »

kaffemaskin wrote:avatar, how does it feel to be famous?
i've not seen you yet, something tells me im not gonna like it too much. heard your plot was a bit weak :)
lol

I've seen myself, and to be honest i wasn't very impressed. I mean i looked great and all that, but the rest of me was sadly lacking..
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

lol

I've seen myself, and to be honest i wasn't very impressed. I mean i looked great and all that, but the rest of me was sadly lacking..
you always look great :)
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Thanks for the link Kaff. :)

This RFT mod is looking SWEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!
I just don't like the sounds, maybe I will get used to them....lol
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

IF you have the F1RL2009 mod installed, use the sounds from it, MUCH better than F1RFT, I changed the .SFX files for each team in F1RFT, here are the .SFX files for each team, Drop them in the "2009" folder, and as always, back up the originals just in case you don't like these. I added a screenshot of where you should place these files....
Attachments
F1RFT.JPG
(94.59 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
RFT new sounds.zip
(27.64 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

You sounds are realy strange in rft09 mod. I use mmg07 sounds for all f1 mods(toyota sound) :D
gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

Will there ne any "test" server where we will drive with f1 cars? Which mod will be used in 2010 season? I think decition should be here soon, because season starts very soon.

Bye!
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

There has been one running the F1 2010 mod for almost a week now ("NAR Winter mod testing"). It will probably be switched to F1RFT 09 late tonight (EST). You're welcome to post your feedback on any of the mods you have tested.

The mod choice will be announced AT LEAST one month before the start of the NAR season. The 2010 NAR schedule is being finalized but, so far, it looks like we'll start together with the real F1 season (in 6 weeks).
2010 NA div. Admin
gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

Cool..

There is a ferrari f60 mod by LMT which is realy realistic. But only include Ferrari F60 (2009 f1 car), but i think it should not be problem to make skins for other teams here, if someone are making tracks :wink: (RESPECT for that :shock:) But we should test it first a lot, because mod is realy hard to drive..hardes sim i have ever tryed!

For now i think, that rft 2009 is best mod for now, but we should keep in mind that fsone is making 2009 mod either and i think it will be even better than rft09. They also promised that mod will include KERS system, but there is a problem, because fsone09 will be probobly relesed just before 2010 season starts or even a bit later. My opinion is stil to use rft 2009 but than switch to fsone after race or two if fsone will be better.

Also i would like to ask some thing about skins. Will we use original skins from mod we will use (rft,fsone,etc..) or will we use 2010 skins?

Bye!
Fred

Post by Fred »

gregor vodicar wrote:
There is a ferrari f60 mod by LMT which is realy realistic. But only include Ferrari F60 (2009 f1 car), but i think it should not be problem to make skins for other teams here, if someone are making tracks :wink: (RESPECT for that :shock:) But we should test it first a lot, because mod is realy hard to drive..hardes sim i have ever tryed!
I don't know if I would call that mod realistic. The car gets very upset for the slightest bump, even when you change gear you risk losing the car. If I remember this correctly, you can't even press foll throttle on third gear if you don't wanna risk spinning. The braking is also messed up, you almost need to counterbalance the braking with some throttle in order to get it right.
You get realistic times if you are good with the mod, but the handling is very unrealistic I think. Of course I've never driven an F1 car in real life, but this just seems wrong IMO. If people think RFT 2009 has low grip in slow corners, they should try the LMT mod. After doing that, they will think RFT has the most grip ever...

But I agree with that we should use RFT. It's the best mod available, unless Fsone will release their mod soon. It's just that we should not wait too long to decide, so people who feel they need a lot of practice can start practicing.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Fred

Post by Fred »

kaffemaskin wrote:
lol

you always look great :)
Gay...
Once you go Mac, you never go back.