Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Winter FunRacing

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... g_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... g_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... rkLong.zip (3.5MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Congrats to Slipstream Snake for the "win" and thanks to all who participated!
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I made pretty much all the mistakes that I could on lap 1 and bent the car's suspension. I tried to have it repaired but it was not really driveable... :(

The fight between Gregor and Snake was coming up pretty good until the crash. It's looking good for the coming races... It also looks like Gregor is another one of those fast European drivers! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
gregor vodicar
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by gregor vodicar »

Oval track? :D
Snake

Post by Snake »

Yeah it was pretty intense, unfortunately I lost it in the flat-out S1, the car swung back to the track and I crashed with Gregor who had been glued to my rear wing for laps.
Sorry Gregor for that, nothing intentional. Great racing until the crash, mate.

//S
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

gregor vodicar wrote:Oval track? :D
yeaaa OVAL TRACK, must be easy to setup, :D just use the throtle and wheel, and dont forget to do pits on time gheheh. :)
carrera

Post by carrera »

My QUalifying sucked do to small little mistakes costing me.But thatw as ok.
Did great on the first lap then slightly missed my turn in point at the first corner,touched the grass and went into the wall.I limped around to the pits but of course I forgot.Repairs mean virtual repairs as in"repairs are just a figment of your imagination...LOL"...Not driveable after that but still had a blast tryin.
An oval?...ok this could be interesting.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I just realized that I won't be able to race this Sunday due to a family event (I knew it was on the 27th but I had not realized that was a Sunday until now :oops: ). I'll still be able to host the race (I'll set things up before I leave) but I won't be around to help if anything happens.

Given that I had spent some time to prepare for this race, I've attached my current setup in case anyone is interested. I've done 55.050 with it (just drive it low/on the white line all around). Fuel should be close to good but may need a 1-liter adjustment one way or another (it hasn't been tested in the draft though). Just be careful when leaving the banking to pit because this set does NOT turn very well on the more level sections.
Attachments
w09-Bilbo-8.zip
(1.21 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

tnx bilbo, have fun with ure family. :)
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

well i think am not make it for the race tonight, going out in a few hours, and might be late when i get back home.

if there is not enough peaple we canpospone this Race till next sunday.

what u guys think,

cyaaa 8)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Since I was really prepared for this race (for once) but will end up missing it, I'd like to race it next week but don't postpone the race just for me.
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Well, as far as I can tell from the server logs, NOBODY even TRIED (or managed?) to connect to the server so I'd suggest to try next week on the same track (but that's just me). Anybody seconds?
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Bilbo wrote:Well, as far as I can tell from the server logs, NOBODY even TRIED (or managed?) to connect to the server so I'd suggest to try next week on the same track (but that's just me). Anybody seconds?
yup good idea, am in for that, :)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Works for me, although, maybe we should try a shorter oval, as you are redlining pretty much 100% of the time at this track, lol. Might be a lot of overheating issues. I wish you could set higher gear ratios with this mod. My max speed was I believe 163 MPH on this track. That is with 1-1 f/r wings.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

You can cut an additional half-second (or so) per laps by adjusting the setup further than just dropping the wings, although THAT is the biggest/easiest adjustment (worth roughly 2 seconds by itself). No overheating issues for me with the rads at 2 (you're going fast enough that heat is not much of a problem although the engine WILL die from it with the rads at 1).

A shorter track (maybe a 1/2-mile or a track that required more technique than keeping the pedal to the metal all the way around) would possibly make for a more involved race (although the 41 laps would maybe go by even faster) but I was actually pretty curious as to what the "dynamics" of the race would be given the car/setup limitations. Not sure either how the draft would play with these cars. The setup I posted above was mostly made for racing alone, no draft testing was done so it's only worth so much on this kind of track...
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Maybe Joesville? or Bristol ( from NASCAR )? That would be a blast, but we would need to up the laps to make it worthwhile for sure, maybe a 100 lapper..
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Steve wrote:Maybe Joesville? or Bristol ( from NASCAR )? That would be a blast, but we would need to up the laps to make it worthwhile for sure, maybe a 100 lapper..
well sounds good to me, :)

we can test it to see
Steve

Post by Steve »

I did some laps on the server, and i think this will be a very fun race, so let's try to get a LOT of drivers!!! I added 10 AI, and started a race, it was a blast. I started from the back and was trying to work my way up front, good stuff!!!
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

yea looks great, a bit short but fun to drive, front right tyre geting Yelow here but further no problem,
carrera

Post by carrera »

Short Oval?
Count me in.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks for the feedback, I guess that will be it then... 8)
2010 NA div. Admin