NA Italy race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Italy race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _Italy.zip (11.7MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NA Italy race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

Ho YES! it feels good! Finaly a Win!

I was expecting a second place in qualif, end up 3rd at +.023 of Jimmy, but was not that bad finaly. Took of some pressure on me, Jimmy brake early on T1 probably afraid cause of his inside position. A trought T1 would kick mario out of race. Exit 2nd out of T1 and folowed mario right behind for a while. Mario was flying me to the moon with his draft! Was alowing me to put some pressure and keep it up behind him. Drivers in back was not distracting me, we were escaping from them. Mario had trouble to pass boon and that brought kept me closer to him. i had 1 extra lap of fuel, was tight, but i wanted to do it, enter pit almost empty, that was close. After my 1 pit, Mario was at 39 sec, closing the gap slowly, but never enough. Carrera put me some pressure behind and Juan was 7 sec in front. Juan stop, and i was P1 untill the end of race. i never stop pushing, just in case Carrera or Mario decide to skip one stop and push more than me. Congrats Mario! and Carrera!!! whohou that is cool!

My only sad side of this race, is that Mario still survive to score 8 points... with no points, i was still hoping to get closer in champ, we never know, but now, he is within few points to close the championship. Cya at dark on next track.

[SECRET MESSAGE TO HITMAN] : At singapore, i will pit soon, do all you can to make shure i will be 1st behind Safety Car [/SECRET MESSAGE TO HITMAN]

Ha shit! Secret quote dont work, our Renault team is in trouble now!!!
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ho and Mario, no win, no sex tonight :mrgreen: :lol:
NAR.F1 driver
Steve

Post by Steve »

Spun on lap 8 in the 2nd chicane, hit the wall, lost a front wheel, race over........ :( And congrats to Flow for the win !!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

My race was fun while it lasted...

On lap 1, I missed my braking at the 2nd chicane so I waited for the car train to pass before rejoining the track, which put me dead last. No worries yet. I passed Steve and Boon relatively easily soon after. Then I spin in T1 and Steve gets back in front of me. Well, passing Steve a second time proved to be much harder than the first time. It's actually not too bad when seen on the replay but from the cockpit as it happened, Steve appeared to me to be blocking madly. I managed a mostly involuntary pass at the 2nd chicane when Steve braked even more early than my own early braking, so the pass started mostly as an emergency avoidance move (or I'd certainly have hit Steve). So, sorry to Steve for what appears to be a "muscle pass" but that was not really on purpose... :shock:

I then went on my merry way trying to catch up to the guys in front until on lap 14, I mistakenly downshifted to 2nd gear instead of 3rd when entering Ascari, lost the rear, made a nice slow 180 and hit the wall dead on. Oh, and stalled the engine too: game over.

Congrats to Flow and Coy for their nice raise in Championship positions, and to all who finished for, well, finishing! 8)

See you all at Singapore, I've heard the chickens are really weird there... :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

haha, no problem Bilbo, I kind of lost it there in that 2nd chicane right before you got me, that was my downfall...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Bilbo wrote:Congrats to Flow and Coy for their nice raise in Championship positions, and to all who finished for, well, finishing! 8)
Thanks Bilbo. Coy you are in the Top 3 on the main page of website, congrats, but watch out, tied with Bilbo + Jimmy and Juan are right behind. Keep it up!
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well.I must say that.
I am a totally kick ass driver...yep....Kicked Jimmy in the ass at the beginning...sorry Jimmy.
I thought you would hit Mario at the beggining.Sorry to spoil it for ya.
I ended up with cone damage and then after the spin at the first chicane I collected a Mclaren and damaged my back wing.Sorry for that one as well.Just a whole round of apologies due but I watched Juan with a blown engine at the 1st chicane and then hoped I would make it to the end as I was abusing the downshifts quite a bit.
I was happy after I made it to lap 50 knowing I was over the 90 percent range and just coasted after that.
3rd place will do for me.Lets hope for another good race in Singapore.
congrats to flow and MArio.My wings were a little low and it cost me as flow and MArio walked away on the first lap.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hehe congrat to all finisher n podium :D
ohh for me it was my worsth race ever lollll,start from pole on a 3 stoppe strategy ,i manage to pass t1 in lead and i was able to keep my place till my first pit stop,but during the first stint flow was able to match up the same pace as me from there i knew he was on 3 stop too,in the middle of the first stint a start to push a bit to open a gap on him and it work ok till we start to see slower driver when i try to lap coy ,someting happen dont know really what it is but i have a hard time to lap him and it coast me the gap i open on flow and from there,i strat to loose a bit of concentration but it was ok anaway then my first pit came ,wow it was just the beginning of trouble for me lollll
first ; when i got out of the parabolica i was 0 liters :roll: and th engine shut dounw before i get in pit so ,when i cross the pit entry line i was no engine running ,on neutral and i let the car go till my box but i cross the line at 91 kmh,heheh stop n go right there :? if i was at 80 kmh i couldnt get to my box so i prefer a stop n go then stopping the race atm.well finally get in the box refuel the car but damn it take so long to restart the engine io think maybe 10-15 sec ,i get out of pit and on the next lap ive done my stop n go from there p1 was over for me,anaway after the stop n go i was on p6 and i manage to finish in p2but for the all race i did so many mistake that i cant even count it lmaof ,damn i was crappy driver :lol: but during the race i have little fight that it wa scool and i think i lap coy once or twice and danm he clear the racing line everytime i was so lol coy dont worry my friend it was fun , and i know u didnt do it on purpose and the most cray thing happen ahahahah ,i was chasing juan g that he was damn far ahead of me far enought that i didnt see him at the end of the straight,and suddenly i start to see him and i was closing the gap on him very fast ,and just when i was able to overtake him on the long straight (start finish) at t1 i brake a bit earlier then him to give him room and try to put more pressure on him but POWWWWW POUFFFF BIDING BADANG engine blow up right next to me at t1 i see him passing me whit that super fire on the back of is mc laren i was so mad for u but in same time i was so lolll
well it was my race and flow next one u wont be so lucky i will be well prepare but im happy for u whit ur win heheh congrat again m8 n thkx u all
cya in singapour bay :mrgreen:
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

I wish I was there maybe......just maybe I would have been able to give Flow a run for his money. LOL
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

start to pay you bill for not beeing there, you know, the chicken dance? lol shure steveB, but Bilbo and Juan was supose to kick my ass, but when your cought in traffic fighting your position, you start loosing time. I was able to keep up with Mario only because i was left alone and i was doing my race. The draft he was giving me on straight was keeping me alive behind. Other than that, Mario was getting away slowly. Im just happy to have choosen the 3 stops. i did all equation of 2-3-4 stop with the time lost in pit+time of fueling with different amount of fuel. My strategy was perfect considering what happend to other drivers around the track. All luck was on my side! Cya in dark SteveB :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

CONGRATS FLOW !!!!

I am sure it was a well deserved win for you...... WELL DONE!!!!
and to all who finished. :)

The CHICKEN DANCE is another story.....LMAO
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

loll
Christian Laforce

Post by Christian Laforce »

Yes, my first point with 4 places at the end. yooooooooooooooooooooooou. Oups!! Already finish one. So it's my 2 Yessssssssssssss.