NA Brazil race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Brazil race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... l_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... l_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Brazil.zip (10.3MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
timothy harrison

Re: NA Brazil race, post your comments here...

Post by timothy harrison »

Nice race guys, congrats to the winner (not sure who it is at this writing...lol). Don't get it, never had an issue all week or even earlier tonight, but my screen minimized for a second. I was able to get the car off the track and off the wall but did not engage the clutch and killed it. DAMN!!!! See you guys next race.

Tim
Steve

Post by Steve »

Another DNF :evil: Slid in the first turn, and t-boned the wall, left front tire gone....
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

WOW !!!!! :shock: :shock:

What a race that was.
I had company over and thought I wasn't going to race tonight, I even posted in the forum that I was going to miss it.
They left at around 8:25pm and I ran to my PC and to my surprize the track loaded.
I entered the server with 52 seconds left in the warm up session........WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Then with all the guys agreeing Bilbo restarted the 10 minute warm up session so I could get some laps in before the race.
I want to thank all the guys agreeing to restart the warm up session......THANK YOU it helped me calm down a bit.....lol

No qualy time was set for me so I started at the back of the grid.

Race start was FANTASTIC, I got off the line quick and made up a few spots and ended up behind Carrera.
He made a small mistake and went wide at T6 so I took the inside and passed him.
Now behind Coy.....I think Coy also made a small mistake (forget which corner) but I was able to get by on the inside again. Now the attack was
on to catch Juan.
I was catching Juan slowly and as I got closer it looked like Juan was struggling a bit (missing braking points) finally at T1 Juan went wide and I took the
inside line and he spun and crossed infront of me and I spun too, lucky there was no damage so we got on with it.

Now in 2nd and trying to catch Bilbo.......NOT TONIGHT!!!!
Bilbo was too fast.I came close but couldn't get there.

Juan and I were making our pit stops exactly on the same lap and I was able to get out first so I knew if I could match his times I would be OK.
I had built up a 14 second lead over Juan in the last stint till I spun and that enabled Juan to close the gap to 6 seconds and I had brain freeze for a few laps
and the gap went down to 3 seconds and stayed that way for the remainder of the race.
I forgot about trying to catch Bilbo and focused on keeping Juan behind me.

AMAZING RACE!!!!!
One I will remember :)

Congrats to Bilbo for the win and to Juan for his podium and Coy finishing.

C U ALL in Abu Dahbi
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

First, thanks to all who participated.

My qualification went well, there's no way I could have beat Juan's time on a full tank (3 stops) so P2 was the best I could have hoped for.

We had a restart (by unanimous agreement) given that we were only 7 at the start and things appeared to have gone pretty badly. On the restart, Juan had a pretty slow launch (LC FTW! :P ) so I could take P1 before even getting close to T1. But Juan stayed on my back and was actually eating the little gap (1-2 secs) I had. Figuring that he was both faster than me and my teammate, I let him pass without fighting (I had DNFs at 6 of my last 7 races so I was playing safe for the finish more than for the win). Soon after, not sure what happened but he was slow in T3 so I could take the lead again. I could see some fighting in my mirrors between Juan and SteveB and that was mostly playing to my advantage. From then on, I there was always a gap between Juan/SteveB around 5-10 seconds and I was taking things relatively easy but I was starting to get worried around the middle of the race when SteveB was cutting the gap relatively quickly to ~6 seconds. I pushed a bit for a few laps but later it grew back to ~13 secs so I was pretty confident I could manage that to the end of the race without things getting too dangerous. It worked... :wink:

The race was relatively uneventful for me except for the first few laps with Juan stuck to my gearbox and the lead exchange. I don't think I even lapped anyone on the track. I only made 1 mistake near the end (spin near the end of S2) which cost me 4-5 seconds but even that was not really frightening as nobody was close...

Again, thanks to everyone who participated and congrats to SteveB, Juan and Coy for making it to the end. See you at Abu Dhabi!
2010 NA div. Admin
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well not much to say here.
First start I went just fine and went down the inside and with all the other engine noises I shifted all the way down to first gear.Big spin.Collect Juan.Not happy.Happy though for the restart.Thanx for that.
Second start I was ten times more careful...LOL...Slotted into place then spun and everyone got by.Hmmmm...now the race begins....good racing but saw Steve do the big spin crash and he gave me that position.After about 18 laps or so my tires were toast.I had done no testing here so in the first corner it finally caught up with me .Race over but with a different compound I would have easily made it to the finish and no lockups with directx 8...whew.
Congrats again Bilbo and of course Steve B who made it by the seat of his pants but ended up second on the podium.Lucky bastard...hahaha.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

carrera wrote:no lockups with directx 8...whew.
Congrats again Bilbo and of course Steve B who made it by the seat of his pants but ended up second on the podium.Lucky bastard...hahaha.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
I also switched to directx 8 and all was good.
I am pretty pissed that I spent the money on this GTS 250 card and have to run rFactor with dx 8 though.

Indeed I made it just in time and I was nervous as hell too :) it took quite a few laps to simmer down and get focused. LOL
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

DX8 FTW! (literally!) :P
2010 NA div. Admin