NA Japan race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Japan race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _Japan.zip (11.0MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NA Japan race, post your comments here...

Post by SteveB »

Another DNF due to game lock up......DAM IT ALL!!!!!

CONGRATS COY :)

Hope to see you in Brazil.
Last edited by SteveB on 05 Oct 2009, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Steve B wrote:Another DNF due to game lock up......DAM IT ALL!!!!!
+1

Got the return of the old psychedelic pause of death just before 130R. Needless to say that I was dead when the game unfroze. I tried to drive with the bent suspension but it was no use... :(

Congrats to Coy for the win and driving through all the wrecks! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Juan G

Post by Juan G »

Congrats to Coy for the win.

Qualify 3 on 3 stopper.

Race: had good start manage to stay on front off Bilbo he was on 2 stopper, starting to close the gap on Jimmy and then Mario let Jimmy go by, then they brake hard at
130R and I hit Mario on the rear, sorry for that Mario :( .

Afther that loss graphics 2 X and crash. :twisted: .

Mario, sorry again for the hit, cya at brazil.
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Con grates to the Winner and those who Finished

I am disappointed really
I did not have time t do much practice.
All practice was done today and I have not been here in years it seems like.
But was very happy with my progress and my Qual.
Had a decent start and was having a great race with SteveB.
Great racing my Friend I was burning up my tires keep you at bay.
then SteveB disapeared
And Jimmy started getting closer and closer by that time my Tires where almost shot and I was getting to my first pit stop.
Jimmy I thought was far enough back coming out of the last chicane so I slowed to go in to the pits.
And wham my Race was over.

All I can say is that is was great well it lasted

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
timothy harrison

Post by timothy harrison »

Nice job Coy! Ran about the same as last race; haven't been able to get as quick as you guys yet. But was able to get up into 3rd before spinning at the hairpin and ending up on the curb. Of course I got stuck...LOL..and killed the engine trying to free myself from the curb (I curse you curb!!). Anyway, thanks for the race guys, I had a great time and I need to keep pushing so I can get up there with you quickies and make a race of it with everybody. Great race NAR.....

Timothy
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Indeed Hitman it was intense to say the least.
Lap after lap I was watching your gearbox.....LOL
There were a few times when I think we touched.

Then on lap 24 my game locked up....screen went black......got the psychedelic sounds
and had to reboot.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

I missed the pit entrance for my first stop, ran out of gas just before 130R, ugh !!!!!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi all,
Good race at the beginning.Didn't get the qualifying lap I wanted but was happy in mid pack.
Was a little congested on the second and third corner slotting in behind Bilbo and in front of coy.
Here is the problem with the lockups.I did my last race and all my practising with the RF config set at direct x 8.SIngapore.
Adams 9800GTX machine also was locking up and we did the same thing.Problem fixed.Boons GTX 260.The same thing.Set it and no more problems.Mine last night I had set to "AUTO"and after 5 laps the psychadelic color freeze for a few seconds kicked in and I ended up in the wall stalled.I got the message"nvidia display driver had a problem and had to shut down"proving basically that it is not a network or internet problem.So.....I switched the rf config to directx 8 and did a whole race with the A.I....not even a hiccup.My conclusion is that nvidia never did develop the drivers right to process that much info through directx 9c.After a bit more testing early this morning.Even with the graphics in game turned down.It still locks in directx 9 for about 20 seconds and then comes out with that wonderful psychadelic look.Alt tab and it is back to normal.I am thinking maybe that our bigger nvidia cards or the gpus may be the culprit but I'll have to test ye old 7800GT and some new drivers and we'll see.
Oh and about the race.Congrats coy.I watched the whole race and with 10 guys out and one driving.I was hoping total boredom would not stop coy from driving the whole race..LOL....One question to Hitman of course.What happened near the pit entrance.It looked like you stopped and got hit from behind from Jimmy.Was it your pitstop time?.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

You know, its funny you mention nvidea,.. on a different forum we had a discusion about ATI vs Nvidea, and guess what the outcome was,.. ATI rocks lol,. and nvidea well its like you say,.. many of the people are having trouble with it running rfactor. My advise,.. get a ati card :)
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello

Carrera Wrote:
One question to Hitman of course.What happened near the pit entrance.It looked like you stopped and got hit from behind from Jimmy.Was it your pitstop time?.
Yes it was my pit stop time I did not stop I did slow to go in the pit entrance.
I think what happen was 2 fold I guess.
I slowed to pit and Jimmy nailed it to pass me on the long straight and the you know the conclusion.

In hien site I should have let him pass me a little before but (Who here) thought or ever got hit going for a pit stop.

And as for the RF lockups
I would say that 90%+ of the time I here of these lockups they have a Nivida card.
Ever since I went to ATI I have not had a problem.
The problem I had was not lock ups (A couple of weeks back) RF was minamizing.
And I tracked that back to my MB bios has a setting where if the CPU or GPU get to a certain temp
(Don't know what temp) it lowers the voltage and then RF would minamize.
Now I don't know what temp they have that set to but my GPU and CARD when gaming do not get hot they get warm but not hot as to the specs or the temp readings so they have the threshold way to low in my Opinion.
Anyway between that and Game booster shuting down all the windows crap that runs that you don't need when gaming It has been a good couple of months of some hard testing and I have not hqad a problem.

Anyway hope to CU in Brazil
Hitman
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Steve

Post by Steve »

I am an ATI guy all the way, I have not had a single problem with mine. Game runs smooth as silk.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Too bad, i mist the race. ATI here and no problem (Mac).
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well I guess you ATI guys just suck then....ROFL....
OK.I got away from ATi as I was an ATI fan a couple of years ago.
Now the catalyst drivers back then caused VPU errors in rfactor and ate up way to much memory to run compared to Nvidia.Another reason I switched.Also I do not run Vista.I run xp.Vista again is a memory hog so I knew windows 7 would be out so I never switched to vista.I have however been fixing vista computers way too much.
Now if you guys are telling the truth and are really not employees of ati/amd...then my question to you is.What cards are you running.After seeing this thread I decided to make my next card a 4870 or 4890.I believe that the ati cards really kick ass in some games as well.I am not a loyal nvidia or ati fan.Whichever kicks ass the best gets my hard earned money.I am always open to new things and with ATi requiring less power as well then its a win win situation.
As it stands now.It looks like ATI with amds help have fixed their catalyst problems over the last couple of years.
Time to buy one and start some testing.will have to wait till the end of october but I am looking forward to it and some killer frame rates.
Thanx for the info guys.
p.s.I do have and atix1950 pro but it has been on the shelf for 2 years.Time to blow off the dust and put it in the spare machine.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Yeap i suck haha lol nevermind :mrgreen: :mrgreen: there is nothing wrong with my speed lol.

Anyway i only use XP, there is no hair on my head thinking of using vista or W7 hell noooo.
My card is a X1900XT and before that i had a 9800pro. With 9800pro i ran in some problems with heavy fps eating tracks, after that
i decided to get a new one wich was the x1900xt at that time for me. The only problem i have had with the x1900xt is that lately it was
heating up, but this was due to old cool paste , i cleaned it and renewed the cooling paste and now its rock solid again.

Anyway i know several drivers in rfactor who got lock ups and random freezes, and guess what all of them where on nvidea. Most of them switched
to ati and it was all fine. Its not that im promoting ati or something, im just giving my opinion and feedback on my experience with these cards. I know
what my system will look like,... AMD , ATI, XP and atleast 2gb of memory should do the trick for rfactor.

O yeah and guess what, i ever had one graphik card failing on me,.. and guess wich the manufacturor was from,.. o yeah nvidea :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

3dFX FTW! :lol:

I NEVER had any problem with my 7800GT in rF (or my trusty GF3 and FX5700 in F1C) so I'd tend to agree with Carrera's take that the nVidia problems are more related to newer cards/newer drivers (or some combination). Much like ATI had their share of problems years ago (RAGE cards then early Catalyst drivers), now it's possibly nVidia's turn. It's just like the situation for hard disks: ALL manufacturers have had their share of problems at one time or another, unfortunately... :roll:
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

I am running an HD4850 512 MB card in my new system, with an AMD 7850 BE Dual core processor, and 4 gigs of DDR2, seems to run games pretty smoothly, but when prices come down, I might upgrade my processor and Vid card.. ( AMD and ATI of course :mrgreen: ) I mainly use XP, but also downloaded the RC of Win 7, and really like that. Have not tried installing rfactor on Win 7 though... I did receive Stalker :Clear Sky with my vid card, and it runs pretty smoothly on Win 7 in DX10, with the eye candy turned up fairly high..
timothy harrison

Post by timothy harrison »

I'm running an Nvidia 8600GT and have had some problems with lock ups and the screen minimizing (there were too few errors to get a good explanation of what may be causing the errors). I downloaded the Nvidia FPS Fix 0.30 at rfactor central and haven't had any problems since then although this card seems to run much hotter than my previous ATI cards ran. Nonetheless this fix completely sped up my FPS and although I've always ran all graphics on full, everything seems quicker, clearer, and doing really well. So anybody out there having any issues may want to give it a try it really helped my system.

Tim
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
I have the ATI HD4870 pci express
I do a little OCing at
GPU Clock 840
Mem Clock 1015
Temp at idle 40 C When gaming between 50 and 60 never seen temps higher then 65.
I can run everything on full except Shadow's (That are a FPS killer) and depending on the track I get 150 + FPS with full grids viewing.

I had Nivida cards before back in the F1C days and they where AVG connections and they went well although I do remember having to turn grafics down to get decent FPS.
When I went to PCI-E I did have a Nivida card and it did ok I was never really impressed and it ran very hot even with no ocing.

I found a ATI 3870 at a good price and tried that right away I saw a diffrence in Rfactor in my oppinuion it blew Vivida right out of the water I ran that card for almost a year no issues at all. In fact it is still gaming in my friends comp as we speak.
I only upgraded to this card now because I wanted more power. :lol:

And I have to say that Nivida is not making a bad product as lot of guys really rave about Nivida but yes they are having driver issue I beleave. As there are guys updating to there new Nivida drivers only to go back to the old ones.

It is said if it is not broke don't fix it.
if your driver that you have now is working great don't update it.
most products that come with there drivers have already been tested and work flawlessly why update to the unknown.
And this goes for ATI drivers also on mine I updated (Just to see) to a newer driver and my card was not working as good went back to the prior one and all was great again.

I hope this helps
Hitman 8)
Ruben Hitman Miranda
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well I think now with all the input(thanx guys).
I may as well build a new system around the ATI 4890 card as parts are pretty cheap right now.
I think I may run both an nvidia machine and an ATi machine and test out all these drivers as they come out.No doubt though that with AMD and ATI merging that the drivers would eventually get better and they have.I am sure that performance will vary in certain games between both brands though but the big plus really for me is that the 4890 uses less power.Thats a big thing for me.I only run one harddrive in my machines and one dvdburner to keep the power consumption down.
Now the big question is.What am I gonna put in the new machine.Time to get online and do some shoppin.wahuuuu.
carrera 8) 8) 8)