2009 NAR RoC (Canada), post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

2009 NAR RoC (Canada), post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

Please post your race-related comments in this thread.
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: 2009 NAR RoC (Canada), post your comments here...

Post by Racer »

setups was not working forme, :(
but it was a fun driving for the laps i did, untill i saw a Wall crossing the track, and it was over. :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Lost control in the 2nd chicane, and found the wall :cry: But had a fun battle with Ingo for a few laps ... :D
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I got a decent start, keeping up with SteveB for the first couple of laps until either he (early) or I (late) missed the braking at the pit chicane so I made a cut there to prevent hitting him, allowing Kalimero (who was right behind me) to pass in the process. I was trying to keep up with them when, on lap 9, I touched the grass in the first chicane and spun. I had the car "repaired" but that was not a nice track to run with a broken suspension so I felt it was just safer for everyone if I parked the car and let the better drivers race... :oops:

Thanks to everyone who participated, it (and the practice before) was fun while it lasted! 8)

See you at the winter events! :twisted:
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

that was lonely :(
mark was doing some alien stuff, i had one hope and that was to be close the first lap and overtake him at the back straight with my ridicilously low wings :D - but steveB made sure that didnt happen! grr

funnily enough i got a weird problem where the speakers would stop working when i hit the brakes, and simoultainliously my brakes started failing. so there were some weird laps before the second pitstop, and at pit entry the right brake disc just failed and i brushed the wall...then coming out, the car swapped ends when i nudged the brake pedal :) hehe, and i was driving cautiously in the braking zones - didnt work at all. maby more wings next time, 13 rear is a bit...hard on the equipment!

fun while it lasted, hope we can do some winter stuff!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

jeje i drove last 10 laps without brakes,..... must have been Carrera, yes yes,... im sure he must have thrown a few brakes dwarfs to mess up the Euro drivers. :mrgreen: Thanks C , but this time not lol managed to bring it home with 10 laps to go and no front brakes it was survival driving lol but luckily managed to bring it home with engine braking and not stressing the rear brakes to much. Was constantly looking at the rear brakes and even they moved up to 1500C" lol so was afraid would loose those as well.

Reason for my early pace was more that i was pushing like hell, i suspected Kaffe to be on a 2 stop so i needed to make up atleast around 20 secs in order to make up my extra pitstop time as i was doing a 3 stopper. Nice race and now its time for some relaxing and waiting till the new season starts. Cya next year guys. :wink:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
My appologizes to Juan for the hit. My bad

Did not get much damage car was drivable and had a good fight with my Honda Teammate for a lot of laps.
But I kept hacking and losing concentration and with about 15 laps to go the wall of Champions got me went in for damage but it did not repair it much and the car was just not drivable so I Parked it.

Was fun while it lasted

Con grates to the winners and finishers

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hello all.
HAd to go right onto the grass at the start but ended up fifth after 15 or so laps and then the usual nvidia screen freeze took me out of play.
Had a good time though although Mark was doing alien times as per usual.Was a shame but thats racing with nvidia these days.HAve to fix that right away.
Congrats Mark .
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

carrera wrote:and then the usual nvidia screen freeze took me out of play.
For the record, I haven't had any problem since I configured rFactor to use DX8. I wish I'd done it much earlier, it would have saved much frustration and time...

Oh, and congrats Mark! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,

Well I got a good qualy lap in was very surprised to be 3rd on the grid....lol

Race start was great (nervous as hell) approaching T1 I saw an opening to get by Kaff ended up braking a little late
and we touched SORRY KAFF :oops: :oops:
On the same lap comming down the back straight I knew Kaff was much faster so I let him by at the chicane.

After that I was trying to get into a rhythm but couldn't and found a nice concrete wall to park the car....LOL

Indeed it was fun while it lasted.
Going to miss all of you during the winter months. :cry: :cry:

CONGRATS to MARK and to all who finished.

I just wanted to thank all of you who participated this season. I think you are all a FANTASTIC group of guys. :)

PLEASE keep comming into the forum during the winter and stay updated with whats going on for the 2010 season.

Steve B
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

I had a good time as always this year fellas. Hopefully next year will be even better.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Guys, stay tuned to the forums because the winter event will be announced very soon now! Also, other usual events are about to get going in preparation for next season (vote for admins, mod choice, etc.) so make sure you visit the forum at least weekly even during the "off-season".
2010 NA div. Admin
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

2nd :D

Had a crap qualy couldnt put a good lap together :evil:

In the race made a great start with out LC :) which i got up between Kalimero and juan which suddenly gap got smaller had slight contact with juan sry M8 Then just pushed to keep up with the leading pack started to get into a rythum and started to gain on bilbo then came round corner to see bilbo bouncing off a wall :( damn looking forward to a good race there.
So pushed on to catch Steve B got to just under a second looking to be a good battle then it happened again steve B bouncing off a wall :( Damn.
Tried to push on to catch kalimero but lost my pace couldnt do a good lap (getting sleepy) so just kept a steady pace to make it to the end. :D

Congrats to Mark for the win and to piotr for his finish

Nice to race with you all guys it was fun cant wait for next season :D

Also a big thanks to Ingo, Bilbo and Steve B for making this happen all season long and Amazing tracks from steve B well done men :D

Also to all the great drivers i raced with during the season had some great battles :D

cya

G 8)
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

My first podium in NAR :D I'm happy of result, but not of my tempo. In next season I must spend more time on practice :)
Thank you for entertainment whole season, and I hope we will see in next :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

well u guys where all wonderfull, both NA and Euro, this year have bean a good year, hope we can continue like this.
tnx to Bilbo and G25, Steve B, to keep up with my crazy ideas ghehehe, (Crash Helmit), :mrgreen:
and Tnx to u all Drivers that give me and others fun and some good Racing,;;;;tears :) :wink:

lets all do some funracing and look out for a Good Mod that hopefully suit us all for 2010,
have to Beat DutchPower assss, :lol: 8)

owke tnx all, 8)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... A_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... A_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... CANADA.zip (17.9MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Sorry for the delay.
2010 NA div. Admin