Winter FunRacing Changed to Mod testing

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Steve

Re: Winter FunRacing

Post by Steve »

I will more than likely not make it to tomorrows ( Jan 10th ) race, going to a friends to watch NFL Playoffs on a 50 inch 1080P plasma, hehe
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

Hi..

I think i will come on race today. Is it possible to invite my friend on race? He's fair and quite fast.

See you on race;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

I won't make the race today, but I did a lot of practicing on the track, here is a setup I made that works well, I managed a few 13.xxx laps with it.
Attachments
Joesville1.zip
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

gregor vodicar wrote:Is it possible to invite my friend on race? He's fair and quite fast.
Of course. Feel free to give him the "test" password or point him to this thread. There's a reason why this thread is posted in the Public rather than Private section! :wink:
Steve wrote:...here is a setup I made that works well...
Thanks! I hope you get to watch a good game today!
2010 NA div. Admin
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Sorry guys wont be racing tonight my xp had a config error which i fixed with a format of hard drive.
So i had to reinstall every thing :( but I am waiting to here if trymedia will give me some more activations so i can get rfactor back :( sent email today so should here back monday hopefully

sorry guys :(

Mr G
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

hard but fun race.. Mark folow me all the time in 2nd stint..i was realy surprised on his speed after few laps, because he was getting faster and faster.. like he have fresh tires all the time..but at the end he didn't catch me son enaugh:)

Hope to see you guys next week on A1 :wink:
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... eedway.zip (2.5MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Congrats to Gregor Vodicar for the win and thanks to all who participated! That was good fun while it lasted!
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files for the NAR Winter Fun Event #6 can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... 0_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... 0_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... INGV20.zip (4.6MB, contains race and qual. replays)

Congrats to Mark Aalberts for the win and thanks to all who participated! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

sorry guys i had visit,
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Please can someone upload headlight fix as I keep trying link but it keeps saying too many users try later :evil:
Ive been trying for 2 days now :x

Steve

Post by Steve »

Here is the whole track WITH headlight fix :D http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFGUGWID
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Cheers Steve :D

Steve

Post by Steve »

No problem m8!! By the way, I won't be making this race either, will be watching the football playoff games again.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files for the NAR Winter Fun Event #7 can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... x_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... x_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Phlfix.zip (3.6MB, contains race and qual. replays)

Congrats to Mark Aalberts for the "win" and thanks to all who participated! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

In order to get more feedback about this mod, we'll be using the F1 2010 mod in the Winter events for some time. Feel free to post comments about this mod in the 2010 mod discussion thread.

Please note that installing this mod will overwrite some of the original rF files (including the exe itself!) so it's a good idea to make a backup of your whole rFactor directory before installing, or just install it on a new rF-Lite installation. I've repacked the F1 2010 v0.95 mod and its dependencies (F1 2009 v4.2) in a single zip file but without the F1 2009 track pack (and the replacement exe that you don't need) for convenience and a smaller download (just extract into your rFactor directory, overwrite existing files). CLICK HERE TO GET MY REPACKED F1 2010 v0.95. (If this link does not work, then you'll have to do the full installation by yourself from the official link below or ask someone else who got the repack to upload it somewhere else as I won't.)

Server name: NAR Winter Fun #8 Practice
IP: 66.131.119.149
Mod: F1 2010 v0.95 TEST
Track: ISI Northamptonshire (British GP layout, rFactor built-in track)
Race laps: 15
Join password: none
Admin password: nar

Note: If you don't see the server on the first try, click the refresh button a few times or use the IP address.

Notice the lack of a join password. By all means, feel free to enjoy the server as much as you want but realize that the server is STILL on a capped connection (monthly quota) so, please, no "sleeping" in the server (i.e. spending hours connected but doing nothing. YES, some people do that!). Thanks for your cooperation and have fun!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well, I'll bow out of the winter races if we have to jump through hoops to install a mod. Why would they make a mod that over writes core files?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Steve wrote:Well, I'll bow out of the winter races if we have to jump through hoops to install a mod.
I've done the repack to minimize the hassle (I've taken out the exe so nobody mistakenly replaces it), you just have to extract it into your rFactor directory and you're done. Still, it's a good idea to make a backup as I haven't checked that all file conflicts were resolved (it may still replace some sounds, for example, but it could also just be overwriting the file(s) with (an) identical one(s) just to make sure you have them so maybe it makes no difference, I just don't know). If you have enough space left on your disk, doing a backup can be as simple as right-clicking your rFactor directory and selecting "Send To -> Compressed Folder" (which will create a zip archive) or dragging the folder with the right-mouse button and selecting "Copy Here"...
Why would they make a mod that over writes core files?
I probably hate THAT even more than you do, believe me! (and don't even get me started about every other mod that feels the need to (complaint #1) completely change the interface (complaint #2) to something uglier than was ever done before!). Still, right now, the point is in juding the "core" merits of the mod (as in physics, etc.) as the irritating stuff could be worked around relatively easily if there's enough interest in the core...
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Re: Winter FunRacing Changed to Mod testing

Post by Coffeemachine »

just a question, why not test rft09?
i must admit it kinda scares me if this one is gonna start replacing files, no way for me to smoothly make a safety of my rf folder its huuge :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

kaffemaskin wrote:just a question, why not test rft09?
Who said we won't? Actually, we have more feedback about rft09 at this time than about F1 2010 so that's why it's f1 2010. BTW, this in no way implies anything about the coming mod choice, it's just "data/opinion gathering" at this point.
i must admit it kinda scares me if this one is gonna start replacing files, no way for me to smoothly make a safety of my rf folder its huuge :)
You always have the option of making a new rF-Lite installation (you just have to copy your Trymedia folder before and copy it back after installation so you don't have to reactivate, this process is documented at RSC, among others). I haven't checked but rF-Lite + my repack of F1 2010 + a few tracks should still be under or close to 1GB. You can copy your old PLR and controller.ini files over to save time on configuration, same for the few tracks we'll be running if you already have them.
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Bilbo wrote: You always have the option of making a new rF-Lite installation (you just have to copy your Trymedia folder before and copy it back after installation so you don't have to reactivate, this process is documented at RSC, among others). I haven't checked but rF-Lite + my repack of F1 2010 + a few tracks should still be under or close to 1GB. You can copy your old PLR and controller.ini files over to save time on configuration, same for the few tracks we'll be running if you already have them.
yeah, that was the "smoothly" part. thx, was just wondering
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand