EURO VALENCIA RACE

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Fred

EURO VALENCIA RACE

Post by Fred »

Well that was not fun. Natcoxx, who qualified two tenths off my pole time, got DQd for doing too many laps in qualifying. That sent him to the back of the grid of course, leaving me and Mark on the front row.
I got a good start, just like Coffeemachine who was up to second. I saw on the timing screen that Mark was down to third, so I took it quite easy since I edged Coffee with over a second a lap.

So I was leading the race by 17 secs after like 9 laps and thought, what's the point of sitting here just driving by myself? So I got too far out on a kerb in S3 on lap 9 or 10, and decided to have a lottery. I didn't lift the throttle to save the car, so I just waited to see what was gonna happen. I ended up in the wall and that was it :) Congrats to whoever will take the flag first.

Shame about not restarting the race when Dan said before the race that his car wasn't ready :? I was the one suggesting to go to the race right away, I know, but he asked for a restart before the race so we should have done that.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Dan Rasmusson

Re: EURO VALENCIA RACE

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

I'm very pissed off that I didn't get a chance to race at all because my suspension in both fronts and rear right was yellow and I asked for a restart race button to be press by admin or anyone so that I could restart with whole car. You can't change feul anyway or setup so I thought that would be the best idea. The other people ignored what I said though and we started, I got a good start actually and was hoping that maybe these car injuries were just on the monitor and not on the car. Alas I was wrong when it felt like ice on T1 and I decided to break out into the barrier not to create any crashes with anyone else as Slipstream Snake was right behind me.

Sorry for chatting "during race" since it's against the rules but I thought since it was before the race actually had started that we could do something, (as it wouldn't affect anyone negatively.) The thing that pissed me off the most is that I would've had some nice racing and defending to do. me and Slipstream almost had the same pace but I think he's abit heavier than me....

/Dan.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

My bad for not calling red flag, should have been restarted but it was short to race and when i enterd track i saw everyone ligning up so thought it was ok. After that Dan chatted one more time still could have restarted but at that point i dropped back in the field to 6th place or something and i felt like it would be taking advantage of the situation that apeared for me so i decided to not call a restart at that point. Mayby a bad mistake dont know, mistake was already made before racestart was made anyway.

Anyway this was my last race, if Fred thinks like that about the race then i shouldnt be racing here. Looks like nobody gives a rats ass about things here apart from the NA guys. To bad that things have come this far, i wish we could go back in years to 2002 again when things where incredible nice around here. :( I ever wanted to win this championship one time, but if it goes like this then there is no reason for me to win it.

DQ me from this race, im out wish you guys all the best.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Just had a quick check on my replay, seems like i did a few cuts here and there. Please DQ from this race, dont want to have my points for this race.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

dutch power wrote:My bad for not calling red flag, should have been restarted but it was short to race and when i enterd track i saw everyone ligning up so thought it was ok. After that Dan chatted one more time still could have restarted but at that point i dropped back in the field to 6th place or something and i felt like it would be taking advantage of the situation that apeared for me so i decided to not call a restart at that point. Mayby a bad mistake dont know, mistake was already made before racestart was made anyway.
I know what you mean Mark, restarting when the admin have a bad start is hard to do, since it may change better your situation, what some dont think about it, when you have the power and want to be fair, its hard decision. When i admin in past, we faced same situation. And as usual, one you restard and one that went on a good start crash, he will be mad and will ask himself to retart again...

I dont know what happend to the race, did at least 1 driver finish the race? If no one cross the finish line, why not rerace it next sunday? Anyway, many driver were not available to race. But is some got point and finished the race, it wont be possible to do that.
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I actualy won the race, but its not just that lol. This aint working atm so took my conclusion. :)
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Dan Rasmusson

Post by Dan Rasmusson »

Flow actually had a good suggestion of how we could solve it if we really wanted to, but I think it's asking abit much right now but I'll post how I understood what he meant soon in a seperate thread.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

dutch power wrote:I actualy won the race, but its not just that lol. This aint working atm so took my conclusion. :)
Well after admin review, you could be put back to last position since you seem to say that you cut too mutch.

We will have fun, and we will have hard time, this is one, but we must not let the fun out. I suggest this :

make a good resume of what hapend (no bad comment againts any)
is there somthing can be done?
If yes, then let talk about it
If no, what can we learn and make shure this wont happend again?
After all this, why not just have fun at next race...

I see things like that. up to you to discuss or just drop things there.
NAR.F1 driver
pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

Well, It was a very hard race. My start wasnot very good, and I had a mistake, but fortunatelly, I was able to follow. Later, people dissapear, or crashed, I dont' know, but at last, only Marc and me in the race. I tried to reduce the advantadge from Marc, but he was very fast, so finally, I risked too much, and I crashed, but I was able to arrive to pit and repair the car (55 seconds repairing, so I knew there than the main objective was to finish race).
The car was very difficult to drive, because the car was not completely repaired, but I decided not to risk any more and I had enough making lapd up to 1:40. Finally, I finished the race, and my arms were very tired :? , but I enjoyed the race, but it is more fun when there are more than 10 people racing.

Regards, see you in next race!!! :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... lencia.zip (10.2MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Thanks to Slipstream Snake for hosting.
2010 NA div. Admin
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

My career was a shame.

My pace time were very good at home, Valencia, near where I live. But I did not want to risk at the start and make 7 laps qualy to avoid my car suffered damage in the start and thus disqualified.

I was a very good pace and without forcing the machine can reach coffemachine where then try moving closer to the maximum to reach Fredrik (if it was possible :lol: ). Could secure a good position in the race but suddenly, a huge thunder made a lightning almost hit the side of my house, leaving me with no electricity for over 4 hours, and go to compete in a race to fight to find a candle home to see something. :D

Pity that the race with so few people outside, but even without seeing the repetition, want to congratulate all the drivers, Mark for the win and very especially to my brother Kalimero, who just check their deserved second place.

With excellent teamwork in the last races that stand to Super Aguri, and almost the same point in driver's league.

I have to buy a powerful UPS ... :? :lol:
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

For the record: As a NAR admin, I have reviewed both Mark's and Kalimero's races from the server replay posted above and found them both be within the rules (with the exception of Kalimero's pit exit after his accident but that's totally inconsequential and I wouldn't have mentioned it if not for the controversy that was raised about this race). So the results stand as they are in the race reports and on the NAR website: 10 points for Mark and 8 points for Kalimero.

On a more personal note, respect to Kalimero for not giving up and making it to the end.
2010 NA div. Admin