NA Valencia race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Valencia race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... lencia.zip (13.6MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NA Valencia race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

Shure, i will post that it was a race to remeber (and to forget at same time, lol)

Jimmy, it was just crazy. If any of you want to see 2 crazy nut driver changing P1 few times after gettin rid of SteveB that was stearing at my ass ( :? ), having hard time to pass eatch other, watch me and Jimmy on Lap1 and then from lap 8 to 14. Dont mist the lap 10-12, it was starting to be a fight at 3. Bilbo joined us cause we were loosing so mutch time fighting, lol. Sorry bilbo for closing you the door on lap 14, tought i had space to turn it safely. Pit in soon at lap 17 (but i was still on 2 stop), then my trouble started to begin. Fight with Bilbo after his exit of pits then i spun, lost front wing. From there it was hell.... :evil: kids around me, disturbing, phone ring, babysitter for tomorow was cancelling. Had to stop in Pit to find another babysitter. Lost 5 minutes, got back, lost wing, speed penality for speeding, stop again... nightmare. That ESC button was just calling me, but i wait fight hard, just in case. It paid, finished 3rd, with 3 laps down, not bad finaly.

Dan... Ho Dan ho Dan, im shure that your seeing this comming. Instead of racing the Euro race, you should of join us with our NA race. Some told me that you were there, but i never notice you. Im shure that if you would of race with us you woundnt survive 3 corners, we are just to good for you :lol: :wink: lol Ha, sorry, i could not resist that one. Too bad, it would of been fun for shure. Sorry for what hapend to you.

CONGRATS COY, COYCOYCOYCOY! 1st win! and Juan, nice finish, seem not easy, but you both did it to the end.

Again Jimmy, this will be a race to remember, i was having so mutch fun. Check back Lap 7 to Lap 14, that was AWSOME! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cya next one.
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

Welllll..........
Start was good.Pitstop went good.Was ahead of flow and I had 18/22 wing so I had a little more speed down the straight but alas.The machine locked after 20 something laps on the front straight.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Dan Rasmusson

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

I was too tired to race so I decided to park it right away not to create any collisions and watch a part of the race. It was very fun indeed as most of you were pretty even in pace. I also liked the enviroment in your races alot and the fact that there are so many drivers. Too bad that I don't live in Ohh Canada! :(
Ruben Miranda
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Well Con grates to all who finished

I only had about 2 or 3 hours top's of practice so I was not expecting much was just hoping to finish.
I was doing ok had a few off's but kept it off the wall :lol:
Then my wife needed me (She has had a couple of heart surgerys) So I had to bail.

I hope to get more practice time in for the next one.
Felt could to be back on track with all of you.

Cu at the next one.
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

well yet another DNF.
Is there any DNF championships cause I would win that hands down this season.

My qualy went better than I expected posted a mid 1:37 on my final lap...4th on the grid.
Start also went well, I got a tap on my rear right wheel luckly it didn't spin me exiting T2 I was in 3rd behind Flow.
I was happy and getting nervous that I was able to keep up with Flow for a few laps till I noticed that Bilbo was behind me
and closing the door fast.I made a couple of mistakes allowing Bilbo to catch and pass me.

This is the stupid part......after Bilbo passed me I had an itch on my forehead, went to scratch it and.....BAM..... went right into the wall. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was pissed to say the least I had the right pace for this one and yet again another stupid mistake.

I think FERRARI is going to fire me soon. LOL :lol: :lol:

CONGRATS to COY and to Juan and Flow.......DAM IT ALL!!!!!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

i guys :D
first
congrat to all finisher and podium
sorry fellas that i didnt make it to the race i went out on sunday and i thought i would be back in time but when i get in front of the pc you were alrdy 3 laps done :( ill do my best in belgium hehe cya there friends
carrera

Post by carrera »

Yo fellow racers,
Just wanted to say to hitman.Nice to see you back on track and tell your wife to be strong and not to look at any young hunks and her heart will be fine.I know you have been going through a rough time but its nice to see you doing a good pace even without much practise.Belgium is the next battleground.Be ready cause its fast...wuu huuuu....LOL>...(can you tell I like Belgium?)
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

carrera wrote:Yo fellow racers,
Just wanted to say to hitman.Nice to see you back on track and tell your wife to be strong and not to look at any young hunks and her heart will be fine.I know you have been going through a rough time but its nice to see you doing a good pace even without much practise.Belgium is the next battleground.Be ready cause its fast...wuu huuuu....LOL>...(can you tell I like Belgium?)
carrera 8) 8) 8)
I AGREE :)

It was very nice to have you back on track Hitman.
Hope your wife is doing GREAT !!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

HOOOOO! after reviewing stats, Jimmy seem to DNF cause he went out of Fuel!!! :shock:

I wonder how long it will take him to digest that one and make a comment on his race :wink: Dont worry, we had so mutch fun fighting togheter that when i pit in, i said, i dont mind a DNF, you have made my season in this race, to bad it didnt last. On the replay, some may say i let him chance few times, no way, i was just pushing hard as i can and going limit to save our ass to not crash togheter, was verry fair clean fight (hope you think same jimmy) :D
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Sorry for not posting race reports for a few races, I sometimes forget about it after posting the race results and entering the stats for the website...

Got a decent and kinda unexpected qualifying position since many drivers were faster than me in practice and I was one of the heaviest with my 2-stops strategy. My race start was not so good as I braked a bit late for T1 and almost took Flow out, losing a few positions in the process. I then had some little fights with Coy and SteveB then caught up to Flow and Jimmy who were losing a lot of time fighting each other for the lead. Flow ended up pitting 3-4 laps earlier than me and Jimmy would run out of fuel just before the pit entrance, handing me the lead until my 1st stop on lap 20. Flow used the opportunity to just get in front of me when I came out of pit lane. A couple of laps or so later, Flow would hand me the lead for good (or so I thought at the time) by spinning into the wall at the exit of the hairpin.

From then on, it was just a matter of staying far from the walls and it could be an easy win as I had a pretty good gap with Coy behind me. But noooo, as fate would have it, about a couple of laps before my 2nd and last stop, I got another of those "psychedelic pause of death" that screwed up my last 2-3 races (the game freezes for about 10-15 seconds then gets going again but with all the textures scrambled with lots of pink everywhere). I managed to survive this and waited for my scheduled pit stop to fix things by ALT-TABbing out of the game and back, which usually takes anywhere between 10 and 30 seconds. Coy used the opportunity to pass me while I was doing that and got a ~5 seconds lead but I don't care as I'm just happy to still be racing at this point. Well, the happiness was to be short-lived because a few laps later, as I was catching up to Coy, I got another "psychedelic" attack and when the game finally "unfroze", I was already bouncing from a wall at high speed with two missing wheels: GAME OVER. Since Coy was on a 3-stopper, that could have been a relatively easy win had I been able to race to the end but that will have to wait...

For anyone wondering, my video card (BFG 9800GTX+ OC) came very close to hitting the garbage can right then but I (hopefully) fixed it now by replacing the shitty thermal gunk that was put between the big heatsink covering the card and the GPU and memory chips. That stuff just felt wrong, it had the thickness and texture of fabric plasters and came off like that too (for those unfamiliar, it should have been more like some kind of goo/grease/paste). I guess it was just too much of a too thick thermal compound (I hope it was!) and it was actually hurting the heat transfer to the heatsink/fan and thermal sensor rather than facilitating it. I replaced those "plasters" with nice thin and smooth layer of old Arctic Silver(tm) thermal compound that I had lying around from building my previous PC. I then put the heatsink/fan unit back on the card and now it appears to be performing great no matter what kind of torture test I throw at it overnight (torture hard enough to actually raise the room temperature by several degrees, things like furmark, gputool, etc). Temperatures are now rock-steady at full load and the card remains ultra-stable at those temperatures (and that was before the Arctic Silver has had time to properly cure, which can take up to 3 days).

Hopefully my next races will not look like flashbacks from an old LSD junkie anymore! :twisted:

Congrats to Coy for the win and Juan and Flow for the nice finish. Thanks to SteveB for improving my setup!
2010 NA div. Admin