EURO Japanese Grand Prix 2009

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Fred

EURO Japanese Grand Prix 2009

Post by Fred »

Damn it to hell, I got a multicar.mas error when I tried to join the server. Don't know what it is all about, I reinstalled the mod and track, but still the same fucking thing. Fuck!

Good luck to all racers though and post your comments here later!

Fuck.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Fred

Re: EURO Japanese Grand Prix 2009

Post by Fred »

And sorry for cursing. But I get pissed when these things happen.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Sorry to hear this Fred.....did you test the server last week to make sure all was good??

Just asking :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

that McLaren #2 car does not in any remote way or form like the degner1 curve. Just wanted to warn the NA guys about that. So if you're following juan, or indeed if your name is juan, be prepared to do/encounter a "heikki" in degner1.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Damn Engine Blow up :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: .

Hopefully I will Get some points :wink: (nice Bilbo) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice race guys enjoyed a few battles :D

Congrats to mark for the win

well done to kalimero for great race too if you didnt get stuck behind me you might a won :oops: :D

Nice one Ingo for for 3rd Place :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Mr G on 04 Oct 2009, 21:27, edited 2 times in total.
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

was a good race, not fast enough but was fun,

got Podium yeaaa, tnx to the guys that step out so i got the podium ghehehe :lol:
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Wow Multicar error,.. dunno what that is never heard of it :? Did you installed any new mod or something mayby a conflict with other mod or something.

Anyway Japan,... a track well i like it to drive but in general im not to fast here but now having back my g25 again i practised quite a lot to get the feeling back with my G25 wheel and hell it worked out. :D Was having a good rythem around the track verry consistent, and more important i finaly felt confident again with the car wich i wasnt when driving past 3 races with my old wheel. ANyway got pole, first atempt i messed up in final corner and made a 360,.. so had to do a 2nd atempt putting me on pole 33,5 lap or something i believe.

THen race, finaly a good start again thank Logitech for the 3th pedal (clutch) :mrgreen: so from there on i made a quick gap to Natox,.. i was a bit suprised that it went so easy, so i wasnt sure on wich strategie they where (they are Natox and Kalimero) so i kept pushing and gap increased over my 18lap stint to about 16 seconds. After my pitstop i came out about 6 seconds behind Natox. After that i closed that gap till he did his stop. THen somehow he left dunno what happend, then i had Kalimero behind me and somehow i wasnt sure on wich strategie he was driving close to 16 secs behind me he closed it to about 10 seconds and i was like ok if he pits in 26-27 he is definatly on a one stop and thought i wouldnt have to fear him as in the 10 extra laps he had over me he only closed in on me about 6 seconds so i thought i would be ok.

THen i made my 2nd final stop with about 18 laps to go and had Kalimero at about 15 secs distance so i actualy made up some time after he made his stop, but i knew in the final stage that he would be faster then me,.. and that he was!!! He was putting up a blistering pace and closed the gap to about 2 secs with a few laps to go thats when i started to become quite nervous :mrgreen: Made up a few smal mistakes so tried to kept concentrated and in the end there was about 6 tents left when we crossed the finish line. :)

Was a good race eventhough it seemed to be a lonely race it was still pretty difficult to stay in front of Kalimero as he decided to go for different strategie.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... n_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _Japan.zip (9.0MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Congrats to all who mande it to the end!

G25, you should get points because the rule says you have to complete 90% of the laps, ROUNDED DOWN. As you have completed 47 laps, you're (barely) within the rule.

Fred, sorry to hear about your problem but I'd check for conflicts with another mod on your install because the server only has MMG07 and SteveB's tracks on it (clean rF Lite install at the beginning of the season). Make sure you have (re-)installed the MMG07 v2.1 update too. I can't see what else it could be.
2010 NA div. Admin
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Bilbo wrote:
G25, you should get points because the rule says you have to complete 90% of the laps, ROUNDED DOWN. As you have completed 47 laps, you're (barely) within the rule.
Cheers Bilbo wasnt sure if it is your Lap or leaders lap which the 90% rule works on, as i had been lapped :?:

Oh well if i get points or I dont I enjoyed the race :D :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

As soon as YOU had completed 47 laps, you were within the 90% rule...

53 laps * 90% = 47.7 laps = 47 laps (rounded down)

The winner, unless he's a poor driver, has completed 53 laps by definition (not counting the non-racing laps like formation and "glory" laps). What happens if NOBODY completes the official race distance under normal circumstances (i.e. no red flag stopping the race) is left as an exercise to the reader... :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

UFFF, fun race!!!. First curve I had to go out and I was tha last, but, later, I was in a good battle with G25. I like battles a lot!!! But, in last chicane, we touch our cars, only a few, but enough to loose control by G25, maybe I broke too last, I don't know, (sorry if it is like that), so I prefered to wait for his and let him pass to start the battle again. It was a very fun battle, thanks, G25. :D Nice driving.
Last part of the race, I was faster that I tought I was going to be, because it is too easy to crash in Suzuka, (as you where able to see yestarday, Alguersuari, Weber, Kovalainen, Glock...), but when I had yhe 90% of race, I didn't mind if I crashed by myself, and I risked more and more, (I thought my tyres were going to explote), to put presion to Mark, but he is very expert and he was fast enough to win the race. Congrats!! :wink:
It was a very fun race, I am very sorry that my brother Natxo crashed in boxes (super auguri is the provisional leader of constructors championship), and I think only once we finished both the race. One of us always have a problem :?
Anyway, congtrats to Ingo for his podium, and I hope to see you next race!!! :mrgreen:

Kalimero
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

I removed all other mods, and reinstalled MMG with the patch, and downloaded and installed the track again, but still the same error :? I have no idea what it could be. I was fine when I drove on the NA server... Anyway, let's hope it works for the next race.

Congrats to Mark for the win, and to all finishers as well!

Cya at Interlagos.
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!