Lavvy

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Alx

Lavvy

Post by Alx »

Hey Lavvy!

About yesterday (or this morning).

When you say you had a crash because I hit you, I never did on my screen. In fact I wasnt even close. I went through on the inside on the exit of the corner.

There was a lot of lag, and I think it is because of this things like that happens.

I was gonna say sorry and explain after I had finished my lap since I was on for a PB.

When I wrote my appologie and explained (after about 1 min) you had already left! :cry:

Well, I hope you didnt think I would punt you off intensionally!
Sorry for the whole thing!

Just to explain this to other drivers, because it is not the first time rearwings go flying due to lag:

If there is a lag problem between you and the driver in front, be very carefull. I have been punted off twice without anyone actually hitting me, altough on a replay you can clearly see the impact.

This is probably due to the lag and that the computers havent synced 100%. Maybe you know more about this DanTheMan?

Right then...where did I put that steering wheel again?? :lol:
a little bit sideways is always quicker
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

Yes, unfortunately I know about this from first-hand experience. Last season I was bumped off the track in Monaco halfway through the first lap. The hit was hard enough to lift my rear end, and I ended up slamming into a concrete slab. I was absolutely furious, especially since it felt like I was robbed of the opportunity to have fun for 45 minutes.

When I was looking through the replay I noticed that the person that had hit me wasn't even close. In other words, it was a bug in F1 2002 brought on by some lag that made MY computer think that I was hit. Neither the replay from my computer nor the official replay downloaded from Killahead shows me getting hit, but both show my rear end suddenly jump sideways.

F*cking crappy network code is the only explanation! :-(

This is why it is so important to take it easy on the first lap because the lag and synchronization problems are the worst directly following the start when the field is compressed.

/Daniel
Move over!!!
Lavvy

IT IS FINE¬!

Post by Lavvy »

ALX its ok!! i release it does happen......i never left due to annoyance, just had controller issues.....dont worry about it m8!......i done the same to you and never touched you also, so i know its just a "thing" we all must live with from time to time!.....thanks for your appology, it really was not necessary, but i thank you for it......nice guy....cheers! :lol:
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one.