New FIA rules, new NAR rules?

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

New FIA rules, new NAR rules?

Post by DanTheMan »

I don't have all the details, but apparently launch control will be banned in F1 this season. Any thoughts on whether we should ban it in NAR or not?
Move over!!!
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

One other thing is the qualifying. I finally found out how they are gonna do it. I found this on http://www.f1technical.net/

"Qualifying :
- There will be two qualifying sessions - Friday and Saturday, both 13.00 - 14.00;
- qualifying to be one (only) flying lap for each car, cars to run one at a time;
- running order on Friday to follow Championship (previous year at first race), with Championship leader going out first, 2nd in Championship running second, and so on;
- running order on Saturday will be determined by the Friday times (which do not count for the grid), so that the fastest on Friday runs last on Saturday, the second fastest second last, and so on. "

About the launch control I dont know. I only used it in the last 3 races last season. It gives better starts perhaps, some people get to much wheel spin without LC and spin around. I think we will have LC in Div 2 anyway, at least in the beginning.
Last edited by killahead on 17 Jan 2003, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by DanTheMan »

Personally I used launch control in every race I started last season. I find it very useful to me, and I would certainly be at a disadvanatge if we banned it. But, since it will be banned in FIA races maybe we should consider it.

Why don't you set up a poll and announce the poll on the homepage (to ensure everyone casts their vote)?

/Daniel
Move over!!!
Alx

Post by Alx »

Thats a good idea.
But it seems that there is alot of start crashes and LC is just a way to minimize stalling and people spinning in front of you.

Personaly I would like proper starts and a bit of wheelspinn, but I am afraid many drivers, myself incl, will crack under pressure and destroy someone elses race. Do not want that on my consience.

/@
a little bit sideways is always quicker
cartandretti

Post by cartandretti »

the qualify session thing is going to be a problem for me because I have a league race at 4 pm pst and soccer in the mornings. What should I do?
Mitch Simon
aka: CartAndretti
Lavvy

Lavvy

Post by Lavvy »

Would it not take considerably longer to qualify even with just 1 flying lap each?....also if F1A do this rule they surely must do away with the 107% ruling or 1 spin and ur outta the race!!??......
As for launch control i really feel we should use it.....start line stalls, and spins/crashes would be everywhere!!, and many people spend a lot of time practising a track, too long in fact for it to be ended by the car next to you spinning on the grid!
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one.