NAR administrator

Euro Race Monz tell how it was for ya

Post by Racer »

another DNF, Engine did not last. :( :shock:
dutch power
NAR administrator

Re: Euro Race Monz tell how it was for ya

Post by dutch power »

Where to start, ofcourse i made a crappy start as predicted, also overshot T1 to avoid any mess and because i took the escape route at T1 the frikking game gave me a stop and go!!! :shock: Anyway after the first lap stop and go i ended up around 30 secs behind the pack and i had to do a reduce the damage race also because i was on a 3 stop as well so that was a problem to. ANyway started my journey and closely to the end of the race i got up to 4th place just few secs behind Kalimero, i was trying all i could to close in on him but somehow he found pace and i think he was lapping the same times as i was doing. Then somehow kinda weird things happens is that he slows down on the racing line after the first chicane and i close in to him with over 300kmh and he somehow manages to get the car in my way and i collect him, i decided to go on the right side as his car was more placed the left side of the track but at the same time he slams his brakes and the car moves right into my path. I hope you have a good explanation for that because that was a pretty bad move.

Could have gotten a 4th place mayby 3th but now i have nothing.

I need my G25 back i guess, this old wheel always brings me back luck it seems. :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

3rd place :D

Had a great race tried to keep lots of faster cars behind me and made my BMW have a fat ass !!!! I was running very low downforce which gave me great straight line speed 214 mph but last corner was a struggle .
had settled for 5th until mark and Kalimero had a coming together so happy to take 3rd :D

Cya next race :D

Oh and congrats to fred and all finishers :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

100% fuel mostly just cause it sounded stupid. but it worked brilliantly :) . fred was too fast as always but a nice second, dropped away like hell in the end when the focus found someting else to do, note to self: no, its still not a good idea to have the TV running.

from my point of view really nice manners on track, no incidents and fun fights. As Pascal wasnt here i took on the job of mobile chicane, which worked out fine. Kalimero made some really nice passes into lesmo2, two to be precise. really smart driving m8, i can tell that 150l of fuel feels quiiiite heavy when the track turns like that hehe.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Yeah i noticed you guys where on heavy fuell this time, i was constantly looking at p1 p2 on the timing list and after 30 laps i was like wtf, will they ever pit. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Wow this was something to remember :mrgreen:

Me and Kaff agreed to run 100 % fuel and supersofts before the race and start from the back, just to have some fun and close battles. And man we got it :D
Before the race I think I said something along the lines of "easy into T1". Then I miss the braking point myself with about 10 metres... I was lucky not to run into NatcoXX (sry that I caused some worry for you there) and had to resort to the escape route.
Then I backed off to let NatcoXX pass me, as well as G25 and Mark. Or, I thought it was Mark, but saw that Kaff was there instead so we had a side-by-side drive up to turn 2 where he eventually got the better of me.
We were very close for the whole lap and I managed to take him into Parabolica.
Then I was behind G25 and lapped very similar to him, but I got some tenths every lap which boded well for a nice fight! We were side by side in some corners and chased after eachother on the straights, and after some time I managed to make full use of my almost non-existing rear wing :) Very nice driving there mate, you did a perfect job of leaving room when we were together in the corners :)
Then, to my suprise, I managed to stay in touch with the leader NatcoXX which brought a smell of victory to my nose. He later spun for some reason, and after that it was all about trying to make the supersofts last during the first stint :) They were completely shot on my inlap, so I could not push very much, but I'm still happy that they lasted. Then it was about bringing it home.

Bad luck there Mark :(
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

dutch power wrote:Where to start, ofcourse i made a crappy start as predicted, also overshot T1 to avoid any mess and because i took the escape route at T1 the frikking game gave me a stop and go!!! :shock: Anyway after the first lap stop and go i ended up around 30 secs behind the pack and i had to do a reduce the damage race also because i was on a 3 stop as well so that was a problem to. ANyway started my journey and closely to the end of the race i got up to 4th place just few secs behind Kalimero, i was trying all i could to close in on him but somehow he found pace and i think he was lapping the same times as i was doing. Then somehow kinda weird things happens is that he slows down on the racing line after the first chicane and i close in to him with over 300kmh and he somehow manages to get the car in my way and i collect him, i decided to go on the right side as his car was more placed the left side of the track but at the same time he slams his brakes and the car moves right into my path. I hope you have a good explanation for that because that was a pretty bad move.

Could have gotten a 4th place mayby 3th but now i have nothing.

I need my G25 back i guess, this old wheel always brings me back luck it seems. :lol:

Difficult race for me, not enough fast except on curves. :wink:

I am sorry about Mark's accident, but, as you can see in replay, suddently, my car went slower and slower. First, i didn't know what happend, but after 2 or 3 seconds, I understood that my engine burnt, and before I wanted to exit the car from the racing lines on my right, and before I had time to go out from the racing lines or push "escape" key, Mark crashed with me. he wes anly 3 or 4 seconds from me. I didn't do any bad move, the only thing is that the car didn't run suddently.

That is the only explanation, I didn't want to finish race 5 laps before, but the engine burnt and the car goes slower because of that.

Congrats to finishers :D and, really, I'm very sorry for the accident, :( but I am not interested in accidents to other drivers. I also could have got 3th place maybe 4th, and also I have nothing. :( . I suppose you can see the smoke and thinmg about there is a problem, but I did't see anything until I understood the engine was burnt.

Kalimero
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Nah its ok just unfortunate, i should have been more cautious there but i kept full trottle as i felt i could overtake you there. I thought you had spun and trying to recover so i stayed full trottle but then well up to next race. :)
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

kaffemaskin wrote:100% fuel mostly just cause it sounded stupid. but it worked brilliantly :) .

from my point of view really nice manners on track, no incidents and fun fights. As Pascal wasnt here i took on the job of mobile chicane, which worked out fine. Kalimero made some really nice passes into lesmo2, two to be precise. really smart driving m8, i can tell that 150l of fuel feels quiiiite heavy when the track turns like that hehe.
Thanks for that, it was really very very very fun for me, I like fights, :D when drivers have nice manners, as everybody had in this race , I thought I could pass after pit stop (I didn't know you were going to do only 1 pit stop), but finelly I found the place to pass.

I enjoyed a lot, I didn't kkow you had full tank, so I wasn't as good in Monza as I thouht before :lol:

Congrats for your 2nd place!!!

I hope to see all you next race

Kalimero
Fred

Post by Fred »

Will there be any webstats for this race?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

When I receive the files from Slipstream Snake, webstats will be posted as usual.
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

First I want big thanks for wait for me before race. When session change my game was disabled :D
Race was boring for me, I have Drive through penalty , I drive whole race alone. But 4 place is good :)
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Fred

Post by Fred »

Bilbo wrote:When I receive the files from Slipstream Snake, webstats will be posted as usual.
Cool. I thought I'd just check since they were missing at some race recently.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

FredN wrote:
Bilbo wrote:When I receive the files from Slipstream Snake, webstats will be posted as usual.
oh yeah, btw, speakling about missing. Your mother has been sleeping here for a few days, now she's gone. dont know where. just so you know...
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Fred

Post by Fred »

kaffemaskin wrote:
FredN wrote:
oh yeah, btw, speakling about missing. Your mother has been sleeping here for a few days, now she's gone. dont know where. just so you know...
Quit the drugs, you cokehead.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Btw, where is my 10 points? I want my 10 points within the next 48 hours... I'm counting on it, just so you know...
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Everything related to the Euro race is currently in Slipstream Snake's hands as he was the server operator. There's nothing I can do about stats or reports or whatever until I get sent the appropriate files. As it is, all I know about the Euro race is what's written in this thread and that's not complete enough, sorry.
2010 NA div. Admin
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Bilbo wrote:
Everything related to the Euro race is currently in Slipstream Snake's hands as he was the server operator. There's nothing I can do about stats or reports or whatever until I get sent the appropriate files. As it is, all I know about the Euro race is what's written in this thread and that's not complete enough, sorry.
Slipstream is sick, so dont no if he is able to pass the results,
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

FredN wrote:
Then I was behind G25 and lapped very similar to him, but I got some tenths every lap which boded well for a nice fight! We were side by side in some corners and chased after eachother on the straights, and after some time I managed to make full use of my almost non-existing rear wing :) Very nice driving there mate, you did a perfect job of leaving room when we were together in the corners :)
Cheers fred it was fun :D
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

I think everyone have xml files from every race. I have this in user data/LOG folder.
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM