Winter FunRacing Changed to Mod testing

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Snake

Re: Winter FunRacing Changed to Mod testing

Post by Snake »

From the latest F1 mods, I like RFT 2009 most, or should I say that I hate it the least. However, RFT 2009's sounds are absolutely horrible.
Upon acceleration from a standstill the sound starts off nicely, a bit throaty, and then suddenly goes off to a high crescendo
bee-in-a-box buzzing that does my head in as fast as the car accelerates from 0-60mph. That is, very fast.
If we use RFT 2009, I propose we change sounds, as someone else too already suggested on the forum.

Are we confined to the F1 mods that model the most recent F1 cars? If "no", then there are other, old-school mods, like
the recently announced WCP 1997 mod. I do like it, the cars handle just beautifully. Give it a shot if you haven't already, even if it can't be
considered for our use in NAR.

//S
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I believe the sounds can be replaced without MM. Not sure about the car skins, I think I've often seen something about weird MM due to skins but that could be for the GTR-GTL-GTR2-Race07-like sims, not sure...

In any case, don't judge a mod by its sounds!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

I posted a sound update in an earlier post, it is the sound from the F1RL 2009 mod,you must have that mod installed for the sounds to work, to ME, they sound great. Maybe you won't like them, but I do :mrgreen:
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Snake

Post by Snake »

Steve wrote:I posted a sound update in an earlier post, it is the sound from the F1RL 2009 mod,you must have that mod installed for the sounds to work, to ME, they sound great. Maybe you won't like them, but I do :mrgreen:
Sure, I'll have to give it a shot, thanks!

//S
gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDVzbhWqIA

I use sounds which i used in that video..So if anyone like'd them, tell me and i will upload it somewhere.

Bye!
Steve

Post by Steve »

gregor vodicar wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDVzbhWqIA

I use sounds which i used in that video..So if anyone like'd them, tell me and i will upload it somewhere.

Bye!

Oh HELL YEAH Gregor, post them !! awesome sounds m8 :)
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Server name: NAR Winter Mod Testing
IP: 66.131.119.149
Mod: F1RFT 2009 + Update + 2nd Update (a.k.a. Update_1)
Track: ISI Northamptonshire (British GP layout, rFactor built-in track)
Race laps: 15
Join password: none
Admin password: nar

Note: If you don't see the server on the first try, click the refresh button a few times or use the IP address.
2010 NA div. Admin
gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

Steve wrote:
gregor vodicar wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaDVzbhWqIA

Bye!

Oh HELL YEAH Gregor, post them !! awesome sounds m8 :)
will do it today ;)
gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

FIrst you have to download this, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETVM73Y7 unrar, and than pase GameData folder into rfactor directory.

Than go to:
C:\ProgramFiles\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\F1RFT2009\2009
where you will find difrent .sfx files. Open them with notebook and change all what is in it with this what is in f1_2009_BMW.doc (copy-paste)
You can change sounds for all teams or just for the one you want.

If you will need more feedback, just ask :wink:
Attachments
f1_2009_BMW.doc
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

Just one more thing..race distance will be on 100% right? Fuel and tyre wear on normal?

See ya
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

gregor vodicar wrote:Just one more thing..race distance will be on 100% right? Fuel and tyre wear on normal?
Yes on all counts. While the rules page on the NAR website has not yet been updated for 2010, it will still pretty much apply without much change.

Thanks a lot for the sounds, I can't wait to try them!
2010 NA div. Admin
Fred

Post by Fred »

So we're not gonna drive hotlaps in qualifying as they do this year?
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Fred wrote:So we're not gonna drive hotlaps in qualifying as they do this year?
for me, im quite happy with the way qualy worked last year - and it saves the hazzle of having to make two setups
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Fred wrote:So we're not gonna drive hotlaps in qualifying as they do this year?
The top 10 drivers will also (very likely) have to start the race on the same tyres that they used in qualy...

That said, the few comments we've had since we switched to the "current" (until said otherwise) qualy system (parc ferme/6 laps/30 minutes max.) were generally positive. I personally believe it's a good compromise for the many issues about qualifying. If you (or anyone) want to change things around (rules or qualy/race format or whatever) that were not already discussed, NOW would be a very good time to discuss them before we make things official for 2010. Just remember that most things have evolved to what they are today for a reason so a better reason would have to be found to change them, particularly after the season starts.
2010 NA div. Admin
Fred

Post by Fred »

Bilbo wrote:
That said, the few comments we've had since we switched to the "current" (until said otherwise) qualy system (parc ferme/6 laps/30 minutes max.) were generally positive. I personally believe it's a good compromise for the many issues about qualifying. If you (or anyone) want to change things around (rules or qualy/race format or whatever) that were not already discussed, NOW would be a very good time to discuss them before we make things official for 2010. Just remember that most things have evolved to what they are today for a reason so a better reason would have to be found to change them, particularly after the season starts.
Sure, I'm fine with any system. I was just thinking that we used the parc ferme rules since they did it in real life, and that we are gonna change now when they change. But if it saves trouble by continuing using the parc ferme rules we should stick with it :) After all, we will most likely drive an 2009 season mod, so it will be more real.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

just one option about qualy format which i would like the most.

It would be like 2 qualy pars.. 1st we can do in practice 4 (long like 10mins) where we qualy withou fuel and fresh tires (hotlaps)..and there should not be any lap limit.

2nd part would be qualy sesion where only top 10 drivers may drive but with parc ferme:)

Drivers who didnt reach top 10 start race with fresh tires and fuel how much they want..

One more thing i will write in NAR private, because that should not be writen here i asume.

See you
gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

I just figure it out how we can change fuel tank capacity, so i would preffer to use 2010 system. Hotlaps in qualy and than forbiten load fuel during race. So we start with 240l of fuel and we are only alowed to change tyres during race.

just my opinion..

See you!
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

gregor vodicar wrote:I just figure it out how we can change fuel tank capacity, so i would preffer to use 2010 system. Hotlaps in qualy and than forbiten load fuel during race. So we start with 240l of fuel and we are only alowed to change tyres during race.
Given a choice, it is MUCH better to use an unmodified mod... Also, I kinda have reservations about using a fixed fuel load for everyone. We all know that setup and driving style affect the fuel consumption so why penalize someone who would try to get an advantage on fuel economy? I mean if someone can get away with some less fuel than others, all the better for him, no? On a fixed fuel load, that driver would actually be penalized by having a heavier car at the end of the race, that does not sound correct to me...
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Also, editing the .HDV file would cause online MM with the open server which IMO would lessen the chance of
getting new members/drivers.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

gregor vodicar

Post by gregor vodicar »

I think you missunderstand what i wanted to tell. I didnt mean fixed setups like that everyone have to start with exacly same fuel capacity. I just fixed mod like that we can fuel tank up to 250liters. I aslo think drivers who drive more economic will have even bigger advantage because they will start with lets say 210l, the one who is not economic will have to start with 230l..

About missimatches.. I think until now everyone who are not in nar had mm, but server alowes mm. I can also make patch with old hdv file, which is anyway already needed for other servers because almost all public servers dont use last update.

With this fixed hdv we can use rules like they will be used in real 2010 season, and reality is one of the main things which all leagues are looking for.

see you!