NEW DRIVERS LOOK FOR MESSAGE HERE

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
markymen
Favorite team: Lotus
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NEW DRIVERS LOOK FOR MESSAGE HERE

Post by markymen »

Hello,

My Good Friend Scoot Beck of Rothmans Racing recommended NAR to me. Scott and I became friends long ago when I first started to Sim Race in the Formula Sim Racing League run by ISR. We were on different teams at that point but our times were very close although he got the better of me. I'm not the fastest guy around but I'm very considerate and conscience of approaching and nearby drivers. If you are clearly faster than me I will let you by. Hey I human I do make mistakes too I'm not saying I'm perfect. Just getting out on track with real live people makes it for me.

I started Sim racing after Ninetendo console first came out. I bought my Son a game called "Andretti Racing". I also bought him a wheel and pedals that went with the game. Yep I ended up racing on it more than he did. Then his Motherand I spearated. By that time he had moved onto another console. I grabbed his old Nintendo and the game. The wheel was beat and didn'twork. So I went into a Gamestop back then to look for a new wheel. I bought one and brought it home. When I took it out of the box and looked at it I thought "This is a toy". I went back to the store and asked the clerk if he had anything better. He pointed up to the top shelf in the back of the store that was collecting dust. He pulled it down and I looked it over. He said you will need this game and a PC to use it. I had just bought a new PC so I said okay what the hell what have I got to lose? It was a lttle more than what I planned to pay but I gave him the money took the merchandise and left. The wheel was the Red Logitech MOMO and the game was EA F1 Challenge. Need I say more?

Another friend from FSR introduced me to GPL around the same time. I began racing with another league NAGPL. I bought the original GPL CD for 5 US. Over time my PC became out dated and my FPS was causing lag for everyone when I joined. It wasn't fun anymore I stopped racing with FSR. I continued to race with NAGPL until it's founder took ill and it ended. Since then I only occassionally raced alone but I longed to race again someday when I could afford a new PC with a capable video card. Recently I've made that purchase. I've been practicing again with my old Buddy Scott.

My Dad took me to see the Grand Prix movie as a boy and I was smitten. I've always kept in touch with F1, USAC, Champ Car and IRL since then. Open wheel and road course racing are my passionl. My company Sylvania sponsors the Sylvania 300 each year at NHMS (Louwden). I like NASCAR also but not as much as road course racing. Okay I said more than more sorry.

My favorite all time drivers are Senna, Clark, Andretti, Fangio, Ascari, and Gurney. The move Mika put on Schumi at Spa a while back forever gained my respect. Massa got screwed I almost put my fist through the TV. Timo is a zero. Speed wasn''t, I'm hoping that Derek Bell's Son gets his shot at F1. I'd like to see what Sebas could have done with Sebas' car. I like Sebas learned to respect Webber. I'm haunted by Lorenzo Bandini's death which I watched live as a boy on ABC Wide world of sports. It changed the face of the greatest track in the world forever. Yep "Grand Prix" is my favorite all time movie, I have watched it more times than I care to admit to. My favorite tracks all time are the original Monaco, Original Spa, Nordschliefe, Zandfort and Monza Milano (Monza w/o chicanes and the oval ). Newer tracks I kind of like the Tilke tracks (hope that doesn't offend anyone). Turkey and Abu Dabi are incredible drives. Love Road America, Road Atlanta, Watkins and Infineon in this country.

Okay I love racing enough said.. Please consider my application for racing in your league. I'm not the fastest guy around (Scott has picked up 1-2 seconds on me I need practice to make that back up!!!) As I've stated I am very respectful of the other driver and will always get out of the way if I hear you coming. I like just about any car asl long as I can put the pedal to the metal!

Thank You for your consideration in these matters,
Respectfully
Mark Mendonca
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Markymen, welcome to NAR - North-American (NA) division! 8)

I'll get back to you soon about which car you can drive. In the meantime, enjoy your access to the NAR drivers Private section! 8)

Hope to meet you on the track soon!
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Hi markymen,

WELCOME to NAR !!!

I am sure you will have a FANTASTIC time here.
Thank you for telling us a little of your background :)
My Dad also took me to my first F1 race when I was 4 yrs old, it was
at Mosport.
My Dad also took me to Watkins Glen and in 1989 he took me to Imola.
I miss my Dad very much.

I LOVE that movie too. :)

No worries about how fast you are the respect for rules and other drivers comes first and finally
to have FUN!!

See you on track very soon and again WELCOME TO NAR!!!

Steve B
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

markymen

Post by markymen »

Thank You kind Sirs!!! I look forward to the FUN!!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Welcome Mark!!! Don't worry, if speed was a requirement, I would have been booted from NAR a LONG time ago !! :lol: I guess now I am the elder statesman here, been here since 2003 in the old F1 2002 days. By the way, if you see me going down the long straight at Monza, and my turn signal is on, beep your horn, hehe
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Scott Beck

Post by Scott Beck »

You may be the elder statesman here at NAR, but I bet I'm the oldest.
Scott Beck
Visit http://www.rothmans-racing.com for Some Classic Info
Steve

Post by Steve »

51 here... :(
markymen

Post by markymen »

53 physically, young at heart and mind!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ahhh, a couple fogeys to join us !! haha
carrera

Post by carrera »

Right on.
good to see some older guys in the leAGUE TO MAKE ME FEEL YOUNGER..lol...
I joined 5 months after steve so I am just a newbie by his standards.Aaron(aawil)joined at the same time as steve to I believe.
The Ferrari has his Aarons name stamped on it.Ever since I can remember and steve B as well.
Make sure your ready to do a full 100% race distance MArky men and scott cuz anything can happen.
Now lets get out there and burn rubber......
Welcome to NAR gentlemen.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Scott Beck

Post by Scott Beck »

I got you guys beat. I'm 55 and I hope I can do 100% distance!
Scott Beck
Visit http://www.rothmans-racing.com for Some Classic Info
markymen

Post by markymen »

I'm ready to go the distance. I'm all for realism in my simulations. As far as age is concerned, I'm sure everyone has heard of Juan Manual Fangio he was no spring chicken when he won all those championships. Not by any means putting myself in that league just admiration for a great champion.