Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

NA Hungary Race!

Post by Flow »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ungary.zip (15.8MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Re: NA Hungary Race!

Post by Flow »

I will post now, just in case we loose electricity, since half an hour, we have lightning at eatch 5-6 seconds, crazy outside, just like day ligh when it happend.

No practice at all untill i join the server 1 hour before race. Drivers said that wings needed to be at max, so i decide to use Monaco setup as is, and adjust fuel. I know that track by heart, so it was just a mather of hope and setting a good pace, witch i did.

I had a great qualif, 4th (if im right). Sorry for beeing so late to come out, i was hesitating on on 2 stop on soft or 3 on supersoft, i did 3 finaly. I was hoping a great fight at end, Jimmy seem on 4, up to middle race, unless he was going to do a long 30 laps for the end. At middle race, I was 10sec behind Jimmy and 10sec in front of Carrera, i decide to push more and gain a -.5 per laps, but that probably cost me my engine. Im not shure if its that or the contact on my rad from the front wheel of Coy at exit of T1 on L1. Sorry Coy, but on replay, i think its more a race incident. I was folowing my driving line, not seeing you on my side, but you seem to slip at same moment. Let see what your replay tell you. Had a great fight with SteveB. He went wide at a corner and i knew that he would be realy distract and nervous, so i felt that just pushing close would kill him, and later he went wide by mistake that gave me all the space i needed to pass him. Carrera gave me alot of pressure, i think he was on 2 stop also, so i was getting lost on where he was going to end up, but usualy, hes giving up in grass or in a wall :wink:

Cya at next one, i just hope that i will have time to practice.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Well with no practice at all last week I came to this race not expecting too much....lol

My Qualy went better than I thought 5th on the grid....was happy :)

Race start was great but everyone got off the line the same so the approach
to T1 was nerve racking to say the least.

Exiting T1 I was in 3rd and was there for about half of the first stint and had a nice battle with Flow, then I made a mistake and Flow past me and found myself sandwiched between Flow and Carrera.....OMG!!!!!
Exiting T4 (were MASSA went off) I was on the throttle a split second too soon and spun and tagged the guardrail knocking off
my front wing allowing Carrera to pass me amung others.....LOL
I made it back to the pits, fixed my wing but still had front left suspension damage but I really wanted to finish this one.

With about 6 laps to go approaching T1 I saw CARRERA'S car on fire......sad for you buddy you drove a fantastic race. :(

Finished 4th very happy with this result. :) :) :)

CONGRATS to MARIO and to all who finished.....WELL DONE TO ALL!!!
Last edited by SteveB on 27 Jul 2009, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Well, well. My suspension broke. I looked so much forward to this race. Had an ok race and suddenly at the end of lap 23, which was 5 laps before my first pitstop, the rear suspension broke and from doing 21's I was doing 25's. Nothing I could do about it. Tried to figure out why I was lapping slower and the car was more and more undrivable and I believe it was on lap 25 I couldn't steer and went off the track and engine stopped. No smoke but engine stopped.

I am traveling to Europe August 2nd and will be back in town August 16th so I won't make it to the next race. See you at Spa :D .
It's not hard, when you know how......
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Steve B wrote:With about 6 laps to go approaching T1 I saw CARRERA'S car on fire......!
Ho Carrera, i had the same finish, but 2 race in row. I think that at Valencia, il bring some marshmellow!
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Flow wrote:Ho Carrera, i had the same finish, but 2 race in row. I think that at Valencia, il bring some marshmellow!
ROFLMAO!!!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Well I gave it my best eh?.was a smooth race.Radiator at max and still somehow without damage the engine blew.I was even shifting a 1000 rpm earlier.Can't really slow down honestly or its no point racing right?.Anyway,it sucked and I was really surprised noone saw me roasting weiners at the back of the car.I didn't have marshmallows Flow...LOL...bummer.Well my computer locked up twice before race due to the intense heat outside and inside.Locked up during qualifying and got back in to finish in a good position near the back.The start was good .No contact to speak of.HAd a couple of good battles.Just stayed ahead of STeve B and when I saw flow drop out I said"what the f*** now?".HAd no idea what happened to him.CAr was great to drive but I think with full downforce the engine prolly worked to hard.My downshifts were a little hard as well.The race started and Boons computer locked up almost right away.Go figure.Mine didn't.We were not expecting good results here anyway.COuld not really keep up after a while to the front runners so I settled in and let flow fly on.We gave it our best shot flow.Boon was not too upset.He didn't really get used to the track but still gave it his all for a lap or so.Ah well flow.there is always next race.Last race we had connection problems at the last min in gremany so we got shafted on that one.61 laps out of 70.just not enough again in hungary.next race will be less downforce and hopefully a little easier on the engine.remebre though flow....YOU BLEW UP FIRST....so nyah nyah.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
first i wanna say congrat to all finisher n podium
for me qualy went not as i expect, i did pole but not whit the time i want,just b4 qualy my pc freeze and i was working on race set (final adjustement) and i found sometin ,i was able to pace in 17mid but i didnt save the set so :cry: when i get back i try to do same set but it was not exact the same so i said to me fuck off and have fun like that :mrgreen: in the openning stage i was very happy to see that jimmy and other was following pretty much close to me but after a few lap the gap was incrising evry lap i was consistent and i push as more as i can too.i was suprise to see jimmy pitting so earlier i was on track for about 3 or 4 laps longer then him and i think that make the difference cuz when i get off my 1st pit i was still in p1 and the gap was more significatif at that time and it open bigger n bigger till the end of the race.in the middle of the race i start to have little problem whit my brakin point at the little chicane in sector2(there was no more marker there lollll) so i pass trought once or twice maybe 3x lollll i spun 2x too and i almost hit the wall in t5 i lost complete concentration and i finally stop the car at about0.5cm of the wall lmaof no dammage just light aero dammage so notin to stop me pffffiou :mrgreen: from the start till the checkerd flag i never lost p1 and i have to say that im very happy to see coy on the podium YES SIR BUDDY you did it bro :lol: and nice race jimmy whit p2 but u still have a long way to come n get me ahahahahah joke im in a hurry to see u back on track in valencia damn 3 weeks its fuckin long :) when ur addict to sim like me and when im not racing whit you guys,its like a junky whit out is hit of smack lmaof joke ,but im addict to sim thats not a joke lollll
ohh yes i forgot to mention that too thkx a lot to all driver i lap cuz u guys know how to clear the race line and u did it at the proper time too, u always did whit class like pro guys .Steveb damn it u almost did podium heheh p4 congrat m8
well like i said im in hurry to be in valencia and i will be well prepare for that race (prediction"WIN" thats all notin else) :twisted:
cya there fellas