NA Nurburgring race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

NA Nurburgring race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ermany.zip (14.2MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
Last edited by Bilbo on 13 Jul 2009, 03:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: results
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Re: NA Nurburgring race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

Congratulation Mario for the win, Jeff for the 2nd and was fun to battle with you while it last. Just the time to check you in the mirror and check back in front, i lost my braking point at end of straight, and you past me nicely on the inside after the "S". Congratulation for your 3rd place on podium Kalli, you deserved it today. Ho, and nice finish Steve, lol another one! Also to Coy, nice to cya at end of race at the finish line.

My engine just went dead "Kabooommmmm" tuf, tuffff, tufffffff, pssssseeeeeeeee.... zzzzzz zzzz DNF 15 laps before end in 2nd position... too bad, those were precious points tonight, Jimmy, Juan not racing and Bilbo DNF... snif, snif.

Hey, others, we mist you in race, we were only 7! But was still fun.

Cya next one.
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Congrats to all who finished.

My Q was okay, no way I could qualify a second faster to gain one more position. The race itself was cool, I was doing the same times as in practice and quite consistent. I had a few fights with Jeff, who I did make fight for each pass in the hope of screwing his 3 stops strategy, which would have meant easy podiums for me and Flow (if we had made it to the end) as we were both on 2 stops. I had a nice fight coming with Flow but after Jeff passed me on lap 27, I was sticking (too) close to him and misjudged the draft effect as we got close to Ford-Kurve and went wide on the grass, spun in the sand then jacked the car up on the sand, no way to exit, game over. :(

Still, it was a pretty fun race, I can only imagine what it would have been if more drivers had showed up... See you in Hungary!
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Bilbo wrote: I had a nice fight coming with Flow
Ho yeah, i almost forgot about it, but i was more hoping for Mario to mistake that i forgot that you were my second waiste of concentration... folowing at 3 sec and closing slowly the gap... that i what kept me having fun in race. I was completly disoriented on what strategy Jeff had, i tought he was on 2 short and 1 long stint, with didnt let me any chance to slow down and save the engine, making me pushing and pushing... to mutch.
NAR.F1 driver
Jeff Cassista

Post by Jeff Cassista »

Congrats Mario for the win and Kaali for the 3 rd .

I ad a verry fun racing night. ad a great fight whit Flow at the begining for a couple laps an then I spun an when was getting back on track I couldnt see well on my right an COY was coming I tought I had left enought space to clear but I want to far an Coy couldnt avoid me ( sorry about that COY :( ) an ad some damage on my car but I could push it anyway an aftyer couple laps I cout Bilbo an starting to have a great batle whit him sence he wanted to ruine my stratégie :P after a couple laps stock behing Bilbo I didnt want to ruine my chance of passing at the end of the starting line so I brake late on the inside of the first corner , I lost my brefth for a sec but it pass :) , an then was the Flow pursuit :P after I pass Bilbo at the 27 laps I was 23 sec behind Flow, I was catching him slowly but I was coming an wanted to try to give him a nice race finish but when there was only 8 sec between us an 15 laps to go I saw flow beside the track al in smoke wayting for is towing :P . so verry happy to finish in second place an help STR to get 18 points in europe :)

see u guys have some nice vacations
Last edited by Jeff Cassista on 13 Jul 2009, 04:08, edited 2 times in total.
Team Honda
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well, I finished so that is good :lol: Spent the majority of the race alone on the track ( except when getting lapped ) Congrats to Mario, Jeff, and Kalii for the podium finishes !
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

CONGRADULATION MARIO and to all who finished.

Sorry I missed this one was working outside then company came over so no way I could make it.

C U in HUNGARY and the track will be ready tomorrow.
I found a few things that needed fixing. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Wooo hoooo! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I finished third! Wauw what a feeling. :twisted:

Congrats to Mario jr and Jeff. Wow are you guys fast or what? I was so lapped by Mario jr. Felt like a newbie and Mario was even kind to me and let me unlap at the end :lol:

I chose a very, very, very conservative setup: too much downforce, too much cooling for engine and brakes and it showed in the race. The fast guys disappeared very fast in front of me but that was all I could do. I was about to settle for 5th when Bilbo and Flow suddenly was hitchhiking :mrgreen: Sorry there was no room :lol: :P :wink: Very neat race btw. Not the most exciting race though and I am glad I finally finished a race this season. Phew that was something I needed so I don't have to quit this season :D

See you at Hungary.
It's not hard, when you know how......
pccmikasa

Post by pccmikasa »

Nice race. My start was no good, and them Max Romer touched my car and it was difficult to drive (the steering wheel was jumping all the time), but I was surprised, because I was able to drive more or less in 1:34 so I tried to finish the race, and I was in 4 position.
Unfortunatelly, before the second pit stop, whem I was going to repair the car, I loose control at last, every lap the control was more difficult with the steering wheel jumping all the time, and I did't push the cluth buttom at time. I was happy when I saw that Pascal Kreischer and Natxocc were able to avoid crash with me (I was in the first corner trying to control the car). I would have been very sorry if because of me other driver were out of the race.
Anyway, it was fun ann I enjoied watching the battle betwen the 2nd and 3th, it was fun, but my brother NatxoCC had problems with fuel (the mod does not calculete properly), and the battle finished too early.
Congratulations all people that finished the race.

See all you next race.

Kalimero
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
first i wanna say congrat to my tm8 who finish in p2, YES SIR BRO :twisted: we did it this time
and congrat to all driver who showed up yesterdays and finish the race n podium heheh n1 steve for the podium .
i have to say that i didnt drive much these past month cuz of my work situation,ive been working days and nite and evenning in same week since 2 month and im very tired (vacation is recommand :D ) for the nurburgring i did test but only to find a good base set ,i was always on very low fuel and i didnt test long run at all,so for the race i was in a blink car whit out knowing if it will long lasting (tires engine brake etc etc)the race for me was hard to finish as i say im fuc....n tires and so damn hard to stay focus all the race for the 1st stint i was able to stay concentrate and i did quite good lap time and consistent too,flow was p2 atm whit the rest of the field, i was pulling away a gap cuz i knew he was on 2 stopper and me 3 so i have to manage to have free room when ill do my pit stop which i did good cuz when i pit , i got out just in front of flow dont remember the gap atm :( for the 2nd stint it was a matter of lappin slower car and keep tryiung to push as more as i could,but after near 30 laps of the race i was loosing my concentration i was hardly able to stay focus i did a lot of mistake in the rest of the race (spun 2 or 3x went on grass ,out braking my self ,pass trought the last chicane once or twice i was alone :) ) that mean i need a lot of rest .but it was a cool race and im happy to win the europe G-P, str3 comin back whit maximum points for the team and thats is very good im in a hurry to see hungaroring its a track whit no room for error and hard to overtake cya there fellas and u better be in shape guys cuz i will :mrgreen:
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

mario proietti jr wrote:i got out just in front of flow dont remember the gap atm :
You exit pit with 3-4 car distance. I was saying : i hate you, i hate you, i hate you, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!!!!, but its still fun, lol. 1-2 second overall is all what i needed... but no luck.
NAR.F1 driver