windows 7 64 bit

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
carrera

windows 7 64 bit

Post by carrera »

hello fellow racers,
Well today I did a little research about windows 7 and then went out and bought it.
The home premium upgrade version was 125 bucks Canadian and the full version about 220.
Heres the kicker.Now you can upgrade from vista but if you have XP.Even an illegal version.
Choosing custom install totally wipes out xp and installs a full version of windows 7.It may say upgrade on the package but that is only for vista.It does save your documents in a windows.old......file.After using it for a couple of hours so far I am happy with it.It is a scaled down version of Vista minus the slow part.....LOL....I bought it for direct x 11 for the new ati 5850.I figure that will show a whole lot of eye candy.Memory management is mucho better.and windows 7 can be installed on a computer without an internet connection.A lot of eye candy for those interested but I just want a windows that works and the eye candy can be inthe games.thats fine with me.I'll check the forums to see who finds what bugs in the next couple of weeks...LOL....carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Coffeemachine

Re: windows 7 64 bit

Post by Coffeemachine »

ive had it for a few months, the uni are giving out free serials :)

and it works great, best one ever.

Try shaking the windows! :D
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Steve

Post by Steve »

I have the RC of Win 7 Ultimate, and will more than likely be buying the OEM of Win 7 Home Premium. I like it so far. No serious errors yet !! I'll just do a dual boot with XP Pro, and Win 7, can get the OEM version for less than the upgrade off of Newegg.com. $109.99 USD for the OEM version.

My Desktop :lol:
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
carrera

Post by carrera »

My version of windows 7.Using it on a 40 inch Samsung tv/monitor.
carrera 8) 8)
Attachments
12-10-2005-10.28.27 PM10-31-2009-8.18.09 AM.jpg
(188.5 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

OMG that is a thing of BEAUTY :wink: :wink:

Very nice Carrera.
I am thinking of buying Windows 7 as well.
I have to reformat my PC so that is what I want to run.
I've been hearing alot of great feedback about Windows 7.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Yo guys more info.
We put windows 7 32 bit in Boons computer and had to also put in direct x 9 august 2009 version to run some of the older games.
No biggie really and Boon can run any illegal .exes without any problems either.Hes quite happy with it.Now....I decided to use a spare drive and run the 32 bit version in my machine.Thats when it went wrong.The 32 bit version of windows did not have my onboard soundriver for my evga board.So....I went to evga and downloaded the windows 7 version of it.I installed it and it did not work.Device driver not found.I tried every avenue..reinstalling...taking out...reinstalling again.No way.I disconnected the drive and used the windows 64 bit drive.Came up sound and all no problems.I expect the windows 7 people thought everyone would use the 64 bit version or the 32 bit version does not like my board(I was shocked when it did not install a proper driver on its own like the 64 bit windows7.)A little disappointed as well.One more thing.The 64 bit internet explorer does not come with java.You have to install a thrid party java for it to work.So.....they give you the option to run a 32 bit internet explorer in the program files.I just use that instead whn I go to you tube or wherever.
Some minor little quirks already with windows7 so don't buy it.I am throwing mine in the garbage as we speak.....and you are so gullible...hahahahaha....Its still the best windows ever and frame rates in game like Operation flashpoint ;dragon rising or the latest cell shaded game....Borderlands....are great and steady.I did have to re license my rfactor though.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

I just upgraded my laptop from Vista on a regular 5400 rpm drive to Windows 7 on an SSD drive (Intel X25M G2). It's like night and day and well worth the money! Win 7 by itself is nice, but match it with an SSD and you'll get a truly amazing system.

This coming weekend I'll upgrade my workstation the same way.
Move over!!!